****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters

We all know that the general standard of punditry has been deteriorating ever since the likes of Hansen and Venables et al left the room .

I’m glad that the broadcasters have decided to address this frankly embarrassing state of affairs

I’m hoping these two will be replacing the vacuousity of Micah and Mers ( and the rest of those clowns ) in the VERY near future.

It’s also refreshing to see a pleasant and well-informed female
panellist , who can speak so knowledgeably and with just the right amount of gravitas to educate and inform ; thereby in the parlance of the big broadcasters :
« delivering the avocados « .

I can see this pair getting MOTD ( and the next big Royal évent - barring a Lazarene return by Huw Edwards ) .

Before getting poached by the likes of NBC or Al-Jazeera for stupid money , no doubt .

( If you don’t believe me : just watch the vid )

Also : who is the presenter on this audition tape ? I can’t place the voice …. Danny Dyer , one of the Dimbleby brothers perhaps ???

Help me out if you recognised it .

Good Luck to them both I say.

Last edited:
The penny dropping that we’re only turning up for bants

View: https://x.com/skysportspl/status/1789713874821746810?s=46

Well there were plenty of cheers from us outside the ground when City scored their goals yesterday...

No difference here! If City win their next 2 games, the Arse can't win the title...

I'll be inwardly cheering every goal City score in their remaining games... (Unless it's an ironic last minute consolation to make it 6-1 to us!!!!)

Btw, are the Arse fans giving West Ham as much grief for suggesting they might be throwing THEIR game against City on Sunday??
'cos they're in a similar position to us... (Except they fucking seem to LOVE Woolwich these days, so will probably do everything they can to help their new little Anti Spurs football fwiends)

Fear the worst.....? Nah... No thanks.

Copenhagen
Galatasaray
PSV
Lens
Sevilla
Braga
Napoli
Union Berlin
Benfica
RB Salzburg
Feyernoord
Celtic
Newcastle
Man United (current shitshow version)
Young Boys
Belgrade
Shaktar
Antwerp

......All these clubs are somehow better placed than us to have a crack at the CL?

Nah.

Would you be saying "I'd rather have Europa" if we did finish 4th or if England got the extra CL slot via 5th?

Nah; not buying that.........

Btw, no Europa drop down next season.
No Europa drop down makes it worse. Some demoralizing defeats then go home. There are a lot of teams on your list that will just get humped by City, Madrid etc. I would rather play some competitive games with a realistic chance of a run in the competition.

Blue Moon you saw me standing alone
Please sing this if/when we're losing near the final whistle.

I Hope Please GIF

To clinch 4th and deny the Arse the title... we need ALL of these things to happen:

Liverpool AND Palace to beat Villa...

Everton to beat the Arse AWAY...

We beat both Man City AND Sheffield Utd...

And Man City beat West Ham by a landslide on Sunday...

Right you are then.

I'll take my chances that all of those things WON'T happen simultaneously... (Except City winning on the final day!)

Even if they do, they'll take at least the point they need at home to Palace on Sunday!
I can see Villa losing both games or draw 1 and lose 1. We win both games and get 4th and Woolwich draw to a last minute penalty against Everton and city beat West Ham with a 109th minute own goal.

How’s that for perfection for you?

We need to lose the game. The only problem is if Villa lose tomorrow.
I haven't really thought much about his, as we so clearly have fucked our season. But...

Villa lose, and we win. Villa go on to lose to Palace and we win against Sheffield. THEN Goons lose to Brighton at home.

We could get CL while also seeing them lose the league...

Looking at it a bit more closely, there's a few ways even draws could come into play... this isn't over by a long shot. Obviously, the most likely outcome is we get 5th and City win the league, but the possibilities are intruiging.

Back
Top Bottom