Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That mystical 'Hokie Stone' (2:34) looks suspiciously like a bit of old concrete lintel, slapped into place by a drunk with a few dollops of cement.
It's just a block of limestone from the local quarry. Most of the universities buildings are built with it. It probably was the idea of drunk with a bucket of cement. That just makes it even better.

I’m sorry but that’s ridiculously mad. Surely it can’t be like that every home game?

On a different note I have always found it strange how those games are like that with basically a bunch of kids playing. It’s crazy. But I guess it prepares them for a career in the NFL if they get picked.
They don't quite happen EVERY game like that but it's pretty regular atmosphere for games against rival teams, top ranked teams, night games, etc.

College american football seasons are short with usually only 6 home games so they are special events.

Plus, the subsidized student sections skew the fan demographic massively towards young, drunk people looking to party versus what you'll see in the stands at a pro sports game.

Enter the Sandman

And Foo Fighters, Learn to Fly at HT
Independence Day Usa GIF

Just got back from the pub beer garden with my oldest lad , who now lives up north ( but still a yid , as is all my kids and grand kids) We were talking about yesterdays game and Spurs in general . I’ve always felt a bit guilty about my obsession with Spurs passing onto the family but now realising , it’s a bloody good thing. Talking about Spurs and seeing the delight on my lads face means everything to me . Must admit , I’ve had a few but does life get any better than being a yid? Spurs will always be a massive part of my life and at the moment I’m floating on cloud nine . COYS

My eyes may be deceiving me so apologies if this is a daft question, but is the women on the front right, marching in with the team, brandishing a…….gun?
Having watched this video, I find my opinion of America unchanged....and these are just students....supposedly....half of them look as though they can't even write their own names...this isn't support for the team. It's mass hysteria...pathetic

Just got back from the pub beer garden with my oldest lad , who now lives up north ( but still a yid , as is all my kids and grand kids) We were talking about yesterdays game and Spurs in general . I’ve always felt a bit guilty about my obsession with Spurs passing onto the family but now realising , it’s a bloody good thing. Talking about Spurs and seeing the delight on my lads face means everything to me . Must admit , I’ve had a few but does life get any better than being a yid? Spurs will always be a massive part of my life and at the moment I’m floating on cloud nine . COYS
One of the greatest pleasures in my life, is sitting next to one of my children (she's 24) every other week watching Spurs play.

Brilliant. My boys a yid and the grandkids just know not to even jest about being anything else.

By Tuttosport ( italian newspaper)

Knowing him, it will be difficult to make him admit it, but Antonio Conte's Tottenham is in effect one of the candidate teams to win this Premier. Certainly not the favorite - and this could prove to be an advantage - but certainly one of the teams that will fight until the end with the other 2 or 3 most accredited candidates. The 4-1 with which the Spurs got rid of Hasenhuttl's hostile Southampton, in their league debut, confirmed the good things that had already been seen last season since Conte took over the team. In just over 10 months, the Italian technician transformed a tactically lost group with low morale into an army trained for each battle, capable of always making the right play and repeating with great application those mechanisms so dear to the technician. What a Count it was
a master, in England it was already known from the days of Chelsea, when he stupefied everyone by winning the Premier at the first attempt. That he was able, however, in such a short time to put together the pieces of a Tottenham in full identity crisis and with so many players eager to leave the ship was not discounted. Against the Saints, the Italian coach relied on the old guard, the one that allowed him to hit the Champions League goal last year. The new arrivals are all on the bench, including the former Inter Perisic. The most expensive purchase in this market, the Brazilian Richarlison, is still disqualified. The two former Juve players, Bentancur and Kulusevski, are already an integral part of Conte's old guard. In particular, it is the Swedish winger who has benefited most of all from the Conte treatment: the memory of a player who is standing and at times including some off-white seasons has given way to the image of a brilliant footballer , currently one of the strongest external attackers in Europe. His assist for Sessegnon in the action leading to the Spurs equalizer, less than 10 minutes after the advantage of the guests achieved by Ward-Prowse. The Swede's assist is the ninth since he made his debut with Tottenham last February. None
no in the Premier has been able to do better. Assist, but also a goal for the former Juve: Kulusevski, in fact, signs the 4-1 Spurs with his classic left-handed billiard shot. At the end of the match, Conte himself exalts the performance of the former Juve: "Kulusevski has only been 22 years old and can certainly become a crack. He has all the qualities to be a top player. He has strength, he pulls, makes many assists and scores goals. He is a player who has a very dissimilar perspective and it is up to him to keep wanting to reach certain levels. To reach certain levels, from good to excellent, there is a small gap (to fill in) and therefore it must be he who wants to continue working in this way ". The other two Spurs goals are the work of a new-found Dier, very good at taking advantage of the assist of Conte's other winger, the Korean Son, and the own goal of an unfortunate Salisu. A convincing victory and the best start Conte could have hoped for. On Sunday, however, there is already the first litmus test, a fundamental test to understand if the level of this Tottenham has really risen compared to last season. The Spurs, in fact, will visit Chelsea: «I have already reminded my team that last year against them we lost 3 games in 12 days and there we really saw all the difference. It is inevitable that this year we will go there to play also to understand what our level is and where we have arrived ".

I have 2 sons and 1 daughter, The eldest doesn't like football but will always say he is a Spurs fan to anyone that asks ( the kids he teaches at school ect) The youngest is a Yid through and through..
But I took both boys ( who are now men ) to see a Euro game years back and the eldest who proclaims he doesn't like football was out of his seat chanting, cheering ect louder than anyone else in there.
At half time he got out of his seat at the restart and shouted " Shit ,they're down our end now, I forgot they change ends!.... How I laughed..
But the look on their faces when we win or score is priceless.

COYS

I have 2 sons and 1 daughter, The eldest doesn't like football but will always say he is a Spurs fan to anyone that asks ( the kids he teaches at school ect) The youngest is a Yid through and through..
But I took both boys ( who are now men ) to see a Euro game years back and the eldest who proclaims he doesn't like football was out of his seat chanting, cheering ect louder than anyone else in there.
At half time he got out of his seat at the restart and shouted " Shit ,they're down our end now, I forgot they change ends!.... How I laughed..
But the look on their faces when we win or score is priceless.

COYS
Yeh , wonderful , when I first got them into Spurs , I thought I might get a call from the NSPCC ! But so glad I did . Nothing better to wallow in happy Spurs times with those dearest to you . Makes it so much more enjoyable .

We finish the weekend and programme of PL first games in top position by virtue of our +3 goal difference

It's so different to last season. 3 awful wins somehow put us top. We were garbage in 2 of them and, let's be real, did a perfect snatch and grab against City. Some fans got carried away and ignored all (many) warning signs.

Now there's this. A complete performance. Controlled the game for at least 90% of the match. The only blemish was a fluke goal against.

As ever, the Spurs hating media are trying to avoid it. They want to praise Arse despite the the fact they only played well for about 20 minutes and have a coach who talks fucking nonsense. They want to try and make out like Manure are anything other than a wealthy, upper-mid-table club.
What is interesting so far is Liverpool haven't been somehow praised despite snatching a draw at a team everyone thinks will go down.

If I have to keep listening to that utter cockwomble Abonglahor mugging Spurs off, I'm gonna get Richard Keys and his hairy hands and go and find the brummy ***t.

Back
Top Bottom