Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They’re fucking shit and if we don’t turn this around then I guess we don’t deserve to be called challengers after all

The goal was well taken, but Jan and Lloris hardly covered themselves in glory.

Big second half, no excuses.

They are not a good side
you're dead right they are not great, just Neville telling us they are. COYS

I think it's the wrong sub from Poch(as usual) to bring on Lamela, should've brought in Sanchez and play 3 at the break or Foyth to play as defensive mid

Teddy Sheringham looking like an absolute rude boy!!

The game, Sissoko going off is huge. Winks has been a bit more like I'd like him to be, Dele too many flicks etc not enough punch, we just have to stay composed and be wary of the counter.

Trippier poor for the goal, Hugo once again gets a weak hand to it, keep your chins up boys and girls, still 45 to go

Really fucking sloppy by Trippier. But that wasn't the first warning we'd had. We'd been lazy without the ball all half.

I think it made much more sense to put Skipp on and help us compete in that midfield area. Help us control the ball and give us some tenacity in that midfield.

I thought we gradually improved as that half wore on, but that counter threat was always there, and now we have to chase we need to be really fucking careful. Got to press better.

They’re fucking shit and if we don’t turn this around then I guess we don’t deserve to be called challengers after all

The goal was well taken, but Jan and Lloris hardly covered themselves in glory.

Big second half, no excuses.

They are not a good side
I agree. Vertonghen didn't even attempt to tackle and Lloris took forever to get down.

In an attacking sense we need to create though....we've had opportunities in which we were a pass away from having a good scoring opportunity but we complicated things. Eriksen needs get on the ball more from a deeper position and I think we will be ok.

Looks like 4231 in the second half.

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Winks - Eriksen
Lamela - Dele - Son
Kane​

And they're winning.

That doesn’t mean they have pressed us, destroyed our central midfield and reduced us to counter attacking though does it.

They have gone long and it finally paid off.

Doesn’t change the entire pattern of the match because they scored.
We’re the better team, and if we want to be counted, we need to show some bollocks.

Sissoko goes off and minutes later... .

First goal we've conceeded to them in the league since 2017 but the Commentator on 5 live goes for the "soft underbelly" & "lads it's Tottenham" lines 30 seconds after they score. Fuck you mate.

I would be getting Rose or Foyth on in DM or changing up the formation to give Winks a bit of help otherwise pogba is gonna run riot.

Were going to need a pretty big turn around second half.

Worried that Pogba will outmuscle Winks easily and our defence looks slow.

On the plus side we’ll creat chances against that Utd defence.

Not sure I want to see Lloris as captain again next season. Gazzaniga a sharper goalie who will get back and has better natural attributes for the position. Feel like Lloris is starting to fade a touch

Back
Top Bottom