Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great result, right fucked off with Soldado absolute wank him and ade can take a flying fuck and leave, for the right money of course.

Defiantly need some width wether it be lennon on the right or Townsend on the left, just playing through the middle makes us too predictable.

Yes, and when Woolwich won the title during the Graham days with scarppy 1-0 wins all the Spurs fans claimed they'd never want to win a trophy like that.

Funny how the "Tottenham Way" goes out of the window when it suits....

At the moment though it's either play badly and lose or play badly and get some points, so i guess points it is.

At the moment though it's either play badly and lose or play badly and get some points, so j guess points it is.
Oh, I agree. But I very much feel this is a "papering over the cracks" result. The way I see it, there was a problem under AVB, there was a problem under Sherweasel and there is a problem under Poch, and I just don't understand people who chop and change or don't want to discuss that for the sake of 3 points from a ten man game....and it's a squad rather than manager problem. Poch said he wanted to restore the Tottenham style of play, and I just don't see that happening because I don't think Levy will allow him the scope for wholesale changes in Jan. So results like this only serve to distract from a potential ongoing problem. Poch, quite simply, won't get what he needs. I thin people need to appreciate that results like today don't change the fact that this manager may not be able to win at this club without the required backing and that we don't necessarily have a chairman who will provide it......which, in turn, means that we may be faced with the scenario of trying to find another manager who can get something out of the crop.

All I'm saying is that if people think Poch is going to be given loads of time AND lots of money for signings then they're oblivious to Levy's normal behavior. Levy will think that Poch will only need key signings in Jan to turn things around...and I can't see him funding more than that, and certainly not without sales. Poch needs to show that he can get something out of the rest of the clowns that make up our teamsheet. I genuinely think this is what his job depends on.

Some interesting ITK making the rounds.

Pinch of salt as always...
From Galahad the gnome

A parchment arrives containing some snippets from the diminutive one. The information is not uniformly positive, so if you dislike reading negative information, please close this thread now.

There was a confrontation after the Stoke game between Adebayor and Kane. Most of the team sided with Kane, but Kaboul and a couple of others didn't. Kaboul then went to see the manager to voice "the squads opinion" on Kane and his supporters. It was clear to MP that Adebayor, Lennon and Kaboul do not speak for the rest of the squad. The younger players are not happy with the way the three most senior players have been behaving, training and playing.

MP bitterly disappointed with more than half a dozen of the squad who have decided the extra hard work they are being asked to do hasn't paid off, so they won't bother to do it. He wanted to give them time to buy into his plans, but they have chosen not to do so. Today's team selection is a reflection of this reality.

Adebayor and Lennon are refusing to accept a move. They've told MP that they don't care whether they play or not. They'll stay at home, train with the reserves or sit on the bench, as long as they collect their wages.

Lennon only made the bench today because of the injuries to Townsend and Chadli.

Unsurprisingly it's proving most challenging to move many of our players expect Vlad to go permanent, and Paulinho on loan. Both to Italy and both to top Italian sides. Inter showing the most interest in Paulinho as things stand.

Baldini suggested we hire Paul Mitchell. MP supported this idea. Mitchell is seen as someone with the potential to become a DOF in the long term. He wants to 'apprentice' for a few years with someone experienced in transfers, dealing with agents and players, etc.

Each member of the triumvirate will have control over their own area of the transfer process. MP will decide on the roles he needs for his tactical schemes. Mitchell will then identify players (both young players and established players) for those roles, and will recommend them to MP, who will either approve or reject each of those recommendations. For players that get MP's green light, Baldini will go out and try to sign them. MP trusts Mitchell explicitly.

Moreno and Rodriguez (subject to full recovery) are still the top two on the list for January, although Mitchell has already identified other possibilities for MP to look at.

Apart from the above, there's no news.

Now, I couldn't watch the match as I was travelling (had to put up with 5 live on the radio) but I decided to test my 'sods law' approach.
Bit like this - http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/fo...n-h-bounce-back-time.9748/page-33#post-513432

For anyone not familiar, I think this started in the betting thread a while ago - I'm so terrible at betting that even betting on an odds-on result will result in me losing money. I've had some stick for 'betting against' the team for other supporters of different teams, but I do it because I never win, so betting against what I want to happen will always seem to work out well - it's like a jinx on the team I bet on. Haven't done it for a while and forgot about my little pathological idiosyncracies...

Anyway, decided to cover off all our ex-players scoring against us - couldn't see Livermore on the list so assumed he wasn't playing. Went for a hull win too, and had £2.50 in the account. Trust the one player I didn't get to bet on scoring against us.

2cqkuwo.png

Job done! Not sure if I can afford to do it all season, but anything to tempt fate in our favour!

Last edited:
Oh, I agree. But I very much feel this is a "papering over the cracks" result. The way I see it, there was a problem under AVB, there was a problem under Sherweasel and there is a problem under Poch, and I just don't understand people who chop and change or don't want to discuss that for the sake of 3 points from a ten man game....and it's a squad rather than manager problem. Poch said he wanted to restore the Tottenham style of play, and I just don't see that happening because I don't think Levy will allow him the scope for wholesale changes in Jan. So results like this only serve to distract from a potential ongoing problem. Poch, quite simply, won't get what he needs. I thin people need to appreciate that results like today don't change the fact that this manager may not be able to win at this club without the required backing and that we don't necessarily have a chairman who will provide it......which, in turn, means that we may be faced with the scenario of trying to find another manager who can get something out of the crop.

All I'm saying is that if people think Poch is going to be given loads of time AND lots of money for signings then they're oblivious to Levy's normal behavior. Levy will think that Poch will only need key signings in Jan to turn things around...and I can't see him funding more than that, and certainly not without sales. Poch needs to show that he can get something out of the rest of the clowns that make up our teamsheet. I genuinely think this is what his job depends on.

I agree but with low expectations in thanks to levy this is for me as good as it gets I have long lowered my anticipation from the redknapp days of play well and win to just get a result.

I hope one day when levy gets dick cancer and fucks off to again have high hopes of a spurs squad.

The same people who were calling lennon shit now want him to start yet i still see people slagging dembele off and asking for stambouli to start ahead of him. Why can we not open our eyes and stop assuming someone will do better then the players who have fought for this shirt already. I've actually been hoping players like demebele and lennon have a run out as they are two of a few left, who know what it means to play for spurs. All this fanboy bollox needs to stop on every new face who comes around.

As for today davies has to start over rose as i feel he offers alot more defensively for us. And i feel as if poch needs to pick a team and stick with them whether its europa, a cup match or the league and get a bit of consistency going. I feel like every game we make two or three changes and there is always a change in defence which does not allow them to settle with one another and play as a unit. Confidence is also a massive issue and the swapping and changing dont help with that either.

I'll take a win right now no matter how we get it. Feels fucking great on a sunday knowing some other teams have dropped points this weekend and we managed to get some on the board, and those scenes from our fans near the end was the cherry on top. Fantastic support, important 3 points on to the next one on thursday !

COYS

Aside from a couple of rather wonderful goals, there was little to enjoy about today's performance.
I thought our approach play looked as good as it has all season. Our front four worked really well, even more when we saw Lennon provide much needed width. It's just what was behind them that was the problem and even they weren't troubled in the second half.

To be honest, you can give me games like today every week performance wise if we get moments like Eriksens goal at the end of every game. Absolutely loved it and reminded me why I love the club so much.

Back
Top Bottom