Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know I'm posting the obvious. A massive game, a game that will allow us to reflect on where we are and I must add, where we are going. For me......It's such a big game, pivotal to our season. It will ask and also answer questions of AVB and the players. A must win for me. COYS............

I'll stay supporting Spurs, though thank you very much for your advice, as I've done for over 50 years.

I would love to go back to the days when I started supporting us when we were the moneybags of football, and winning trophies and playing great football, just like City are doing now.
Did we sell our soul when we kept breaking transfer records and paying huge fees to get in Jones Blanchflower Greaves Mackay & Co.

Our great team was built on expensive imports. And we carried on relying on buying expensive players, until the time came when we couldn't compete at the most expensive level anymore.
it wasn't advice - it was my opinion. I'm aware of your longevity as a supporter, and it wasn't a "fuck off and support someone else comment"
Unless I am mistaken we were the moneybags then, for the same reason we are now, prudent management, good buys in the transfer market and a board that put its money where its heart and mouth is/was. Nobody gifted the club its money then, or now.
The difference is we have what we earned, nobody spunked obscene amounts on the club to advertise their airline, off the back of petrol sales. Our growth or development is organic not gifted by an obscenely rich benefactor using the club as a tool rather than as a passion.

The players have responded well since the Man City embarrassment and could use that confidence today.

Win this and we will be super confident for the rest of the Christmas period.

I just hope AVB goes for the win as when pushed their defence is poor. Every team fears Suarez and play a more defensive game but when they come up against a team who attack them, their defence crumbles..

I'm going for. 3-2 to the football connoisseurs.

The players have responded well since the Man City embarrassment and could use that confidence today.

Win this and we will be super confident for the rest of the Christmas period.

I just hope AVB goes for the win as when pushed their defence is poor. Every team fears Suarez and play a more defensive game but when they come up against a team who attack them, their defence crumbles..

I'm going for. 3-2 to the football connoisseurs.

cant imagine avb will play defensive...
i just hope we set up to play with only sandro as a CDM with holtby and paulinho further forward..soldado needs to start with townsend on the left, lennon on the right..
dembele and defoe to come on as subs...eriksen if needed...
hoping rose starts to, but given he was subed of at haltime midweek not overly confident

definitely fucking bozza and co, they are appalling ey?

bosnich is a wig wearing coke addict whose greatest claim to fame is "im in the only player fergie ever signed twice". slater's alrite plus he won the prem with blackburn...
the other blokes a joker...
if i hear the match day commentators mention we bought 100 million pounds worth of players again im going to scream..
hope we beat the scouser cunts, i fucking hate liverpool

.....................................Lloris

Walker...........Dawson............Vertonghen...............Rose/Naughton

....................................Sandro

Lennon...........Dembele............Paulinho.................Chadli

................................Soldado

.....................................Lloris

Walker...........Dawson............Vertonghen...............Rose/Naughton

....................................Sandro

Lennon...........Dembele............Paulinho.................Chadli

................................Soldado

vertonghen is injured. wont be back before xmas

bosnich is a wig wearing coke addict whose greatest claim to fame is "im in the only player fergie ever signed twice". slater's alrite plus he won the prem with blackburn...
the other blokes a joker...
if i hear the match day commentators mention we bought 100 million pounds worth of players again im going to scream..
hope we beat the scouser cunts, i fucking hate liverpool

We have pretty poor pundits. I think that they can't get over the fact it takes time for players to settle

cant imagine avb will play defensive...
i just hope we set up to play with only sandro as a CDM with holtby and paulinho further forward..soldado needs to start with townsend on the left, lennon on the right..
dembele and defoe to come on as subs...eriksen if needed...
hoping rose starts to, but given he was subed of at haltime midweek not overly confident

That looks pretty much spot on. I'd be more than happy with that..

Now off , bit of Brekkie first, followed by a fair number of the liquid gold. Then off to cheer the greatest club side in the world.
Been going for a fair few years now but still get excited on match days..

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom