Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Being zen about it... we have five points from Everton, Palace, and Liverpool.

That's at the very start of the season (where we usually start slowly), with the added disadvantage of missing Dembele throughout.

And we're clearly not quite done in the transfer window.

It's not ideal, but not too shabby either. The problem is really more on our general performance: but that can surely be attributed to the Dembele absence and Eriksen's 'underwhelming' performances.

Riding this bike too.

Really hoping we are not done in the transfer window, we need pace on our squad desperately.

Vorm: 9/10
Walker: 6/10
Dier: 8/10
Toby: 8/10
Verts: 7/10
Rose: 6/10
Waynama: 6/10
Alli: 4/10
Lamela: 4/10
Eriksen: 4/10
Kane: 5/10
Janssen: 7/10
Onomah: 6/10 for his cameo
Winks: LOL 2 seconds

Have to give our defenders good scores considering all the shit, Eriksen and Alli in particular comes guys get going.

As a team we look better with Janssen pressing their defenders. Dier is a wonderful footballer and Waynama would be really good if when he won the ball he didn't pass it straight back.
Totally agree. It's the Alli, Kane, Eriksen performances that are starting to concern me. All 3 have been shit so far and very little sign of shaking that.

An awful lot of hope is being pinned on Dembele's return being the missing link but it's worrying either way.

Totally agree. It's the Alli, Kane, Eriksen performances that are starting to concern me. All 3 have been shit so far and very little sign of shaking that.

An awful lot of hope is being pinned on Dembele's return being the missing link but it's worrying either way.

I keep saying it like a repeating clock but even last season I was saying the balance of the AM's isn't right, Eriksen Lamela and Alli all sort of do the same role even if they have different abilities.

With Janssen we have someone to play off, Kane a deep lying striker, need a speedster like Martial to get round the back then a passer to put it all together with our front 4. Alli.Lamela and Eriksen are all playing like the passer. To many cooks. Liverpool have a better attacking balance, we have a better defensive balance.

Looking at the their POV on RAWK, to see the flip side. Some melting, but mostly quite sensible posts...

RAWK said:
Quote from: lessthanmatt on Today at 02:51:53 PM
I'm so glad Klopp brought up the shitty corner decision... nobody on Sky seems to give a fuck... a foul in the box gets a warning and a retaken corner? In what fucking world?

The ball isn't in play before the corner is taken?

Generally whining about Lallana being onside, and arguing over whether Mignolet is shit or not

Lamela with a goal and an assist to his name but has been mediocre tbh - concerning.

Kane looks fatigued - highly concerning.

Alli has simply put been poor - worrying.

Eriksen has been mediocre too - worrying.

We need them to kick on and we'll back to our true form (I hope). That's why our 5 points in 9 is a sign of strength! So many are underachieving and we're still very hard to beat. We can thank our back 4 and Vorm for that.

well they won't be your 'm8s' for long...
not cool bro.
Joke or no joke, saying 'no one in London cares' about 96 other Human Beings dying, is the heartless, remorseless rebuke of a fucking serial killer! Have some fucking empathy... even if you hate the lot of them, that's not the way to express it!

Unless the 'Israel' bit of your username is merely ironic, I can only assume it's something more Zionist? In which case, you must be more than fully aware of the resentment and hatred directed towards our Jewish Brothers down the ages... don't lower yourself to that!
But Zionists have lowered themselves to that already.
Israel, anyone?

Desperately needing Dembele back. Wanyama and Dier together doesn't work.

You think our team need less pace? Wanyama is our fastest midfielder in our starting 11. At least Dembele is faster than Eriksen who should be dropped.

What is Dembele going to do that Wanyama or Dier can't do in a defensive position?

They defended brilliantly. Dier crossed for the goal. Wanyama won us 3 points

I can't believe be you are zooming in on the few positives we have had this season.

Dembele will defend great. Just like Dier and Wanyama did. There will be no change to results with a rusty Dembele replacing one of those.

If Dembele replaces Eriksen further forward, then we will see real change. Some stickabikity.

