Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reminds me a bit of that undefeated streak last season that didn't really feel like an udefeated streak, with like four 0-0s and a couple lucky 1-1s.
& when all logic went out the window & people convinced themselves it's better to have less pt's but be undefeated (basically what ever we are doing is best).

Levy is really cutting corners to pay for the new stadium, without it Spurs would be able to spend about as much as Juventus and Liverpool.
Stadium or no stadium, he would still do this.
we are doing really well considering what we spend.

We got away with one there. Only Vorm and Toby were on it, Danny Rose in patches. The rest were all short of what is expected.
Stop fucking about with Kane in the 10 role and put him where he should be.

Better get used to the idea of Europa League again next year because we can't afford too much of a slow start. Better points than this time last year, but I am worried about our pedestrian performances. We clearly need a Dembele backup and so far Wanyama is not it.

Far too early to be either pessimist or optimist at this point. It's a long season and we are already on more points than we were his time last season. And despite not being great today, it seems we are at least still showing the same kind of resilience that poch instilled last year. A few seasons ago we may have shipped 2 or 3 in this game but we hung on and got a point whilst staving off a top 4 rival from going above us.
Kane, eriksen etc will soon show their class. And it is impossible to overestimate the effect dembele has on how this side works when attacking.

Liverpool had no problem using the 9/11 memorial to advertise their new kit, their whole "remember the 96" thing is hypocrisy.

Edit:
article-0-2029A29A00000578-409_634x435.jpg

Ahhh... I did not know that!
In that case, fuck 'em all!

But as I said before... no need to stoop to their level! If they wanna dace on the graves of a coupla thousand dead, in order to launch their new kit, then that's up to them!

I still don't wish what happened at Hillsborough on any of them...

As the old saying goes; It's not what happens, it's how you deal with it!

I wonder if our early summer holiday end of last season has hurt the team. Winning is a habit and we got out of the habit. So many players not at it today I doubt even having moose back would have made a big difference. It says a lot that we were relying on Dier on the right wing for our best opportunities. But we kept going and ground out a point. Would have been gutted to lose to these fuckers today.

Have to admit we were fucking lucky to get that point today. Probably the weakest bench I've seen at WHL. Ever. As for Harry Kane, this may upset a few but he was fucking woeful. He looked and played like some middle aged cab driver plucked randomly from the crowd. Eriksen played like his mind was elsewhere. Dele looked average and Onomah appeared out of his depth. On the plus side we are somehow still unbeaten, but the fact is that's one win in seven.

Better get used to the idea of Europa League again next year because we can't afford too much of a slow start. Better points than this time last year, but I am worried about our pedestrian performances. We clearly need a Dembele backup and so far Wanyama is not it.

Waynama is a perfect back up to
Dier, Dembele is a hard one but no doubt we need proper cover.

What is annoying is that in terms of defence/goalkeeping/DM we are fine we have such a solid platform it's our midfield and attacking basically our AM's and lack of Demebele cover that is killing us.

Back
Top Bottom