Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last season we played this fixture with Dele in CM alongside Dier when Dembele wasn't available. Son was No10, Eriksen on the bench. Chadli started.
We could play Dele alongside Dier to accommodate Janssen. Yet I feel he will start with the same team V Everton.

Last season we played this fixture with Dele in CM alongside Dier when Dembele wasn't available. Son was No10, Eriksen on the bench. Chadli started.
We could play Dele alongside Dier to accommodate Janssen. Yet I feel he will start with the same team V Everton.
Chadli shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11

If we move Alli into CM, I imagine we would move Eriksen central and play Onomah on the left. I doubt Jansen will get the start. If I had to guess though, same line up as we had against Everton.

3-0. I highly doubt Poch will change from how we started against Everton. However, would love Janssen to start and see no need to play two DMs against a shockingly poor attack.

Why are people assuming we'll have the same line-up like the one against Everton? It clearly didn't work then, and we improved a lot with the sub. Surely Poch isn't so naive as to start with the same failed stuff as he did last week?

I doubt we'll start with 2 DM's against Palace... but whether that's to accommodate Janssen in a 2-up front attack I dunno...
I think Poch should stick to the same sort of system that worked so well last year... just trying to work out "who plays Dembele"
'cos Dier AND Wanyama together clearly didn't work...

[formation="4213, Vorm, Walker, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Rose, Dier/Wanyama, Bentaleb/Carroll?, Dele, Lamela, Kane/Janssen, Eriksen"] [/formation]

Why are people assuming we'll have the same line-up like the one against Everton? It clearly didn't work then, and we improved a lot with the sub. Surely Poch isn't so naive as to start with the same failed stuff as he did last week?

If we dropped players because it didn't work once, we probably wouldn't have kept Dier in at DM. He looked very shaky when he originally started there but within a few weeks made it his own. Poch knows what he's doing, he knows the team he played against Everton will work but he also knows they may need a little time to gel.

I doubt we'll start with 2 DM's against Palace... but whether that's to accommodate Janssen in a 2-up front attack I dunno...
I think Poch should stick to the same sort of system that worked so well last year... just trying to work out "who plays Dembele"

[formation="4213, Vorm, Walker, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Rose, Dier/Wanyama, Bentaleb/Carroll?, Dele, Lamela, Kane/Janssen, Eriksen"] [/formation]

That formation hurts my eyes. We were closer to a 4411 than we were a 4213 last year. But more realistically it was a 4231.

I'm sorry for being pedantic, but it just looks wrong.

Bentaleb won't even be on the bench.

Notice some of the forecast teams have dropped Wanyama to the bench, him and Dier are both DM who break up opposing attacks, and pass on to game players.
At home our home advantage must be a pressing game with inventive movement.
Only one gripe is our corners taken by Erickson don't produce the goods .
How about we get Harry to take corners instead?

I'll get my coat...

1-1.....if he starts wanyama and dier again this could end in a loss.

You must have some American blood coursing through your veins with all that OTT optimism!! Where do you get all your confidence from...?
...tone it down a little... this is an English Football club... we can't cope with such positivity!

Back
Top Bottom