Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the past few games: let's pray for a good, pacey CAM who can light a fire up Eriksen's arse (a la Davies with Rose).

Eriksen is almost unbenchable at the moment and it's not doing him or us any favours.
Can you explain this please?
I think he needs dropping immediately, as his performances have been terrible.
Vertonghen was also really poor, I would give Wimmer a game.

bring back the Moose

You think our team need less pace? Wanyama is our fastest midfielder in our starting 11. At least Dembele is faster than Eriksen who should be dropped.

What is Dembele going to do that Wanyama or Dier can't do in a defensive position?

They defended brilliantly. Dier crossed for the goal. Wanyama won us 3 points

I can't believe be you are zooming in on the few positives we have had this season.

Dembele will defend great. Just like Dier and Wanyama did. There will be no change to results with a rusty Dembele replacing one of those.

If Dembele replaces Eriksen further forward, then we will see real change. Some stickabikity.

We will still be slow but more effortless dribbling in the final third is what we need. We will not only hold up the ball where it matters with Dembwle, but we will win way more balls there.

Who is around Dembele in this instance? Kane. Who has been starved? Kane.

Criticizing Wanyama and Dier? Thank fuck for them. We would have lost every game without them. Wanyama scored a winner.

Both were involved with all points won.

I hope to god Poch doesn't change Dier and Wanyama. We need dribbling and penetration in the final third. We need power to link up with Kane.

I'm worried Poch will go in your direction. He's showing a lot of commitment to Eriksen who was abysmal in this specific team.
stfu.jpeg

So Eriksen probably needs to be dropped.....does Dembele go into the attacking trio (like he did last season when Eriksen is injured) or should Poch drop Wanyama (who has been great so far imo)?

Just got back home from an early ass morning out here in California. Random thoughts in no particular order.

- I thought Liverpool could've easily gone at least two up in the first half. I'm very happy with that point all things considered.
- We need Dembele back, but I think that we really need another attacking mid.
- If Son is on the bench but doesn't get picked ahead of Onomah he must be on his way out, no?
- Onomah looked like he isn't ready for that caliber of opponent yet.
- Kane looked off the pace. I really don't like him in the #10.

P.S.
- Fuck 4:30 AM kickoffs.

Champions league spot will be a tough ask if we are still taking our own sweet time to get over last season title challenge loss.
I think we will enjoy this season a lot more if we don't expect CL football as it will be very tough to get.
Best off just seeing how things go & adjust our target it from there.

Lamela with a goal and an assist to his name but has been mediocre tbh - concerning.

Kane looks fatigued - highly concerning.

Alli has simply put been poor - worrying.

Eriksen has been mediocre too - worrying.

We need them to kick on and we'll back to our true form (I hope). That's why our 5 points in 9 is a sign of strength! So many are underachieving and we're still very hard to beat. We can thank our back 4 and Vorm for that.
Think you need a set of worry beads mate...

I agree with most of this but I think Kane was the worst spurs player. 2/10

He wasn't involved and the few times he had the ball he was too slow or missed the pass. Is he going to the England games now? Hope he doesn't play.

Not sure, he does look tired and out of sorts although hard to say much when he's getting limited service.

Most likely go to England but who knows what Allardyce will do.

''We don't need strengthening, our squad is perfect'', so said the Levy supporting, net-spend wankoffs happyclappers.
lack of spending is why we struggle to get top 4 year after year.
be nice if we spent that little bit more to get a better quality player in every couple of seasons. could make so much difference.
& no, that doesn't automatically mean I want us to spend 300m a year.

lack of spending is why we struggle to get top 4 year after year.
be nice if we spent that little bit more to get a better quality player in every couple of seasons. could make so much difference.
& no, that doesn't automatically mean I want us to spend 300m a year.
Levy is really cutting corners to pay for the new stadium, without it Spurs would be able to spend about as much as Juventus and Liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom