Tottenham Hotspur v. Man. U. (Home), 20 Jan 2013 16:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB hasn't rushed players back in before but you are right, Naughton has done well I think but he isnt a left back really. I know BAE has had one game but he will still be rusty. Then again I would imagine if there is anyone who wouldn't worry about that it would be Benny.

I think as usual, the problem with only Defoe up front (unless Dempsey gets hold of it) will be us keeping the ball - United battered us 2nd half at home, we couldn't get the ball and whenever we did we lost it again pretty quick.

That said, counter attacking is our game at the mo....

Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Vertonghen, BAE, Sandro/Parker, Dembele, Lennon, Dempsey, Bale and Defoe.

I personally think that's the strongest team we can put out there. I'd love to do the double over United.

2-1 Spurs

Personally, I'd drop Defoe for this game. We can't afford to play someone who is prone to disappear for periods and not help us maintain possession. Would rather have Dempsey or Adebayor start up front. Benny has to play at left-back, we need the creativity and added "dimension" and Vertonghen needs to be played at CB- he's the sort of guy that might be able to restrain RvP.

Personally, I'd drop Defoe for this game. We can't afford to play someone who is prone to disappear for periods and not help us maintain possession. Would rather have Dempsey or Adebayor start up front. Benny has to play at left-back, we need the creativity and added "dimension" and Vertonghen needs to be played at CB- he's the sort of guy that might be able to restrain RvP.
Ade has gone to the Africa nations cup already, our only real striker is JD atm.

Rather have Obika start at the moment than Ade.
Middle of the midfield is gonna be key again for this match just hope Sandro is fit.

Is anyone else thinking, we can grab it here, we did it at Old Trafford, we can do it at home..?

We'll probably lose 1-4

tumblr_lv0rlbdViY1r3ovdbo1_500.gif

I'm with you this season. Haven't missed a home game v them since I first went in 02. Can't face it anymore.

We'll certainly win now. Though it did take me leaving the country to beat them at Old Trafford, and crashing my car for us to win at Woolwich, so not sure just not going will be enough. The footballing gods demand greater sacrifice. Anyone have any small children they're no longer in need of?

I'm with you this season. Haven't missed a home game v them since I first went in 02. Can't face it anymore.

We'll certainly win now. Though it did take me leaving the country to beat them at Old Trafford, and crashing my car for us to win at Woolwich, so not sure just not going will be enough. The footballing gods demand greater sacrifice. Anyone have any small children they're no longer in need of?
I'll be there this Sunday, can't see us winning but stranger things have happened

Back
Top Bottom