Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I leave that to your research :) Actually awhile back I did some research on this, and our ppg increased significantly with the return of Daws, compared to the start of last season when AVB stupidly dropped Daws, doubtless to much cheering from many wrong-thinking Spurs fans,

The stats definitely indicate we are more successful with Daws in the team. Of course there can be other factors, but if Daws was as poor as many Spurs fans make him out to be, it's unlikely that we'd do so much better with him than without him.He's our captain and one of our first choice CBs for good reason, he's a major asset to the club.

I'm so pleased it will be him in defence and not, for example, Vlad and Cap v Pool. I like those two players, but not at the expense of Dawson.
I don't think you understand that people don't think that Daws is crap. He's juts not as good as Vlad and Jan and fully deserves to sit behind those two IMO. However, those that are suggesting Vlad and Capoue instead of Daws are crazy. Its one thing for Capoue to contain Altidore and Fletcher, but Suarez is 10x the player as those two. I'd be worried about how well he'd handle Suarez. If Vlad is hurt still then we may have no choice but to go Daws and Capoue anyways. I really don't want Kaboul out there. He was terrible against City and doesn't look like he has it anymore.

I don't think you understand that people don't think that Daws is crap. He's juts not as good as Vlad and Jan and fully deserves to sit behind those two IMO. However, those that are suggesting Vlad and Capoue instead of Daws are crazy. Its one thing for Capoue to contain Altidore and Fletcher, but Suarez is 10x the player as those two. I'd be worried about how well he'd handle Suarez. If Vlad is hurt still then we may have no choice but to go Daws and Capoue anyways. I really don't want Kaboul out there. He was terrible against City and doesn't look like he has it anymore.
Well I disagree. I don't think you understand that lots of Spurs fans do think he's crap, otherwise they wouldn't make the disparaging, belittling, disrespectful remarks they do about Daws. And as I've mentioned before I'm not necessarily talking about Spurs 'supporters' on here, I'm talking about Spursdom in general.

Also Daws doesn't sit behind Vlad and Jan, he stands in front of them, and deservedly so. They are not better than him, Dawson is our captain and one of our first choice CBs, as he has proved time and again this season and last.

If Vlad and Jan were both fit, I would still play Daws against Pool.

Last edited:
Tottenham's points tally from the opening 15 games of 27 has only been bettered once before in the Premier League era.

Tottenham have picked up a joint league best 16 points away from home this season. The three games they've failed to win were against Everton (draw against a side who are unbeaten at Goodison Park in the league in 2013), Woolwich and Manchester City.

A point (or three) against Liverpool on Sunday would mean that AVB has amassed 100 Premier League points faster than any manager in Tottenham's history.

For the record, Harry had 91 points after his first 54 games in charge of Spurs.

A point (or three) against Liverpool on Sunday would mean that AVB has amassed 100 Premier League points faster than any manager in Tottenham's history.

For the record, Harry had 91 points after his first 54 games in charge of Spurs.
I want all the moaning helmets on here to read this and nail on their little walls next time they complain about our manager

Sounds like a night out with @

drunk-bloke-o.gif

Last info: Vlad Chiriches said to romanian press that he will be ready on fit just in time to play against Liverpool,but he don't will play against Anzhi (Europa League)...and other news AVB statement to romanian press:" i have under observation another players from Steaua,but i don't say their names to not increase more their price" ,romanian press speculate that is about Alex Bourceanu,defensive midfielder (28 years old) actual captain of Steaua Bucharest , first team player of the national team (Romania),his contract expire soon (next summer) and could be free player for a possible transfer...(on a free transfer) ...status : press rumours,nothing yet signed... ;)

Last info: Vlad Chiriches said to romanian press that he will be ready on fit just in time to play against Liverpool,but he don't will play against Anzhi (Europa League)...and other news AVB statement to romanian press:" i have under observation another players from Steaua,but i don't say their names to not increase more their price" ,romanian press speculate that is about Alex Bourceanu,defensive midfielder (28 years old) actual captain of Steaua Bucharest , first team player of the national team (Romania),his contract expire soon (next summer) and could be free player for a possible transfer...(on a free transfer) ...status : press rumours,nothing yet signed... ;)

Thanks for that @ Dan D Dan D - personally don't think we need any more midfielders though! :)

Alex Bourceanu,defensive midfielder (28 years old) actual captain of Steaua Bucharest , first team player of the national team (Romania),his contract expire soon (next summer) and could be free player for a possible transfer...(on a free transfer) ...status : press rumours,nothing yet signed... ;)
@ Dan D Dan D is he any good?

Back
Top Bottom