Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (3rd December)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really don't want to see Dembele start. We'll need to beable to hit these cunts fast on the counter and Dembele absolutely murders our counter attacks by dallying on the ball.
Is 'Dallying' some sort of traditional Belgian dish?

He goes past players like road signs and is strong like a bull - Bentaleb would get cock-slapped really badly between Ramires and Matic

Think that's why people have been saying play it because they fought so hard, personally I would play maybe Soldado first for 45 mins then Kane for the second 45 mins, basically one up top and have Stambouli or Dembele just to beef up the centre more and try and frustrate Chelsea, do what Mourinho does to other teams who are better than his team. Would love a point from this game, three would be even better.

Yeah I mean realistically the best thing to do would be to drop Soldado for another midfielder and play Kane up top alone. Kane is much more likely to create something from nothing, get on the end of a set piece, or do something on the break. But it is so hard to drop Soldado after the goal. Tough for Pochettino no doubt.

I don't think that the starting 11 should be changed, they played well and all deserved to be starting the big games on merit. I wouldn't be surprised if Mason or Bentaleb are taken out of the starting 11 due to fatigue/ recently coming back from injury. In that case bring in Stambouli to add some grit and discipline to the middle.

Is 'Dallying' some sort of traditional Belgian dish?

He goes past players like road signs and is strong like a bull - Bentaleb would get cock-slapped really badly between Ramires and Matic

Dembele has zero end product and fucks up our quick crisp passing. He's been part of plenty of midfields that have been ripped to shit these past 2 seasons by lesser teams than the chavs this go round.

and Dallying fyi is receiving the ball and not moving it on quick enough or intelligently which in turn breaks down your counter attack and lets the opposition get back in their defensive shape.

tactically Dembele is fucking woeful, easy on the eye at times when he skips past a player and heads straight down a blind alley

Yeah I mean realistically the best thing to do would be to drop Soldado for another midfielder and play Kane up top alone. Kane is much more likely to create something from nothing, get on the end of a set piece, or do something on the break. But it is so hard to drop Soldado after the goal. Tough for Pochettino no doubt.

Much as I like Kane and Bobby it's the team we have to think of and I bet Poch is willing to drop anyone for this game if he thinks it will give us a higher chance of success.

Unless Walker is fit, or someone who played yesterday isn't, I'd like to see the same line-up again. It worked, it felt pretty right, and it should give Chelsea the trouble right where it counts. Through Fabregas (most dribbled past player in the league), right at Matic, who's not the soundest, positionally. It may be a weak hope, but I think it's our best option, and I trust the guys from yesterday to do it at the moment far more than anyone else.

Much as I like Kane and Bobby it's the team we have to think of and I bet Poch is willing to drop anyone for this game if he thinks it will give us a higher chance of success.

It's gonna be a hard match to prepare for mainly because I can't see mourine putting out the same starting 11 3 times in a week. We'll I guess with Costa suspended that will be one obvious change for a start but the rest is anyones guess.

It's gonna be a hard match to prepare for mainly because I can't see mourine putting out the same starting 11 3 times in a week. We'll I guess with Costa suspended that will be one obvious change for a start but the rest is anyones guess.

Thats another reason why I'd like to have either Kane or Bobby on the bench, start off slightly defensive and pack the middle, work them out then bring on the fire power once we have an idea what Jose is up to.

We've got a big chance here to do these cunts if we just go for it. They've been playing alot of football lately with the same players and with their star striker out we can do them and shit all over their unbeaten run. It's gonna be fucking huge this match.

Personally I can't see how dropping our either of our 2 strikers who are working well together for any of our slow central midfielders is going to help us win/draw

It's not about not playing them just not starting, packing the midfield and frustrating them for 45-60 mins is the best way IMO, they don't have Costa as well, I just don't want us to do a Sherwood gun ho and loose early goals. Would like to keep Bentaleb and Mason in with their energy and maybe Stambouli or someone.

Anyone who is afraid of us playing "two up front" does not watch Kane (even Soldado somewhat) close enough. The young fella chased Barkley all the way back to his own box yesterday and is always willing to put himself about all over the park. If Poch told him to play at CB I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even care!

:pochsmirk:

I would like to see Chadli get a look in. At the expense of who, i don't know. Before yesterday i would have for sure put him above Lennon but clearly Lennon's been offering up something in training based on him being picked in the first place, and certainly delivered in spades yesterday so tough to drop him.

In the midfield, I really don't know if Bentaleb and Mason have the experience to stand up to Chelsea. I wonder if Stambouli shouldn't be in there, or maybe even Dembele just for his driving strength

Thats another reason why I'd like to have either Kane or Bobby on the bench, start off slightly defensive and pack the middle, work them out then bring on the fire power once we have an idea what Jose is up to.

Yeah but that's not how we operate, if we sit back and invite them onto us we could be 2 or 3 down in no time. We need to hit them hard and hit them fast especially if the special cunt rotates abit and they're not up to their usual high standard. I guess there's more than one way to skin a duck but this match has the makings of an upset to me.

If we play Dembele-Mason-Bentaleb, Stambouli-Mason-Bentaleb or Dembele-Mason-Bentaleb without both Kane and Soldado in the team we will be asking for trouble because Chelsea will know we offer very little threat going the other way. I've always thought the best form of defending is offering some sort of attacking threat and that's what we currently have going into this game. Taking that away from us peels us back to what is essentially a mismatch in midfield quality and we will go down without a whimper by 3 or more goals

Back
Top Bottom