You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Match Tottenham Hotspur v. Southampton

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spursdem, 2 Dec 2018.

1. Park Lane Mark Twain

Our run of fixtures until March really fascinates me. For me this is where our season starts League wise:

Leicester (a)
    Burnley (h)
    Everton (a)
    Bournemouth (h)
    Wolverhampton (h)
    Cardiff (a)
    Man U (h)
    Fulham (a)
    Watford (h)
    Newcastle (h)
    Leicester (h)
    Burnley (a)

12 games until we lock horns with a team on par with us talent wise. I look at all of those games and think that the boys could really put something together that makes the home straight/ businesss end of the season very interesting. Got to keep Liverpool in our sights, our target needs to be firing ourselves into the same sentence as that lot & Man City as title contenders come March time.

In contrast Chelsea play Man City (h), Brighton (a), Leicester (h), Watford (a), Crystal Palace (a), Southampton (h), Newcastle (h), Woolwich (a), Bournemouth (a), Huddersfield (h), Man City (a), Brighton (h)........Two games against City still to go and an away trip to Woolwich to deal with.

The goons have Huddersfield (h), Southampton (a), Burnley (h), Brighton (a), Liverpool (a), Fulham (h), West Ham (a), Chelsea (h), Cardiff (h), Man City (a), Huddersfield (a), Southampton (h)......Away to Liverpool, a game vs Chelsea and a trip to Man City.

No top five team for us until spring now yet the two directly below us have games that directly impact the loss of points for those around us. We simply have to make this glut of games count

• Like x 18
    • Agree x 4
  2. CSWY

Supporter

They got away with it too. We had a lot more chances than just the highlights reel. 4-2 may have been a fairer score. But we were clearly better. We did relax at 3-0 but that’s to be expected after a very draining last week. We’re back on track.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. Tottenham Sean

Yep,that's how i saw it as well.We also took our foot of the accelerator,hate it when we do that, go for the kill.
    Credit to them in the 2nd half though, they deserved their goal.

• Agree x 1
  4. Dubaijim

Supporter

Twitter:
    @dubaijim
    On match for match (same fixture last Yr v this Yr) we are +9 points and +1 GS +1 GD

But but but but Spurs are in crisis.....

Also highlights just what a ridiculous season both the Oil Slicks and Dippers are both having this year

• Agree x 3
  5. Colonel_K

Didn’t Woolwich fall apart last season after they beat us 2-0 and we went on a run of results. History repeating, gone has Woolwich’s season unravelling around Feb? Now we have them raising their game for their biggest match of their season, lap of honours and dressing room vids of them beating us mid season. They have turned into West Ham :dembelelol:

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  6. MonkeyYid

One
    I use ace stream in the uk, however I seem to be struggling to find decent codes and end up using crappy streams. Do you have a website where you get the copy and paste codes from?

7. Totti

It's as if the roles have reversed.

They've become us a decade ago. When we would lap up a 2-2 draw against them just because it meant they couldn't beat us.

Now as we've grown we realise we have bigger fish to fry.

8. Cockeral Chris

They are season ticket holders

• Like x 1
  9. Guido

This I think is the time of year I think they usually struggle. Then when there is nothing to play for their results pick up at the end of the season. I guess we shall now see if Emery has changed things.

10. Guido

Not that convinced dippers will keep up.

• Agree x 2
  11. THFC-Israel

I don't see the big deal.
    Wednesday night, 20:00 KO, away from home at a shithole ground, cold, after NLD blues. completely reasonable.

• Agree x 3
  12. Wallander

Usually we kick on in the second half of seasons. We'll go into every single one of those games as favorites and by the time the Man Utd game comes by the gap between us and them should be out of sight for them to catch up (currently 10 clear).

That said surely the law of averages would imply we're due some draws. If we're going to catch City/Liverpool there's very little room for error among those fixtures.

13. Dubaijim

Supporter

Twitter:
    @dubaijim
    oh I don't know, I celebrated the win in February with a certain amount of gusto for a day or so

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. Totti

#694 Totti, 6 Dec 2018
    Last edited: 6 Dec 2018
    With the way we are giving teams chances, there are a few banana skins in there, especially away from home.

Leiecester, Everton and Fulham under Ranieri especially.

• Agree x 1
  15. Totti

No doubt. The game is still a derby and a day for bragging rights.

• Like x 1
  16. sammyspurs

Errrr we was not cruising for the last half an hour. Our legs had gone and they pinned us back, hitting the bar twice, forcing several saves and last ditch blocks and then scored.

17. Wallander

People talk about us only winning once at their place but in the same time frame since 2010 they've only won twice at WHL/Wembley (both in 2014). The reality is home advantage is huge when it comes to the NLD now. For them it's the only time they get an atmosphere.

It's also why it's so much harder for a London club to win the league because there are so many "derbies".

• Like x 2
  18. YTpaxton

Supporter

Good point. Would have been pretty much full capacity the last season at WHL.

• Agree x 3
  19. adasai

Number 7. Lol.

20. BangkokSpud

We were cruising at 3-0 ..... they nearly this, and nearly that so what?.... and a 93 minute offside consolation, apart from the guys who backed 3-0 who cares? If you see this game as some sort of desperate 30 minutes of 'hanging on' then I'm afraid football is just not for you ....

• Agree x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info