Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I keep telling everyone, he is going to come good. He has too much talent not too. Once he gets more consistent in his defending he will be much better. He Is dangerous going forward.
Noticed it in the Barcelona friendly, but Porro has under-rated recovery speed.

Above-average explosiveness, but he is very rapid after the initial 5 yards/metres. Very useful when playing a high defensive line.

I imagine Ange will be unhappy with a couple of things. Seemed like we backed off the press in their half a lot. Maybe that’s by design?

And a couple times in the last 10 minutes when the ball went to Vicario, everyone was walking instead of running up the field - I’m sure later in the season when the season is clicking, we won’t see us slow it down like that.

All in all, a decent half with a couple things to clean up and some end product needed.

Our attacks have been far too slow, Kulu is getting in good positions and then taking the wrong option every time. Richy has been a spectator most of the half. Biss and Starr have been good and the full backs are good in their half. Need to get Maddison more involved as i think he could be the key to winning

Mixed half. Some good, some bad. Royal is much better with the defensive and midfield stuff than Porro.

Would love to see us bring in a proper 6 and have Bissouma playing as the 8.

People keep saying at Celtic Ange didn’t have a hold up guy, but we are crying out for a hold up guy up there.

Son and Kulusevski just aren’t good enough at receiving the ball and holding the ball under pressure, for a team that wants to dominate possession.

Pretty good first half, started slow but we grew into the game. The midfield has been the best part of the half for me.

We've had good chances. I actually thought Son and Deki did ok when it came to taking players on but they aren't giving Richarlison service.

We can win this.

Back
Top Bottom