Tottenham Hotspur v. Newcastle (9/2/13)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know if it's just me making shit up, but is the whole one touch passing and trying clever little flicks thing that Holtby immediately brought to the table starting to rub of? People seemed a little more willing to try something different today on a few occasions, play seemed faster to me anyway

What shit am i making up ? I thought Holtby wasn't very good today.

What shit am i making up ? I thought Holtby wasn't very good today.

Wasn't saying you were making shit up, but that I might have been over imagining the impact that Holtby has had on the tempo/one touch/flicks... as in it seems to me after watching todays game that lots of the players seemed to be responding to how he plays and upping their game

I don't know if it's just me making shit up, but is the whole one touch passing and trying clever little flicks thing that Holtby immediately brought to the table starting to rub of? People seemed a little more willing to try something different today on a few occasions, play seemed faster to me anyway

Play was slower today. Maybe cos we had no one to holdthe ball up and give it. Some moves were super smart but no end move. Until erm what what's that young lad had the ball.

Wasn't saying you were making shit up, but that I might have been over imagining the impact that Holtby has had on the tempo/one touch/flicks... as in it seems to me after watching todays game that lots of the players seemed to be responding to how he plays and upping their game

Holtby in the CAM role needs to get his shots from that close on target.......Him and Dempsey were a horrow show today w/ their efforts. Bale def to the resuce

I think bale is different. I take your point over a given season certain players shine. But no one bar him and Dempsey have scored for us his year. Don't quote me on that.

We could win the Europa....well I would have hoped to. It's till possible but we have no striker. Bale and Defoe may make it happen. We could have the best defence.

Walker....kaboul.....daws.....jan..

If avb sees it

Put simply, no. Vertonghen is not a Left back and Dawson won't always be the preferred choice for some games.

He's not a great left back. He gets exposed by speed and was caught out several times. He's a much better center back. Will fit well next to Eunice if he ever is fit.

Naughton and ekotto get caught by speed. It's a hazard of the job being a full back and will happen. But for ability and calmness he is the man. And he's no slouch either.

For me it's getting your best players to play on the pitch and when kaboom is back he should be lb. IMO of course.

Jan is a great lb!

Did you not watch the games when he was?

He got caught out numerous times, he had one good game as our left back and that was at OT. His main decent appearances for us have been at the middle, he is strong, big, and he get's back to make those all important interceptions, not playing him in the centre would be a crime.

But 3 into 2 doesn't go. Jan is a better footballer than ekotto or Naughton and can play lb.

Simples.

Yes but he isn't a better left back than Ekotto. And Vertonghen is also best used as a centre back, and happiest when playing as a centre back, he has even said so in the press.

Bale is a better Footballer than Ekotto, he can play left back, should we play him there?

I think he is better than ekotto at lb.

You are right that he has said he prefers to play in the middle but he gets paid a lot to do a job of work.

I wouldn't want to drop Dawson or Kaboul for Jan so how do you get him in the team? Play him at lb

I think he is better than ekotto at lb.

You are right that he has said he prefers to play in the middle but he gets paid a lot to do a job of work.

I wouldn't want to drop Dawson or Kaboul for Jan so how do you get him in the team? Play him at lb

The trouble is Dawson doesn't play well on the left side of central defence, and neither does Kaboul, so your'e essentially going to be playing two of our defenders out of position.

So aside from having a very poorly organised defence, your going to have a two unhappy players highly paid or not, no one likes doing a job they weren't hired to do.

Back
Top Bottom