Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love you all. That’s all I have to say.
F19-CB547-6-E50-468-E-8410-68-DFC3-B4-B5-E4.gif

Really? Is this a trap

Not our best performance but loved the fight and grit that our boys showed. MOTM between Tiddly and Gio, IMO, and a shout out to Hugo for showing more passion in that game than I have seen in the whole of his time with us.
Steven took his goal brilliantly, hope it was only cramp and he'll be ok for Wednesday. Sonny was poor, but took his goal well. Dele seemed to be carrying an injury, still think he could do a job for us at centre forward, as we are crying out for a target man.
But all in all, a good day at the office. You can spout all the stats you want, but the table will only show a win for us, plus three points, two goals for and none against!
I think it is really great performance, maybe we didn't go full rampage like we used to back in Poch's days vs City, but it was some great game management, great defensive work and good transition to attack. We worked as a team, I can't really say anything that could have been done better.

Lucky socks, lucky shirt, lucky scarf, lucky hat, lucky rosette, lucky pants and lucky coat, lucky face mask and lucky hand sanitiser gel. I'm really going for it today.

...and that's just so I don't get the Coronavirus.

Well - the excess of lucky kit seemed to do the trick. I only saw 2 face masks today, but South Korea's in danger of taking over White Hart Lane. My God, there were millions of them. Where we sat we were surrounded - and the girls screamed every time Sonny got the ball - it was hilarious.

Just got home and haven't read the thread yet, but I dare say everyone's agreed that playing the Mourhino way proved to be lucky for us. Can't say I enjoyed the first half at all, but as soon as they went down to ten men things started to change.

Bergwijn was what I hoped he'd be (did he come off due to cramp?).

Dele got well crocked early on and it affected him throughout, until he was subbed.

Giovani was excellent again, as was Lucas. And not forgetting Hugo, of course!

Fuck VAR - can't wait to see it on MOTD - I was at the other end. Was it a pen?

Glory Glory Hallelujah!

My man city boss shite via whats app

'City had 70% possession, 15 shots with 4 on target. Spurs had 2 shots and 2 goals. City had 630 passes to 287, with pass accuracy 88% to their 72% 5 corners to their 2 and we list 2-0? That was their first shot on target. Words fail me!!!'

My reply

' Shame football is decided on goals'

Get to fuck in

Back
Top Bottom