Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't really know what all the fuss about Vertonghen's about. He was kicked in the leg and fell over ffs, he didn't go to the ref, have a go at Ramirez or hold anything in pain. Fucking 'tough' cunts on MOTD 2 though said they'd been taught to hit back?!?

Also I don't think the highlights were particularly generous just when you've been surrounded by a load of negative bollocks for weeks things can seem worse than they are during the game and things look much better when you're looking positively back on the highlights.

Vertonghen did nothing wrong. Maybe it wasn't a red card but he got the back of his knee rolled up on. No person could have stayed up with that happening to the back of your legs. He didn't stay down or appeal to the ref. If you're of the opinion it wasn't a red, the only person to blame is the linesman.

Vertonghen did nothing wrong. Maybe it wasn't a red card but he got the back of his knee rolled up on. No person could have stayed up with that happening to the back of your legs. He didn't stay down or appeal to the ref. If you're of the opinion it wasn't a red, the only person to blame is the linesman.

Kicking out at a player who had nothing to do with the previous tackle/foul isn't acceptable though.

Bruce was going on about how it wasn't dangerous - neither is pushing someone's face, but it's still inappropriate behaviour and deserves a red, imo.

Kicking out at a player who had nothing to do with the previous tackle/foul isn't acceptable though.

Bruce was going on about how it wasn't dangerous - neither is pushing someone's face, but it's still inappropriate behaviour and deserves a red, imo.
Vertonghen did stick his leg into him though. He shouldn't have done it and it was definitely red but it wasn't unprovoked.

Oh my god, he got fouled and you consider that a worthwhile contribution. He was clean through on goal and missed the target, like he always does. I may have overstated the fact that he is worst Spurs striker in the EPL era, but he is definitely close
What you think of the Lamela miss?
Don't forget Kane missed an easy header too...

Its all a bit selective from some, I think that we look a lot better with Soldado in the team.
The top 4 are fluid, and I think he has some leadership qualities too.
How much playing time has he had in the prem this season?
I would like to see more of the Soldado/Kane partnership, both will benefit.

What I saw was a Spurs side which struggled at the back and in creating good chances. Hull exploited the spaces wide and got in behind us. This makes the CB look awful. This happens regular which will stop when Walker is fit. Davis I thought grew into the game and the more he plays the better he gets. I thought it was a very good second half performance. We created chances in front of goal. . Chiri at RB was very good (some weeks back I wanted him out)? We were pn top and Hull resorted to thuggery and had only themselves to blame with players being booked and SOff. Well done Spurs. Some good players to return, it can only get better. And a mention for Lennon, also did very well when he came on.

Oh my god, he got fouled and you consider that a worthwhile contribution. He was clean through on goal and missed the target, like he always does. I may have overstated the fact that he is worst Spurs striker in the EPL era, but he is definitely close

How long have you been watching spurs?

Off the top of my head I can name several who have had worse goalscoring records:
Rebrov, Crouch, Frazier Campbell, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Helder Postiga....

Kane's was a bad miss, but the ball dropped straight over the head of the defender and Kane misjudged it. We cannot rely on Kane if we want to seriously challenge in the EPL.
Lamela's miss was bad, Lamela makes so many mistakes. But he is 21 and in his first season with us. He needs time.
Soldado is 29 and is allegedly a striker. If we want a playmaker play Eriksen as the number 10. He is 10 times the player Soldado is. We desperately need to buy 2 strikers.

Was also thinking about this. Soldado can't play as a striker, because he can't score.

So we can play him as a #10. Trouble with this is that Eriksen isn't as good on the left wing and doesn't defend well. Eriksen is just better in that #10 role.

So where can Soldado actually play..? You can't play 4-4-2 with Eriksen on the wing against Everton or Chelsea. I just don't think there is room for him anymore.

Gudjohnsen played 11 games for us!
Cambell played 10!
Crouch was a far better player for us than Soldado.

I'll grant you Rebrov and Postiga. He is the new Rebrov, great

How many games does a player need before he can be judged then?

Crouch scored 12 league goals in over 70 games, so not sure how you judge he was 'far better' when he's always been like a newborn foal on ice with the ball at his feet.

How many games does a player need before he can be judged then?

Crouch scored 12 league goals in over 70 games, so not sure how you judge he was 'far better' when he's always been like a newborn foal on ice with the ball at his feet.

He also scored 7 in 10 Champions League games. They were of mild importance, I'd say.

Kane's was a bad miss, but the ball dropped straight over the head of the defender and Kane misjudged it. We cannot rely on Kane if we want to seriously challenge in the EPL.
Lamela's miss was bad, Lamela makes so many mistakes. But he is 21 and in his first season with us. He needs time.
Soldado is 29 and is allegedly a striker. If we want a playmaker play Eriksen as the number 10. He is 10 times the player Soldado is. We desperately need to buy 2 strikers.
Kane and Soldado both operate better with a strike partner.
Just because he is a second striker, doesn't mean he is now a playmaker?
I want to see him get a serious run with Kane as a partner, and decide after half a season of that.

He shouldn't play at all. Why split up ANOTHER centre back partnership? Were Fazio and Vertonghen troubled for 70 minutes? Let them build a partnership.
Okkay I get you but are you being serious about not being troubled? When Hull had 11 men they did look very shakey! Won't be a popular opinion but I have no confidence in Vertonghen whatsoever, hasn't been playing well for a very long time!

236EDC1F00000578-2846328-image-69_1416766033432.jpg
That boy couldn't even put his hat on properly.

Kane and Soldado both operate better with a strike partner.
Just because he is a second striker, doesn't mean he is now a playmaker?
I want to see him get a serious run with Kane as a partner, and decide after half a season of that.
I'm very much all up for a long run of both Soldado and Kane playing together, but ...
Who misses out then?

As long as Chadli is out (which shouldn't be for more than 2 weeks at the most), that ST partnership is fine. But if Chadli is fit, he plays imo. He's intelligent, a fighter, and he's scoring loads of goals.

It's a tough one because then we have Eriksen and Lamela.

I'm very much all up for a long run of both Soldado and Kane playing together, but ...
Who misses out then?

As long as Chadli is out (which shouldn't be for more than 2 weeks at the most), that ST partnership is fine. But if Chadli is fit, he plays imo. He's intelligent, a fighter, and he's scoring loads of goals.

It's a tough one because then we have Eriksen and Lamela.
It's all dependent on the opposition I suppose.
Probably wouldn't play 2 up top against opponents in/~ the top 4/5.
Up to Poch who he drops...

Back
Top Bottom