Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

------------------Lloris
Walker-Capoue-Chiriches-Rose
---Paulinho-Holtby-Dembele
----Lennon-Soldado-Lamela

This would de nicely for me, but AVB know best.
:avbdamn::freundgoal:

No place for Sandro?

Myself, i'd go for;

------------------------Lloris------------------------
Walker-----Chiriches-------Dawson-----Rose
-----------------------Sandro----------------------
Lennon------Dembele-------Paulinho-----Townsend
-----------------------Soldado---------------------

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Chadli, Holtby, Capoue, Lamela, Defoe

Crazy that I can't find a place for Eriksen, Siggurdson, Adebayor, Naughton!!

Last edited:
It's great that City put 6 past Woolwich, but I think we gave away any chance of catching them when we lost at home to Toon.

I'll just be delighted if they end up potless again. With any luck we'll knock them out of the Cup, and they'll be out of Europe and off top spot by March :thumbup::thumbup:

And for all those people who say they don't want billionaire benefactors as owners. Fair play to you, but once again I say I wish we had one. How great must it be to be a City fan these days, winning trophies again, particularly pipping United for the title, and now playing football from heaven. All because of money, the power of cash personified.
No - what they are doing is no better than paying a prostitute and boasting that you pulled.
That isn't Man City anymore, just a shell painted in the same colours, and the fans are too consumed by years of shit to care.
If you want success at the cost of principle, simply start supporting Barcelona or Real Madrid. Sell your soul.

Hilarious they describe us as deluded, comedy gold.

Liverpool Football Club who every week have a memorial or a celebration or laying a wreath at Anfield either some manager who has been dead 20 years or 15th anniversary of John Aldridge leaving the club, they are the most deluded fan base in world football, believing they are the only team that matters still gutted united tore everything they had to shreds and are solely relying on a very talented cheating scumbag to get them any success,

You'll Never Win Again you hub cap thieving pompous twats

No place for Sandro?

Myself, i'd go for;

Crazy that I can't find a place for Chadli, Eriksen, Siggurdson, Adebayor, Naughton!!
good team, but isn't Vlad injured?
With their M/F I would be tempted to start Eriksen over Dembele - or put him on the bench as an option at least

good team, but isn't Vlad injured?
With their M/F I would be tempted to start Eriksen over Dembele - or put him on the bench as an option at least

I think he has been made available through the use of that new blood spinning technique that AVB has brought to us. He was quoted in the press and (I think) on our official facebook/twitter as saying he should be fit. Whether or not he starts is another matter though.

And Im inclined to agree with you about Eriksen, but I thought he wasn't match fit? I know he got minutes against Anzhi, but is he "Properly" back now. I would put him on the bench instead of Chadli if so.

You stop Suarez and you stop Liverpool, without Sturridge and Gerrard they don't really pose much of a goal threat barring Suarez (cue Joe Allen hat-trick) this is probably as weak an Liverpool side as we are likely to see all season, also the main reason why I think we will finish above them, three injuries and they're side looks bang average outside of the awfully lamentable talented striker. Worth noting Walker had a bit of a nightmare against Coutinho in their last meeting, hope he's gonna set that straight tomorrow. Want Sandro and Dembele all over Suarez, would even go as far as man marking him, he's the only outlet, obviously get too close and he will propel himself screaming but iv'e seen a few refs this year ignore 90% of his nonsense and not give anything. Looking forward to tomorrow though, if anyone watched the Woolwich Liverpool game Liverpool were absolutely lost when Woolwich had them on the break, especially without Jose Enrique there, hope the pace of Lennon and Townsend fucks their application up tomorrow and Soldado adds to his tally so far, we're due a purple patch:avbnaa::coys:

No place for Sandro?

Myself, i'd go for;

Crazy that I can't find a place for Eriksen, Siggurdson, Adebayor, Naughton!!
Too defensive and plus we playing at home. It was a tough one but can't see Holtby getting dropped.
Need Holtby's creativity at home.

