Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

United have really spent 60m on Mount and we spent 72m combined on Maddison, Bissouma, and Sarr.
Mount is their Winks. Stealing a wage in the upper echelons of the PL, somehow miraculously capped, but really best left in the Championship or some other crap league… like the Bundesliga.

:kanegoal:

The second half was a joy to watch . Haven’t enjoyed a game so much for a very long time .

If Ange gets a couple of players in , who he really wants , just think where we could be in a few months time .

Its lovely to watch players like Bissouma , Maddison , Udogie and Sarr strutting their stuff , not forgetting Bentancur when he returns .

Just happy to be watching Spurs play proper football again , it’s been a long time coming .

COYS

Our signings have done well but we need 2 more forwards and a defender, the midfield is sorted... But the most exciting signing for me is the manager, I wanted De Zerbi I ain't gonna lie, but I'm all over Ange now... This is the most excited I've been about a season in 20 years... Ange is perfect, now the club have to back him

Animated GIF

The second half was a joy to watch . Haven’t enjoyed a game so much for a very long time .

If Ange gets a couple of players in , who he really wants , just think where we could be in a few months time .

Its lovely to watch players like Bissouma , Maddison , Udogie and Sarr strutting their stuff , not forgetting Bentancur when he returns .

Just happy to be watching Spurs play proper football again , it’s been a long time coming .

COYS

Some lovely link up down that left side in the 2nd half. Have to love how confident the young players like Udogie and Sarr look.

Second half was much better but this isn't close to how good you'll be when you get real fluency. And once you get proper left and right wingers who can beat players on the outside. Son and Kulesevski don't stretch teams and they play the easy ball inside (especially Son) too often - which means the midfield remains congested and the inverted full backs can't find the space which the wide players are meant to provide. Yes. I'm a Celtic supporter but am not going to bang on tediously about my special Ange insights. Just interested to see how he translates his methods to the EPL. Spoiler alert. More of the same I guess! Have fun.

As an aside. Man U look further away from the title than ever. No balance in midfield. And Mount? A luxury player in a well oiled machine at best. But Man U are far from that. McTominay will be back next week. Plus ca change...

Roy Keane

"They're a good team, they fancy it when their home fans are in front of them, they've got that support and energy.

"United go away today...weak, no leadership, gave bad goals away. It's easy to play against Man United. Man Utd are the new Spurs."

So who are we🤓🤓🤓🤓🤔🤔🤔

Back
Top Bottom