Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How can Adebayor and Kaboul finally getting found out by management be seen as being negative news?

yea I found it all to be rather positive, how true it is well that's another thing

the 3 points today was huge showed a good spirit never giving up on trying to win

our match winners are so young but they exhibit some real flashes of quality from time to time they just need to build more consistency

A wins a win. I'd take moments like Eriksens at the end of every game, even if it means performing like we did today. Is there plenty of work still to do? Of course, but Poch isn't a miracle worker.

The worrying thing is, things don't seem to be improving. There doesn't appear to be a clear starting 11 yet or a plan. There is plenty of work to be done, the question is, is any of it actually being done?

Major problems:
Bad defense - Not got sorted yet. I liked that he put Vlad at Rb today and experimented, he's at least looking for a solution.

Record buys not found form - Still a huge issue. Soldado should have scored today. Lamela offers very little, that's coming from a fan of his. Paulinho looked devoid of anything when he came on.

Lack of goals - Still no star striker, fell out with Adebayor. Semi-solution in Kane and Eriksen may be warming up, but we find it more difficult than we should to score.

3 big problems and so far he's not solved any of them, nor does he look likely to. I'm not saying sack him, but it is a bit worrying. Saying that, 2 points behind 4th...

we are 12 games into his first season here ffs

the sample size for things improving is miniscule

it's as if a lot of people don't grasp the magnitude of the job at hand, unfortunately

12 games into the league, 6 games in Europe, 2 games into the league cup. I think 20 games and 7 months at the club is a fair amount of time to judge, at least a little. As I said above, I don't think he should be sacked and we will know a lot more come January.

The entire squad is a mess, some personalities are poison, lots of deadwood refusing to move, young kids coming through. I get how big the job is, the fact our manager had to suggest a head scout says everything.

12 games into the league, 6 games in Europe, 2 games into the league cup. I think 20 games and 7 months at the club is a fair amount of time to judge, at least a little. As I said above, I don't think he should be sacked and we will know a lot more come January.

The entire squad is a mess, some personalities are poison, lots of deadwood refusing to move, young kids coming through. I get how big the job is, the fact our manager had to suggest a head scout says everything.

From his first 16 league games in charge of Southampton (inheriting most of the previous manager's squad) he didn't do too well, but picked up once he'd had time to drill in his principles.

Premier League only

2012-13 (January 18th onwards) - DLDWLLDWWWDDLLDD

P16 W4 D7 L5 F18 A20 - Won 25%

2013-14 - WDLDWWWDWDWLLLDDLWLLWDDWDWLLWWLWLLDWWD

P38 W15 D11 L12 F54 A46 - Won 39.4%

Now, for Tottenham so far - WWLDLDWLLWLW

P12 W5 D2 L5 F16 A17 - Won 41.7%

So, if he is still winning nearly 42% of his games at such an early stage then it might bode well for the future development of the team. I'm sure that's not too far off Redknapp's league performance.

Stats can be total bollocks, but there's a little reassurance in there perhaps.

From his first 16 league games in charge of Southampton (inheriting most of the previous manager's squad) he didn't do too well, but picked up once he'd had time to drill in his principles.

Premier League only

2012-13 (January 18th onwards) - DLDWLLDWWWDDLLDD

P16 W4 D7 L5 F18 A20 - Won 25%

2013-14 - WDLDWWWDWDWLLLDDLWLLWDDWDWLLWWLWLLDWWD

P38 W15 D11 L12 F54 A46 - Won 39.4%

Now, for Tottenham so far - WWLDLDWLLWLW

P12 W5 D2 L5 F16 A17 - Won 41.7%

So, if he is still winning nearly 42% of his games at such an early stage then it might bode well for the future development of the team. I'm sure that's not too far off Redknapp's league performance.

Stats can be total bollocks, but there's a little reassurance in there perhaps.

Fair enough, cheers for posting an actual proper reply, rather than fobbing me off with insults or claiming ignorance. Redknapps win % was 49.5% so he's not too far off. Just hope there is an actual improvement in future and a grand plan.

Went to the Bell & Hare with some mates for the game. Guess no one watches away games in Tottenham, we were literally the only people there.

Anyway, we are still shit but so is the rest of the league besides Chelsea and Southampton. We can whine and complain all we want but ultimately the league is just very odd this year and Pochettino is only 12 games in. We could end up improving and doing alright.

If second half Christian Eriksen decides to show up the rest of the season it would be such a huge lift for us. That's the player we saw last season and need to have from now on. He's been far too anonymous this season. Kane looked again as well. I actually stand up and get excited when he has the ball at the edge of the box. No one else has that ability except Eriksen. Still in love with Ryan Mason.

I wonder what the black box would say about Dawson vs. Fazio or Livermore vs. Paulinho or Capoue.

Anyway, great to get three points today. The league is a complete mess, the longer we hold steady maybe we can end up catching some form if the players get confident with Pochettino's system. Stranger things have happened.

COYS

Nope, sorry. We're an absolute mess at the moment. Doesn't mean that those assholes aren't falling apart at the seams too. We're behind West Ham at the moment, for fuck's sake.

I'm backing Poch, though. Dammit we can't just continue sacking our managers left and right.

Point I was going for is that we're doing terribly but if you listened to the media we're one game from the championship and teams like the goons and liverpool are just outside the top four

Went to the Bell & Hare with some mates for the game. Guess no one watches away games in Tottenham, we were literally the only people there.

It was a sky TV game and also most of our fanbase don't actually live in Tottenham.

The only game you really get Spurs fans travelling down to watch in the pubs is Woolwich away.

It was a sky TV game and also most of our fanbase don't actually live in Tottenham.

The only game you really get Spurs fans travelling down to watch in the pubs is Woolwich away.

Yeah raining hard and Sunday night plus being on TV I figured were the main reasons.

236EDC1F00000578-2846328-image-69_1416766033432.jpg

Fair enough, cheers for posting an actual proper reply, rather than fobbing me off with insults or claiming ignorance. Redknapps win % was 49.5% so he's not too far off. Just hope there is an actual improvement in future and a grand plan.

No worries. Is that stat Harry's PL record or all competitions? I couldn't be arsed loading up the massive spreadsheet I have from last season.

Just seen the highlights on TV.

I know 110% that the TV doesn't reflect what you see in the game, but my thoughts:

Mason - looking like a great player for us this season, kudos to MP for giving him the chance
Soldado - some great teamwork/linkup, his chances weren't as "awful" as the radio commentary made him sound, good to see him actually trying to score and getting in there, much improved in that aspect
Kane - looking more like a first teamer in each and every game

Ramires - definitely a red, what a cnut
Livermore - should have been a red too, more of a cnut for an ex-spurs

Back
Top Bottom