Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton - Boxing Day Bonanza

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the fuck is it with you and Arcspace?
You cry when I'm negative and cry when I'm positive.

Just fuck off the pair of you, I don't give a rats cunt for either of you, and Im not trying to be a better poster than either of you, you I don't give a fuck when you quote me back talking about meltdowns and how rude and obtuse I am. Press disagree 1000000000 times, I do not care.

Just fuck off
No.
Every time you post, you invite comment, as does everyone who posts on here.
If you don't want people to reply, then don't post on here.
You know how to post responsibly, yet now you seem hell bent on causing argument, dividing opinion and generally being obnoxious.
God knows why you think it's a good idea.
If I disagree with posts Sammy, I pretty much always take the time to say why.

No.
You know how to post responsibly, yet now you seem hell bent on causing argument, dividing opinion and generally being obnoxious.

I DO NOT CARE

Great performance from the whole team, Dele seems to has found his form again and Dier looked very composed today. Southampton though haven't really made it tough for us - but this is why midtable clubs just park the bus against us. Ultimately we just outscore them. And they had a few injury problems as well.

I don't think we need to say another word about Kane, an amazing player and personality. His haters are running out of excuses. With him breaking the record, I have to pull out this timeless classic: Harry Kane, Luckiest Man In Soccer You can tweet the author and he will desperately try to justify his bullshit article. :sonpoint:

Happy birthday to our skipper, but he has been a letdown for the two goals today... had some good saves, but he doesn't seem to be himself this season. His passing ability aside, he needs to gain back his focus. Errors like these aren't costly against opposition like this, they could be very costly in top games. Also having some doubts about Dembele's future, but maybe all he needs are more games.

Anyway, COYS - we have done very well in December (minus the Manchester drubbing), let's keep this going next year! :kanegoal:

Well done Kane. Where were all the fans to salute that feat though?

Tbh, I was going to get tickets for myself and a few family members but the ticket prices were too much to fork out in xmas month. If they'd priced it under £40 then I'd have made it a family day out.

Money went to the pub instead.

What the fuck is it with you and Arcspace?
You cry when I'm negative and cry when I'm positive.

Just fuck off the pair of you, I don't give a rats cunt for either of you, and Im not trying to be a better poster than either of you. I don't give a fuck when you quote me back talking about meltdowns and how rude and obtuse I am. Press disagree 1000000000 times, I do not care.

Just fuck off
It was meant as a joke

Proof here that DT and AFTV shower of shite have worse analysis skills than a 6yo

Literally only 30 seconds my wife filmed in the ground, but he says more in that than the Sky lot do in 30 mins :D

No.
No what it is Mick Cooper Mick Cooper is you doing what have previously done and that is to stir up a situation and then retreating and returning every-now and again to pour petrol on the fire and doing what you do best, being a dickhead. Sammy has a valid point with you and Arcy tag-teaming, when did this unholy alliance occur, you guys were not the best of buddies not so long ago. You are a king size hypocrite mate and you just get off being that way.

With him breaking the record, I have to pull out this timeless classic: Harry Kane, Luckiest Man In Soccer You can tweet the author and he will desperately try to justify his bullshit article. :sonpoint:
Rereading that article genuinely made me laugh out loud.

The pinnacle of stats wankery. Far too much faith in the expected goals stat, for starters.

Trying to find out if the author was either biased towards another team or trying to crank out a hot take to look like a soothsayer.
:kaneear:

Edit: Imagine my shock - he tweets more about a particular football club than any other...

Last edited:
Noticed that about Long, as well.

Why do Southampton have such dirty players up front?
:deledoubt:

Was a little surprised we didn't see a red for any of their players as they got more wound up...
It’s the only thing Long is good at, I don’t mind that from some forwards, but like Deeney, not that good on the ball but can work over the CB’s, given them a hard game and occupy them, only problem is you need another forward to capitalise. Get this, Kane has scored 50 goals since Long last scored!!!!

xWNQV
25994668_1239430742825700_4915299764149619535_n.jpg

One thing I didn't understand about the Southampton line up was why an utter donkey like Long started, who hasn't scored since February, while decent players like Gabbiadini, Tadic and Ward-Prowse were on the bench (the latter not even coming on as a sub).

Karen is playing in a Spurs side and has scored so many goals. He’s lucky.
What are Spurs such a fantastic club it’s a piece of piss.
I mean, if he was at City, Man U or Liverpool he’d not be as lucky.
He’s been at the top level since 14/15.
No1 choice since 15/16.
He’s achieved so much becuase he’s lucky.
I mean, look how many hat tricks he’s got and who they are against.
Every top,striker has scored as many away against these teams.....oh wait.

Kane 8 hat tricks since 2015 ( 4 goals x1)
Sanchez 1
Mane 1
Hazard 1
Sterling 1
Giroud 1
Costa 1
Vardy 1
Rooney 1
Giroud 1
Walcott 1

Agüero has 5 hat tricks since 2014 (4 goals x1 5x1)
Lukaku 2 since 2014 (4 goals once)

PL goals since 14/15
Kane 96
Agüero 82
Hazard 39
Sterling 32
Lukaku 63
Walcott 28
Giroud 46
Costa 52

Agüero and Kane are the two best forwards in the Pl.
Agüero will be 30 in 6 months
Kane is 5yrs younger.
Agüero is a world class forward.

From 13/14 at the age of 19/20 when Kane started his Spurs first team career until today (4 and half seasons) he has scored 96 goals in 132 apps
At 2007/8 at the same age when Agüero started his AM career until 2010/11 (4 seasons) when he was the same age as Kane is now, he’d had 175 apps and scored 74 goals.
So if Kane keeps on impoving until he’s Agueros age?

One thing I didn't understand about the Southampton line up was why an utter donkey like Long started, who hasn't scored since February, while decent players like Gabbiadini, Tadic and Ward-Prowse were on the bench (the latter not even coming on as a sub).
Pellegrino wanted a speedy forward to play on the counter and Long was his best option. He admitted as much pre-match

Back
Top Bottom