Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're both wrong. While I find cunt implicit in Nazi regardless of context, you cannot say the same about every word. The same word could be pregnant with different meanings depending upon its context. William Empson has something to say about these things. He's a good cunt.
You're a bit off there mate, what you're critiquing there is the existence of analytic statements "a bachelor is an unmarried man" if you except Quine that is reasonable. but regardless of that claiming cunt is implicit in Nazi says that for every X that has the property of being a Nazi has also the property of being a cunt (and vice versa) which is clearly false. Lastly, Tautology is divorced of meanings, "it either raining or not raining now" is always true regardless of the meaning of raining.

Dembele can't finish his suspension soon enough..
No use singling anyone out, vast majority our team played poorly today.
Still, there was a time not long ago we needed to play well to draw against pool, sign our progress that we can play poorly and draw....or a sign of pools shocking finishing.

Midfield, especially behind the striker is our weakest link in our team. We don't have any other quality options beside those 3 regular starters.

We must bring 2 AM and 1 CM in 5 days time.

You're a bit off there mate, what you're critiquing there is the existence of analytic statements "a bachelor is an unmarried man" if you except Quine that is reasonable. but regardless of that claiming cunt is implicit in Nazi says that for every X that has the property of being a Nazi has also the property of being a cunt which is clearly false. Lastly, Tautology is divorced of meanings, "it either raining or not raining now" is always true regardless of the meaning of raining.

Fuck off you two with the English lesson..

Relax now and panic at the end of the season when we need a extra 4 or 5 points games are games this game means just as much as the games at the end of the season

The results so far have been same as last season and not bad, its losing TWICE against Newcastle that were the problems last season so we have to pick up points against their equivalent team Burnley, that is where the points will come from

Plus maybe Woolwich for once not getting away with a draw with us too would be nice!!

Am I allowed to take a point and be happy that a poor performance didn't result in a 4-1 spanking... without being labelled a Poch 'fanboy', and a brainwashed Spurs Monthly subscriber who is under Levy's evil spell?

We'll grow from this... we need to learn from this season, and remember what we did so right last season...
We've been slow starters in both seasons under Poch, but at least after the first 3 games this season we're still unbeaten, and 3 points better off than this time last year...

now that's progress!

Janssen is gonna take a while to bed in to the PL though, isn't he?

99% agree.

The 1% is for Janseen. I think he's adapted very well so far, and he is contributing well to the team, despite the lack of form in the 3 behind him.

We're matching out results from last season so far.

Got a good point there because we probably didn't deserve it. Onwards and upwards.

International break now.

We were pretty woeful but we still got a point which is fantastic in the context of things.

Rose bossed the left wing and I fucking loved his meg on I think Clyne or Mane first half, anyone got a video of it?

Seems something wrong with Eriksen he just seems so blasé & the team may need to warm up like last season which is annoying.

Vorm was great today, he has always needed a run of games and people seem to forget he was actually really Good for Swansea

Think I watch different games to people or have a different definition of woeful , I thought today was a case of two good teams giving each other a good examination , the sharpness isn't really there yet but it's very early on , I though it was a decent display and a well earned point against a decent side.

The most important thing when we're not playing well is to just not lose. It's the same as last season. Until we lost against Newcastle we were unbeaten apart from the first game despite long runs of being below par, and that's what made the media notice us as potential title contenders. You kind of forget the performance after a few weeks and just look at the results and so, so far it doesn't look too bad again.

No we weren't... we lost at home to Leicester & Southampton, and away at West Ham before the Newcastle debacle...

What season were you watching? One in which we won the League, obviously!

Your'e worse than BBC 5 Live for inaccuracies... they mentioned we'd drawn 2-2 at Everton on the first day, and proudly announced 'Young Josh Winks' as our late substitute...

...have they even heard of Google?? ...it's not hard!

Being zen about it... we have five points from Everton, Palace, and Liverpool.

That's at the very start of the season (where we usually start slowly), with the added disadvantage of missing Dembele throughout.

And we're clearly not quite done in the transfer window.

It's not ideal, but not too shabby either. The problem is really more on our general performance: but that can surely be attributed to the Dembele absence and Eriksen's 'underwhelming' performances.

Vorm: 9/10
Walker: 6/10
Dier: 8/10
Toby: 8/10
Verts: 7/10
Rose: 6/10
Waynama: 6/10
Alli: 4/10
Lamela: 4/10
Eriksen: 4/10
Kane: 5/10
Janssen: 7/10
Onomah: 6/10 for his cameo
Winks: LOL 2 seconds

Have to give our defenders good scores considering all the shit, Eriksen and Alli in particular comes guys get going.

As a team we look better with Janssen pressing their defenders. Dier is a wonderful footballer and Waynama would be really good if when he won the ball he didn't pass it straight back.

Back
Top Bottom