We will still be slow but more effortless dribbling in the final third is what we need. We will not only hold up the ball where it matters with Dembwle, but we will win way more balls there.

Who is around Dembele in this instance? Kane. Who has been starved? Kane.

Criticizing Wanyama and Dier? Thank fuck for them. We would have lost every game without them. Wanyama scored a winner.

Both were involved with all points won.

I hope to god Poch doesn't change Dier and Wanyama. We need dribbling and penetration in the final third. We need power to link up with Kane.

I'm worried Poch will go in your direction. He's showing a lot of commitment to Eriksen who was abysmal in this specific team.

Last edited:
No we weren't... we lost at home to Leicester & Southampton, and away at West Ham before the Newcastle debacle...

What season were you watching? One in which we won the League, obviously!

Your'e worse than BBC 5 Live for inaccuracies... they mentioned we'd drawn 2-2 at Everton on the first day, and proudly announced 'Young Josh Winks' as our late substitute...

...have they even heard of Google?? ...it's not hard!

Umm I hate to be that guy to ruin your bad mood, but we lost to Newcastle twice last year.

There are some dumb motherfuckers out there....

fifaoff.png

How big do these "pundits" and football genuises think Danny Rose's feet are?

Don't understand the flak Wanyama is getting from some - I thought he had a good game.

We didn't deserve a win, so I'm happy with the draw. Need to wake the fuck up earlier though.

It's simple. The elephant in the room in this forum is they can't admit Eriksen has been the weak link in midfield.

He lost the ball on countless occasions and gave Liverpool their best chances.

It really is the Lamelaphant in the room. There is a lot of pride at steak from the loudest posters on this forum.

They can't budge, admit the truth that Eriksem has been the weakest link on the pitch.

Wanyama was great defensively. Saved our bacon after Eriksen and Lamela lost the ball in front of him over and over resulting in most of Liverpools chances. He did his job.

The players tasked with supplying Kane and Janssen? They are the issue.

Another thing, in that small up and down Cameo of Onomah where he made some good passes and runs but also lost the ball once or twice and got caught offside it showed why Chadli, Mason, Carroll etc are being got rid off.

Onomah did some good and bad but he did something, what worries me if we don't sell the like of Chadli is that we have players who other than the odd goal don't get stuck in. Liverpool showed today the importance of every player getting involved, we cannot carry passengers.

Eriksen also needs seriously to raise his game, that's three awful 3-4 out of 10 performances in a row, if he is not going to win tackles or control the ball under pressure he need to make it up by scoring or setting up goals.

Vorm: 9/10
Walker: 6/10
Dier: 8/10
Toby: 8/10
Verts: 7/10
Rose: 6/10
Waynama: 6/10
Alli: 4/10
Lamela: 4/10
Eriksen: 4/10
Kane: 5/10
Janssen: 7/10
Onomah: 6/10 for his cameo
Winks: LOL 2 seconds

Have to give our defenders good scores considering all the shit, Eriksen and Alli in particular comes guys get going.

As a team we look better with Janssen pressing their defenders. Dier is a wonderful footballer and Waynama would be really good if when he won the ball he didn't pass it straight back.

I agree with most of this but I think Kane was the worst spurs player. 2/10

He wasn't involved and the few times he had the ball he was too slow or missed the pass. Is he going to the England games now? Hope he doesn't play.

What on earth is wrong with Eriksen? Is the contract thing messing with his head?
well they won't be your 'm8s' for long...
not cool bro.
Joke or no joke, saying 'no one in London cares' about 96 other Human Beings dying, is the heartless, remorseless rebuke of a fucking serial killer! Have some fucking empathy... even if you hate the lot of them, that's not the way to express it!

Unless the 'Israel' bit of your username is merely ironic, I can only assume it's something more Zionist? In which case, you must be more than fully aware of the resentment and hatred directed towards our Jewish Brothers down the ages... don't lower yourself to that!
Liverpool had no problem using the 9/11 memorial to advertise their new kit, their whole "remember the 96" thing is hypocrisy.

Edit:
article-0-2029A29A00000578-409_634x435.jpg

Back
Top Bottom