Tottenham Hotspur v. Man. U. (Home), 20 Jan 2013 16:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

660x0.jpg

Bit of cut and paste from the Grauniad

1962-63 was a season of totally ludicrous scorelines for Tottenham. From the 5-1 victory over Ipswich in the Charity Shield that got things under way in August, to the 5-1 victory over Atlético Madrid that won the Cup-Winners' Cup in May, the whole season was one long goal bonanza. They beat West Ham United 6-1, Nottingham Forest 9-2, and played Liverpool home and away in four days over the Easter weekend and won 5-2 and 7-2. They played 51 times in all competitions and anyone who saw all those games will have witnessed 215 goals at 4.2 goals a game, and seen their team finish second in the league. Along the way they also did the double over Manchester United, winning 6-2 at home and a disappointingly sane 2-0 away. Since then Spurs have achieved the double twice, in 1973-74 and 1989-90, when as an added bonus they also knocked United out of the League Cup. In the same period United have done it to them 14 times, 10 of those since 1990. This is the first time since that year that Spurs have won their first meeting away from home, setting themselves up for a double-completing game at White Hart Lane.

That is a lot of fucking goals.

My Team

Lloris

Walker (Richards if we had him) Dawson Vert Naughton (Benny not match fit yet)

Bale Dembele Parker Lennon (Still need that creative midfielder)

Dempsey Defoe

And how do you expect to fit both of them into the side? Redicilous is rather we kept Ade and Dempsey than create ourselves a problem like that.

....how do I add smileys when using an iPod? ...just in case someone doesn't get it

They missed such a trick in having White/Navy home kit, and Navy/white away... We'd have avoided the shambles that was the grey/black abomination for the NLD too... Don't even get me started on that one!!!

Back
Top Bottom