Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City - 10th Feb - 1.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hugo, Sissoko , Ericksen were all great today but my MOTM is Winks, kept everything moving. It appeared that he played more forward passes today, as opposed to passes to the side that went forward a couple of yards.

Skipp looked tidy but was playing it very safe (no blame).

As SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy said, That was the worst half of refereeing that I have EVER seen and like Billy when we scored I was shouting "Fuck you, Oliver".

I noticed that Sky didn't show a replay of the first penalty shout on Son, was it a slip rather than a foul ?
Son appeared to be saying to Maguire, when he was booked, twice you brought me down.

One final word on Sissoko, when I first saw Son's goal I though he just cleared the ball, but the more I see it the more I'm convinced that it was a deliberate pass and he knew exactly where Son was.

some of the whining on here about referees is tiresome at times, but no worse I'll bet, than any other message board, pretty much all fans think that referees are against them, biased, crooked, deserve to burn in hell - etc etc.
However - the refereeing today was nothing short of astonishing, it really would not have surprised me to see Oliver come out in a Leicester strip and knock one in at the back stick in the second half. I really do hope that the referees ombudsman takes a look at that game and gives the guy what he deserves, and tell him to fuck off and find another job.

I really expected him to disallow all of our goals, not for anything justifiable - but because it would have been in keeping with the ineptitude of his handling of the game. It's no bloody wonder Leicester had as much of the game as they did, we were shit scared of getting carded.

Appalling performance

Hugo, Sissoko , Ericksen were all great today but my MOTM is Winks, kept everything moving. It appeared that he played more forward passes today, as opposed to passes to the side that went forward a couple of yards.

Yes. That little flick over somebody's head in his own half and a driving run up the pitch was sooo nice!

I love the fact that Poch stays classy and never moans.....

But.... It would be good to actually mention the ref today so that I it maybe puts the spotlight a bit more on them in our games going forward.... We can't play against 12 men for the rest of the season
Bravo there mate. I love the way Poch holds himself in pressers. He doesn’t hide behind excuses or moan about decisions. Absolutely classy. But for fuck sake Poch, have a fucking rant once in a while because it does make us an easy touch for shit decisions when the manager never complains. And it may just make the next cunt in black/green/blue/yellow/ whatever think before dishing out shit call after shit call.
Am literally still shaking with rage at that fucking wanker Oliver.

some of the whining on here about referees is tiresome at times, but no worse I'll bet, than any other message board, pretty much all fans think that referees are against them, biased, crooked, deserve to burn in hell - etc etc.
However - the refereeing today was nothing short of astonishing, it really would not have surprised me to see Oliver come out in a Leicester strip and knock one in at the back stick in the second half. I really do hope that the referees ombudsman takes a look at that game and gives the guy what he deserves, and tell him to fuck off and find another job.

I really expected him to disallow all of our goals, not for anything justifiable - but because it would have been in keeping with the ineptitude of his handling of the game. It's no bloody wonder Leicester had as much of the game as they did, we were shit scared of getting carded.

Appalling performance
Fuck off, Mick. You're boring the fucken tits off me

Strange day.

We won again and were in a title race and yet I am fuming about a dodgy ref and also feel dirty for paying Sky money.

First the ref. The first half was bad enough but then their penalty was an absolutely disgraceful decision. The club have frustrated me over the years because I don't think we always stick up for ourselves enough in these situations. If fergie was our manager Oliver would be banned from our games and I think the club should be trying make a very public statement about Oliver. That was unacceptable and I think biased. It's not on that he will get away with that.

Speaking of unacceptable let's talk about Sky. I keep ordering day passes on Now TV because streaming is a pain in the arse, I can't get my head round IPTV so my fiancee said just get the monthly package. But today I've had to listen to a bitter gooner boring prick commentate on our game and then in a title race featuring three teams they have a studio full of pricks who support the one runner not playing. Again it's about time our club and to be fair every club not united , Liverpool or Woolwich stood up and started withdrawing access until they get a bit of integrity. I fucking hate Liverpool and I shouldn't be subjected to Scouse TV if I enjoy watching football. Especially when those pricks aren't playing. Literally nobody wants to hear Jamie Redknapp talk, not even the housewives foaming over him. If they want eye candy at least tell him to shut up.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
I have been all season but more than ever I'm so proud of all the players and staff. Huge 3 points.

Performance wise that was as good as it gets with a bent ref. Huge character to remain professional and get the job done as opposed to letting it be a reason to sink. I'll openly admit I wouldn't of been able to keep my emotions in check.

Was nice to see a captains performance from Hugo today at a time where we needed it and Sanchez was huge in stopping their attempts at quick brake aways. Those two have had a lot of stick recently so particularly pleasing. I was unhappy with Trippier in the 1st half but feel he at leat put better balls in after the break so fair play to him.

Michael Oliver really needs to be demoted big time. Regardless of whether anyone thinks it was corrupt that was an appalling and an embarrassing performance for the FA to try and justify.

If that was happening at the lowest level of non professional football the team on the recieving end of the poor decisions would likely be humble and go against the ref. I've been involved in games where both teams have just overruled the ref for being so clearly wrong.

I hate Chelsea but I have to say that the last time I saw such openly corrupt refereeing was their game against Barcelona where Drogba was a man possesed at the end and openly shouting corruption much to the glee of the eager cameraman.

Someone said earlier that we can't continue to keeping winning against 12 men. I kind of agree but fuck them all we keep defying the odds so why can't we keep doing it.

COYS

Think Oliver’s problem is he looks like a little kid trying to officiate an adults match. No one respects him so he dishes out unnecessary punishment to get attention.

He actually lets loads of early fouls go completely unpunished (he must think he's letting the game flow), but all that happens is the understanding amongst players and fans over what is a foul punishable by freekick or card starts to get really blurred as he literally gives nothing...........then as the ferocity of the fouls escalates and gets out of hand he all of a sudden books or sends someone off.

This lack of fairness / consistency leaves everyone watching bewildered and he loses control of the game.

Happens. Every. Fucking. Game.

Was at the game today and enjoyed the win more than ever, because it felt like we beat Leicester and the fucking ref.

The Son decision is still scandalous, especially when viewed in context of their penalty.

With regards to inconsistency or incompetent reffing, it's usually both teams that have decisions go against them.

Today's performance by the ref was based on a clear agenda against us. Disgraceful that this can happen in top level sport.

Back
Top Bottom