Tottenham Hotspur v. Man. U. (Home), 20 Jan 2013 16:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know Sandro is fantastic, but so was Parker at the beginning of last season. I think people don't remember just how awesome he was for us because he was run into the ground.

This ^

Parker is a good footballer, he also reads the game very well. Will be quite happy with him in for Sandro on sunday if needs be.

More disappointed for Sandro than anything, hope he's okay!​
I'm sure Parker can step up to the plate, if this is long term I wonder would we go for Holtby now​

I'm more worried about Defoe and Dempsey not being able to get hold of the ball than Sandro being out.

If there is one person you can rely on to not let you down. Its Scott Parker.

We can only hope that Bale leaves Rio for dead again.
BAp7NcdCIAECoOq.jpg
That is absolutely brilliant

I think it speaks volumes about the strength of our midfield that we're talking about how last years player of the season can "do a job" in the absence of a first teamer. Let's not forget how brilliant Parker was last year.

The side feels less mistake prone with Parker holding. And we get a good start towards the opponents goal with a healthy Scott to feed it to an open spot. United is very vulnerable as they try to win without a solid D. We will have our chances. A neutral has got to love the way this game sets up. Man City have got to be excited about the prospects of moving closer.

This has become one of those games, that we won't win, but at least we'll try and play it in the right way. It is the continued absence of Kaboul, more than any other which has upset the balance of the back line, especially when they have a rapist up front who is 'on fire' (unfortunately only metaphorically speaking) currently.

As much as we may nick a goal or two, they will press and it will take a monumental effort to get anywhere close to keeping a clean sheet.

Which is a shame, because I like the idea of doing the double over them in my lifetime, even if it will only happen once. :klinsmann:

I'm taking the same line that I did when I went to Old Trafford in September. We never win, it's three points dropped, anything else will be a bonus. Lets worry about the next game.

Based on that premise I was pleasently surprised. :dawson:

Back
Top Bottom