To be fair, the striker they've got is pretty good... but hopefully we can do something to stop him running riot!

I just hope we've got more than one goal in us... 'cos we may need it!!

Come the fuck on You Spurs... time to take advantage!!!!

Mignolet = Lloris - Mignolet the better shot stopper, Lloris superior at the sweeper keeper stuff.
Johnson > Walker - at his best Johnson is definitely better, so we'll have to hope the good Glen turns up Sunday.
Skrtel = Dawson - both decent, neither probably top four material but have started most games this season.
Sakho = Chiriches - both good defenders with great potential.
Flanagan < Rose - no argument here, but if Kelly is fit to start then he's an upgrade on Jon.
Lucas < Sandro - Sandro's been their best player in most Spurs games I've seen this season.
Allen < Dembele - two £15m men with different skillsets, Dembele has been the better buy but an in-form Allen is class.
Henderson = Paulinho - Hendo's decent, Paulinho's good but hasn't totally settled in to English football yet.
Sterling < Lennon - similar players with similar starts to their careers. Naturally the one at his peak is better at the moment.
Suarez >>> Soldado - as far as all the individual tussles go, this is the most convincing win of them all.
Coutinho > Chadli - admittedly I haven't seen much of Chadli but he hasn't looked as good as Phil when I have.

Here is a shorter and more accurate view:
Suarez > anyone in our team.
Spurs other 10 players > any of Liverpools remaining 10, possibly with the exception of Coutinho on his day.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Capoue, Chiriches, Rose, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Paulinho, Holtby, Soldado"][/formation]

I like this, but mainly because it gets all the players I think should play in. But it lacks width on the left (though I accept that Rose may provide more than we have seen for a while from LB) and I think we need that, whether we use Townsend, Chadli or Lamela there. A straight swap for Holtby is an option, but he's been so good lately that I wonder if we should move him central and take out Paulinho and bring Dembele forward. Either way, it's a nice problem for the manager to have: we have lots of players, lots of options and lots of talent. You look at the Liverpool squad and it's a lot clear who is going to play and their bench will not give a great many options to change the game.

As others have said, keep Suarez quiet and I don't think we will have much to worry about. But that isn't easy - he is a very good football player. I think limiting what he can do should be enough if we attack and we should I feel. I hope we lay right in to them when the game starts and get an early lead.
Everything considered, tomorrow is a must win game - 3 points. No less.

Liverpool Football Club who every week have a memorial or a celebration or laying a wreath at Anfield either some manager who has been dead 20 years or 15th anniversary of John Aldridge leaving the club, they are the most deluded fan base in world football, believing they are the only team that matters still gutted united tore everything they had to shreds and are solely relying on a very talented cheating scumbag to get them any success,

You'll Never Win Again you hub cap thieving pompous twats
I fucking hate Liverpool, self-rightious, victimising tarts :bmj:

No - what they are doing is no better than paying a prostitute and boasting that you pulled.
That isn't Man City anymore, just a shell painted in the same colours, and the fans are too consumed by years of shit to care.
If you want success at the cost of principle, simply start supporting Barcelona or Real Madrid. Sell your soul.
I'll stay supporting Spurs, though thank you very much for your advice, as I've done for over 50 years.

I would love to go back to the days when I started supporting us when we were the moneybags of football, and winning trophies and playing great football, just like City are doing now.
Did we sell our soul when we kept breaking transfer records and paying huge fees to get in Jones Blanchflower Greaves Mackay & Co.

Our great team was built on expensive imports. And we carried on relying on buying expensive players, until the time came when we couldn't compete at the most expensive level anymore.

I don't think Rose will play tomorrow, and I'm not sure we can risk playing two wingers. It'll be interesting to see if AVB goes for it, or takes a more defensive stance re the mid. I think Sandro Holtby Dembele and Paulinho should all play, but if we go for two wingers, which is a perfectly valid tactic, then one of the above has to miss out.

Tough call for AVB. It's a shame we don't have so many options in defence.

Back
Top Bottom