Tottenham Hotspur v. Man. U. (Home), 20 Jan 2013 16:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

carlitobrigante.jpg

Anything less than a convincing win and I want AVB to be horse whipped on the Tottenham high road

Was going to write this when the game finished when it was 1-0

So proud of the boys today. I expected to lose against Utd, I always do. I expected to put in a plucky performance but then get undone by a combination of our own suicidal tendencies and dubious refereeing.

Instead we lose today having played the great champions elect Utd off the park. With them scoring from their only meaningful chance. Having been cynical dirty fucks all game, as they always are when its not going their way. Having played against Chris Foy as well as 11 men. In a blizzard. Without Sandro, without Adebayor, without Vertonghen...

I am really proud that for once we went at them on an equal footing and got the better of them (if not in scoreline). This was not a plucky performance from an underdog, it was a solid, quality performance from a team that more and more looks the real deal.

The ridiculous thing is, also, that whenever I see us play this season it is clear that we are no where near 100% of what this team is shaping up to be.

Imagine what will happen when we finally nail our final third play?!

Really chuffed today, even in the face of defeat.

Then the Deuce played his part

And I wonder if that was a real watershed in our season. We did not give up. If a team was going to score it was only going to be us. We lacked finese in the final third all day but through sheer force of will got the ball across the line. That looked to me like the performance we will look back in time as the moment we turned from being best of the rest to genuine top table team.

Its a fucking draw, but Im giddy right now.

Giddy that we just played them off the park while being far from our best.

Giddy at what might be if we can keep ourselves on this trajectory.

Seriously, quality play in the final third and the skies the limit!

Had my Spurs hating gooner nephew over for the day. He got abuse after their defeat, but thought he would hang around to watch Man Utd "fucking murder" us.

He had a great laugh when I said we were playing well and dominating them and I was asked "What's the fucking score then?". Needless to say I asked him the same question as he stormed out...Fucking priceless...

Thank you Clint Dempsey
I have never been much of a fan, and despite the rest of the game - I will never ever forget you for what you did today, which was to add a modicum of reality to todays score.

Aaron Lennon - an inspiration to all Tottenham players and fans. You were awesome today.

That follow up on MOTD was atrocious.

All about United and their 'penalty'. Fuck all about how we dominated the game or about the fact that United finally had a decision go against them.

Clearly the BBC scared of red nose boycotting them again.

I'd just like to take a moment to point out the irony in this post from a few weeks ago...

I fucking detest his posts, his faux spurs gung ho bollocks and his puerile observations on the game.

He totally shit on glory glory as message board, and its only because now more and more posters are telling him what a cunt he is, that he has come to this site to fuck it up. Trust me, if he comes here permanently, it will be the internet equivalent of getting AIDS.

ON GG he was equated to an open sewer, he shits on every thread, posting thousands of posts a month poncing his meaningless and fatuous opinions on everything and everyone - displaying his ignorance on all levels.

:avbshock:

Back
Top Bottom