Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Worrying thing is, we've got a lot of games coming up in the next few days with almost 0 rest days and they already look spent.

Burnley, 2 rest days, Sunderland, 3 rest days, Sheffield. 3 games with only 5 days rest in between is going to ruin us. The replay especially was a terrible game to pick up. Just thankful our fixtures get easier in February

The games are well and truly stacking up and maybe yesterday it may have caught up with them after Christmas.
Although gutted myself I still feel our season there is all to play for as we won't be the only team to fuck up.
Yes we beat chelski and had a decent run but compared to what most of us were saying a few months ago it's still all to play for so hopefully we can kick on and get through January.
COYS.

Given the hundreds of replays on Walkers non-handball, why has there been literally NO replay or comment following this deliberate stamp on Lloris by Gale?

Quite right. I've no idea how people can say 100% that Walker did that deliberately- he had turned his back to track the runner. If it was deliberate, he must have peripheral vision like an owl. The stamp however, you see the cunt looking down as he put his foot in. Despicable behaviour.

Given the hundreds of replays on Walkers non-handball, why has there been literally NO replay or comment following this deliberate stamp on Lloris by Gale?

Looked pretty deliberate to me :llorisserious: Hugo's clearly going to get to the ball first and as a striker, you'd make an effort to avoid contact even if it means you fall over.

Who is their number 42, he seems to be claiming a penalty in that vine of Gayle just now?!

Gayle deliberately brings his foot down early, doesn't he

It's puncheon isn't it, surprise

Last edited:
I play twice a week and have done for over 20 years, The guy almost falls over trying to avoid stamping on Hugo

Looks to me like he brings his foot down unnaturally early. The jump he's in, I'd expect him to easily clear Lloris' head. I could be wrong of course but then I guess it shows why stuff like that doesn't get pulled up

Following our win over the Chelsea <removed>s we have reverted to our normal pattern. Half arsed, slow football.

Don't know why we can't get these types of games out of our DNA. Once 1-0 up go hell for leather for 2 or 3 nil & job done, but no. We fuck about & lose to Palace ! Fucking Palace ! So annoying

Hugo gets smashed virtually every game without being protected by the inept shitheads that are supposed to be officiating games. Thankfully the guy seems to have a head made of iron but it's fucking disgusting how many late elbows, kicks, shoves or stamps he's on the end of now without a single yellow or warning coming as a result. That's without even making a judgment call on the above vine

I don't hate the fact that we lost against Palace. I hate it, that our players just never seem confident of themselves. I haven't see the game live, but I probably know how it went: Alot of posession, poor first touches, few goal scoring opportunites and somehow just lost on the pitch.

Why can't our players just get their shit together and think: "We won against Chelsea 5-3, lets do this the same style!". We always look so nervous. I think, most players never believe in a win from the start off

I don't think so, I think we controlled the game in the first half and Palace were chasing shadows for the most part with 10 men behind the ball crowding us out. We deserved the lead when we got it but Palace got the penalty which changed the game. After that we camped on the edge of the Palace box for a while but Palace were confident now and pushed us back.

Palace had a couple of chances, sure, but that bullshit penalty thanks to a despicable dive changed the course of the game. Without that pen we win the game.

Sure we didn't play great, but we weren't shit either.

We can add Bentaleb to our growing list of players we can't do without it seems...

No....he's simply "Tims son", who only gets games to spite Holtby and change AVBs team for selfish reasons.

Please stick to the facts....thats why there are also threads every week slating Poch for not wearing a suit.

:avbshit:

Back
Top Bottom