Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The 90s isn't a fair reflection of that really. The defending was quite poor from all teams from what I remember.

It's no wonder were not in the top 4 though, they've got nearly 500 fapping goal difference over us! lol

Even liverpool, who are the only ones not to have won the league out of them

...and the inevitable signing of Mark Hughes as our manager after van Gaal goes to United.

I just threw up on the train..... Can you imagine if we get someone like Hughes in Lloris and vertonghen having to listen to him....

I start my Frank De Boer campaign in full again when Van Gaal goes to united

Corrected.

:levystare: "works best with limited transfer funds you say....."

Joking of course. I wouldn't mind Benitez though, if that were ever a possibility, as a back up.
Would Benitez leave a half decent Napoli side to come to us though? Granted that we do have some nice prospects in our squad but...yeah.

Would Benitez leave a half decent Napoli side to come to us though? Granted that we do have some nice prospects in our squad but...yeah.

Probably not. He loves the prem though, and the chance to do over the Chelsea and Liverpool fans who have unjustified hate for him...

Was looking at the Serie A table before, he's unlucky that the two teams above him have only lost once this season. His win rate is currently 58% in the league (57.7), so the table isn't doing his team justice.

Feel we should have got him when AVB was appointed.

Funny if he did come, as we would have a parody with Chelsea:

Appoint AVB -> Sack him mid season & replace with ex-player -> sack ex-player and appoint Benitez

Why does lennon cut the ball back to the pen spot whn Adebayor is rushing the keeper? Even if Ade can't reach it- can't a deflection off terrys shin pad go in? Bit like toure 3wks ago no?? Play it somewhere dangerous FFS.

Why does lennon cut the ball back to the pen spot whn Adebayor is rushing the keeper? Even if Ade can't reach it- can't a deflection off terrys shin pad go in? Bit like toure 3wks ago no?? Play it somewhere dangerous FFS.

Why does Adebayor rush the keeper when Lennon pulls the ball back to the pen spot every single time? Why have none of our strikers spotted this? Stay on the pen spot you'll get it served up on a plate

Why does Adebayor rush the keeper when Lennon pulls the ball back to the pen spot every single time? Why have none of our strikers spotted this? Stay on the pen spot you'll get it served up on a plate
make the defenders face their own goal. Stop pulling it back. We used to be able to get behind teams and fizz crosses in. We don't anymore. No wonder Soldados been anonymous. 85 goals in 3 years, 84 from inside the box, yet every time I look up, he's deeper than Dembele. Lennons cross yesterday goes backward- misses Ade- doesn't get us a corner- AND starts chelsea the other way. If you can't play it too Ade then whip it in somewhere dangerous.

I tink Soldado has adjusted his timing to suit the likes of Lennon who, for lack of a better similie, crosses like a frog jumps: u never know where its gonna end up.

Back
Top Bottom