Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (3rd December)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

that's because we don't "parking the bus" like these teams,we tried to play something ,but was just the first 15 minutes well ,Kane was almost to open the score in 2 chances,after that...just Chelsea on the pitch.

Well, we should park the fucking bus. We need to start thinking like a small club and playing like one if we want to go forward. You can't always attack and dominate and play stylish football. Chelsea won the Champions League like this.

I'm tired of people talking shit about a "Tottenham way" and then getting smashed by a big team. Park the bus, counter when you can and keep the score respectable.

Beating a top 4 team just once would give this squad so much balls and momentum to go forward. Instead we just get raped every single time and it ruins any momentum.

Smash Palace, nick a win at Besiktas, coast past Swansea, cruise through the quarters against Newcastle followed by a hard fought win over Burnley and an emphatic boxing day victory at Leicester.

Merry Christmas lads.

It is fucking embarrassing on here tonight. Our starting attacking line-up was Kane, 21; Lamela, 22; Eriksen, 22, Lennon, 27; Mason, 23; Bentaleb, 20. They were playing against one of the best 4 teams in Europe, and arguably the best defence in the world. Relax, people were talking about us going down a couple of weeks ago. The future is bright, the future is lillywhite.
Says the person whose avatar is Daniel Levy watching London burn?

Bully for them, then. 3-0 wins aren't exactly unprecedented. I struggle to follow your reasoning however that if we had put out our second 11 then we would be in any better of a situation.

Fair enough, no injuries so all good, but ultimately a bit of a waste. Mason looked shattered near the end though, still think he needs to be rested.

Well, we should park the fucking bus. We need to start thinking like a small club and playing like one if we want to go forward. You can't always attack and dominate and play stylish football. Chelsea won the Champions League like this.

I'm tired of people talking shit about a "Tottenham way" and then getting smashed by a big team. Park the bus, counter when you can and keep the score respectable.

Beating a top 4 team just once would give this squad so much balls and momentum to go forward. Instead we just get raped every single time and it ruins any momentum.

It is fucking embarrassing on here tonight. Our starting attacking line-up was Kane, 21; Lamela, 22; Eriksen, 22, Lennon, 27; Mason, 23; Bentaleb, 20. They were playing against one of the best 4 teams in Europe, and arguably the best defence in the world. Relax, people were talking about us going down a couple of weeks ago. The future is bright, the future is lillywhite.
+ Davies, 21.

I'd covered Remy anytime scorer thinking that it'd mean he wouldn't score.

So I won a bet, you'd think?

Nope, William Hill voided it because he didn't start. Cunts.

That was so easy for the Chavs

They did the same thing with us as we did vs Everton - 40% posession and defending low

I have this strange feeling though that they could have pressed high and won, they could have played any formation and won, they could have gotten two players sent off and still won

To me this is a bit like getting relegated - you simply understand that you don't belong at this level

And that hurts

I approached this game by not giving a shit about the result and only looking for a good performance, and that's exactly what I got. And I'm not at all the kind of person who tries to put a positive spin on every defeat, in fact I'm usually the guy who is trying to downplay the hype after a win. But tonight I'm honestly so proud of our Spurs. There were so many encouraging performances out there.
Fazio was solid and assured at the back. Bentaleb was fantastic in possession and passed the ball accurately all night. Eriksen worked hard yet again and didn't sulk for not being in his preferred position or whatever.
Kane was just.......magnificent...yet again; I love this boy. He has come out of nowhere to become the heart, soul and shining light of this team and gives so much in every match. He never stops running and fighting. And he isn't just passion and energy; he is a strong and intelligent player with good control, and someone who has a real sense of responsibility for his role in the team. And he does it all very naturally, without having some bullshit act or being a cunt. He should be the first name on the team sheet every week if he is fit.
Chadli and Paulinho both had good cameos, and Chadli should have started ahead of Lamela imo.
However Chiriches is a liability; I can see exactly the mistake he is going to make 5 seconds before he makes it, every time. I want to like him, I can appreciate the quality he has on the ball at times, and I hope he proves me wrong, but right now he just cannot be trusted in these kinds of games.

Overall, we played as well tonight as we did against Everton. It was just a different level of opposition we had to contend with this time. But I'm honestly not discouraged one bit, I'm actually looking forward to the next match and I cannot remember the last time I've felt this way about Spurs, because I can finally see us showing a distinct identity and style, and more importantly we are just starting to build. I feel that the manager has identified the players (mostly younger/smaller players) who he trusts the most to work hard in pressing and closing people down, in order to win the ball back higher up the pitch, then also be able to pass it fluently and counter-attack with speed. It's just a case of fine tuning the starting XI and continuing to practice this philosophy, and we could finally have a team with real direction and purpose.

I'd covered Remy anytime scorer thinking that it'd mean he wouldn't score.

So I won a bet, you'd think?

Nope, William Hill voided it because he didn't start. Cunts.

How much money you waste this week? Hopefully not much, was always a long shot.

Same again next week though :adebaehug:One day you're going to become a betting addict, one who is addicted to putting on losing bets

That was so easy for the Chavs

They did the same thing with us as we did vs Everton - 40% posession and defending low

I have this strange feeling though that they could have pressed high and won, they could have played any formation and won, they could have gotten two players sent off and still won

To me this is a bit like getting relegated - you simply understand that you don't belong at this level

And that hurts

But our level isn't to challenge to win the Premier League or the Champions League...

I would love it if we hadn't made those mistakes, that we made more chances and that we had more defensive rigidity and strength. The truth is their squad is probabably between £150-200m more expensive we can't compete with that and we have to build something with the nucleus of this squad.

I'm not too downhearted tonight, we are going to get better this season.

Back
Top Bottom