Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We just won a massive game and you’re busy spamming this beautiful thread with petty feuds. As I said - grow up
tumblr_pgjmwpbnR81qg3jwvo1_400.gifv

How the pundits can be defending the decision to not send Sterling off is baffling......

Every time I've seen a challenge like that it's been a straight red.......if Aurier makes that challenge on Aguero he's off..... Absolutely no doubt......

According to gooner TV Sky, Spurs were 'lucky'. They failed to declare Sterling was lucky to be on the pitch.
Mourinho addressed this post-match.

But great job Tottenham players, having hostile refs and Sky and rising to overcome everything. Great result!
I don't believe I'm saying this but Mike Dean did a good job this one time.

He didn't give the penalty, the VAR referee did. More importantly he didn't give that second penalty which surprised me a lot.
He could have given a red card to Sterling, that's true, but the VAR referee didn't either.

Was he flawless? NO. Did he look biased and unreasonable? Also no.

(Still not a fan of him though)

loved the result, but it's hard to be smug when you are up against 10 men, who still go at you like a dog to a rat.

yep - their budget is big, and yes their confidence is stellar because of their skillset

but we need our team to be given that "fuck you" confidence to go out and show the skills that GLC, N'Dombele, Bergweijn, Winks, Moura, Lamela possess.

Their players do it because they are told to believe......so should ours

The first half was dogged determination and a bit cringeworthy to watch as a spurs fan
We do not have the defenders to play up from the back. Hence need to play it long. Plus city is just better with the ball

I don't believe I'm saying this but Mike Dean did a good job this one time.

He didn't give the penalty, the VAR referee did. More importantly he didn't give that second penalty which surprised me a lot.
He could have given a red card to Sterling, that's true, but the VAR referee didn't either.

Was he flawless? NO. Did he look biased and unreasonable? Also no.

(Still not a fan of him though)
I would like to see a ref use the pitch side monitor and make his own mind up regarding decisions

When Jose gets top 4 with us it will be seen as a better achievement then getting second with united , considering some of us feared relegation before he come in! Give him time to build his own team and we will win trophies, starting with the CL this year! If you want to save a bit of cash book your flights now!

Back
Top Bottom