Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Audere was a prick, but I don't think that he maintains two dozen different accounts.
TED was a bit of a mad man, but I also don't think that he maintains two different accounts.

Yup, it's not just me that thinks this. A few members have said the same, Mick Cooper Mick Cooper spotted it earlier in the thread. Ted pre-dates me in this place. No idea who he is and what he done but ArcspacE ArcspacE seems to notice his new accounts. I don't really get all that nonsense to be honest. Multiple accounts seems too much like hard work.

Yep it does seem way too complex I mean imagine having to alter your opinions and style of writing just to have a multi and not get caught, maybe we have a few schizophrenics and they need an account for each personality, who knows.

This....its so orchestrated and annoying, and all that nonsense in the corner when an oppo player tries to take a corner. Its not intimidating, because they are acting.
How can any Palace fan react to Eriksen with the "same" aggression as we gave Sol Campbell on his return to WHL...its fake, and its obvious.

Someone asked if I would rather have their atmosphere or ours. I would take the atmosphere we had against Chelsea every day over that plastic shit. Basically sang two songs for 90 minutes, and each one lasted half an hour.

Been mentioned in the thread that he was poor, and some people have noticed it in a few games.
He can be non existent, but pop up with a goal or a couple of assists, but when that doesnt happen, he just looks poor and a bit sloppy.
He needs to dictate that part of the pitch, not be a passenger, and should beef up a bit over the summer.

Very small and weak. Reminds me of Modric, but less cunning, and Modric was a master of holding off a player despite his size.

I really think Poch should have swapped him and Chadli over second half.
Lol, I know what you mean about the fake aggression with Eriksen, could see them getting worked up and initially wondered if he had given them the finger or something. But that said I do respect them for having a go re: atmosphere, ticket prices etc. I would rather have our atmosphere vs Chelsea too, any day, though it should be said it's a bigger game for us than Palace vs us is for them, and a better result too. I was looking forward to seeing what I made of HF but I just thought they were not as good as their own hype made out. I liked their 13.12 flag though.

The Eriksen thing is something I feel quite strongly about. He is the most talented outfield player in the squad IMO, which is why he gets excused for it, but if you watch him closely he bottles every tackle. He has even said it himself that he doesn't like tackling back. We excused Ginola for this but Eriksen is not yet at the Ginola level...and football has changed since then. I don't think he is not physically strong enough, I think he is scared of getting injured or hurt. Lennon is much smaller but gets stuck in. It can't be underestimated how important it is to have all your players willing to work hard without the ball, especially when using the pressing tactic, and especially in the kind of physical, aggressive game we had yesterday. It's true also, like you say, that he can be a passenger in games, not making his mark, and that was the case yesterday. He is easily worth his place in the team due to his ability to come up with a goal or pass out of nothing, but could be much better if he was less scared, IMO.

This....its so orchestrated and annoying, and all that nonsense in the corner when an oppo player tries to take a corner. Its not intimidating, because they are acting.
How can any Palace fan react to Eriksen with the "same" aggression as we gave Sol Campbell on his return to WHL...its fake, and its obvious.

Someone asked if I would rather have their atmosphere or ours. I would take the atmosphere we had against Chelsea every day over that plastic shit. Basically sang two songs for 90 minutes, and each one lasted half an hour.

Been mentioned in the thread that he was poor, and some people have noticed it in a few games.
He can be non existent, but pop up with a goal or a couple of assists, but when that doesnt happen, he just looks poor and a bit sloppy.
He needs to dictate that part of the pitch, not be a passenger, and should beef up a bit over the summer.

Very small and weak. Reminds me of Modric, but less cunning, and Modric was a master of holding off a player despite his size.

I really think Poch should have swapped him and Chadli over second half.

All our players bar Kane have weaknesses, eriksen as you say struggles in a fight, chadli can be anonymous some games and without mason and bentaleb we lack the fight In the middle.

I loved watching Kane score the goal from nowhere and then near beat 3-4 players later in the game to get an equaliser. Reminded me of bale in a good way and a bad way, good way as in how good he is becoming, bad as in 'one man team' could be the danger if we don't strengthen.

Who cares about multis or profiles? The content of a post is either interesting and worth the time spent on the Internet or it isn't. I don't care that much who the poster is. These witch hunts are so lame.

Last edited:
Southampton have just beaten United … the league is very open this year … I keep expecting Southampton to fade away but fair play to them. Losing yesterday was a blow, but at this moment in time we're still very much in the race to finish in the top 4.

Southampton have just beaten United … the league is very open this year … I keep expecting Southampton to fade away but fair play to them. Losing yesterday was a blow, but at this moment in time we're still very much in the race to finish in the top 4.
I don't think we're very much in the race, I think we're just about in the race.

Unless we buy some quality in the next three weeks, I'll think we'll be out of genuine top 4 contention by March.

I don't think we're very much in the race, I think we're just about in the race.

Unless we buy some quality in the next three weeks, I'll think we'll be out of genuine top 4 contention by March.

We're only 3 points off 4th mate, so wouldn't you say at this moment in time we're very much in the race? :adegrin:

I know where you're coming from though. We do need to strengthen, but as do Southampton and the Spammers if they're going to stay up the top end of the table.

Todays results have made yesterday even worse.

This squad needs to grow some bollocks and fast.

Todays results have made yesterday even worse.

This squad needs to grow some bollocks and fast.

They can't though, mason, Bentaleb, Kane, lloris have bollocks.

Soldado, paulinho, capoue, naughton, chirches, Townsend, lennon, ade, Kaboul and so on are either not good enough or not mentally tough enough.

Poch has shown me enough to make me believe in what he is trying to do but outside our first 11 we don't have the quality to implement it.

With the amount of games, african cup etc we can't play our first 11 all the time hence why we look a bit limp wristed when the likes of capoue and paulinho show up.

Back
Top Bottom