Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

off-topic:
just finished to watch Man.City-Woolwich 6-3! on net stream ,i want to say "the citizens" are really a sexy beast team on their home field,i envy them,really , a big monster team home! no mercy for their rivals (7-0 ,6-0,3-0 ,now 6-3 , etc their results home) and a sexy football they playing...where are the woolwich fans ??? they laughed on us after our 0-6 there,now they concede the same number - 6 ! :)

The classic situation where we absolutely need to take advantage now!

Whenever we've played AFTER the Arse, we're simply playing catch up with their walkover victories..... Now they've finally been put in their place by one of the bigger boys (as all good bullies should) we're in the odd position of really being able to make them pay twice for this defeat.... We really need to make the most of it!

For other blatantly obvious posts, please refer to my comments on the need to breathe to stay alive, and to put one foot in front of the other to achieve walking!

It's great that City put 6 past Woolwich, but I think we gave away any chance of catching them when we lost at home to Toon.

I'll just be delighted if they end up potless again. With any luck we'll knock them out of the Cup, and they'll be out of Europe and off top spot by March :thumbup::thumbup:

And for all those people who say they don't want billionaire benefactors as owners. Fair play to you, but once again I say I wish we had one. How great must it be to be a City fan these days, winning trophies again, particularly pipping United for the title, and now playing football from heaven. All because of money, the power of cash personified.

I'm ever the optimist. Looking at todays scores so far, and assuming Everton/the chavs win, its great to know we can still sneak into 4th place tomorrow. We only need to win by 9 clear goals. Pretty do-able, no?

It does unfortunately, as Daws has a tendency to bite a bit early due to his ability to win a majority of them because of his long legs. But a world class footballer will be around him, and he won't be able to catch up to compensate. I maintain however, that Daws' leadership will be of more compensated value in this match than any detriment from his lack of pace.

Surely you've confused the two ...

:dude:

I wanna be up there on the table but right now I think it takes a bit of pressure off AVB and the boys since we're in 6th. If we were higher I think all the press stuff would be far worse, or atleast the amount of pressure on the team. Just need to score more than 1 or 2 a game, like City do

Special_Protection.jpg

If anyone wants an opposition view then try this link; http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=310530.0

Some brief opinions;

Jumped up, Johhny-come-lately's....hope we smash them.

I dont know why but i detest the smarmy c*nts as well. Cant quite put my finger on why though. c*nts.

Lloris hasn't looked as assured since Spurs spunked 13M on him.
- In response to a poster saying he hasnt looked solid since his knock....

If West Ham can win there 3-0, managed by Fat Sam and fielding no recognised strikers then we should also be able to go there and win, and not only that - we shouldn't go there worrying about them. They should worry about us - we're in good form, have the best player in the league in his best form since arriving in the PL, an on song Coutinho , a squad of players willing to fight for each other and a street wise young manager that knows exactly what he's doing.

All I have to say is that Spurs fans are probably the most deluded of them all. Think they're some elite European team despite not winning anything notable of late and qualifying for the CL once in the last 10 years. Hope we smash em, haven't won there in a long time

Mignolet = Lloris - Mignolet the better shot stopper, Lloris superior at the sweeper keeper stuff.
Johnson > Walker - at his best Johnson is definitely better, so we'll have to hope the good Glen turns up Sunday.
Skrtel = Dawson - both decent, neither probably top four material but have started most games this season.
Sakho = Chiriches - both good defenders with great potential.
Flanagan < Rose - no argument here, but if Kelly is fit to start then he's an upgrade on Jon.
Lucas < Sandro - Sandro's been their best player in most Spurs games I've seen this season.
Allen < Dembele - two £15m men with different skillsets, Dembele has been the better buy but an in-form Allen is class.
Henderson = Paulinho - Hendo's decent, Paulinho's good but hasn't totally settled in to English football yet.
Sterling < Lennon - similar players with similar starts to their careers. Naturally the one at his peak is better at the moment.
Suarez >>> Soldado - as far as all the individual tussles go, this is the most convincing win of them all.
Coutinho > Chadli - admittedly I haven't seen much of Chadli but he hasn't looked as good as Phil when I have.

------------------Lloris
Walker-Capoue-Chiriches-Rose
---Paulinho-Holtby-Dembele
----Lennon-Soldado-Lamela

This would de nicely for me, but AVB know best.
:avbdamn::freundgoal:

Anyone else think Townsend and Lennon are going to tear them to pieces tomorrow? I think they'll both be on top of their game causing serious problems for Johnson and Flannogon.

Back
Top Bottom