Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had we played like this in the other games at Wembley this year. We'd have got through that group. Two stupid tackles killed us otherwise we'd have run away with it before hazard could get on. Must pick ourselves up and take out the frustration on palace and finish strong. Onto Wembley for next season. All these games there only helps
That's more like it young lady, onwards and upwards

Chelsea are a horrible club. A horrible example of humanity's worse sins. Built off the back of crooked money and sustained on the back of money conned from normal working people. the money pumped into the club to ensure no bullet is pumped into the club's owner. Anyone want to dispute this ? Show me the evidence and I will change my view point. Each and every trophy this mob win is tainted and always will be. If I am wrong prove it and I will apologise.

With each sub today they became more dislikable. With every goal a little bit of someone's soul departed the earth. Wankers win in life, let's hope something equalises in the next life.

Now To reflect on ourselves in return to my anger above is only right. My conclusion is there is a mental weakness. I don't know if this is from the boardroom down or not, but there is a sense and evidence that no matter who plays for us, we come up short. The margins are fine, but the proof is in the record books. It breaks my heart and I don't know how it will ever change. We have had big players, we have had great teams, we always have hope, but we are coming up short on the biggest stages too often for too long. I am So proud to be so improved, but how do I process that the best Spurs TEAM I have watched with my own eyes comes up short 4-2 against anti football wankers ? This feels worse than the 5-1 Semi because we are better than 4-2. We just don't seem to have the real anger needed to win. The real aggression.

To be more specific about today's game. A terrible start, again suggestive of something not being right in the heads, was harshly punished. Toby never fucks up, but did today. Lloris got it hopelessly wrong.... how come I am even typing that ?

We played well after 15/20 minutes. Did great to get back into the game. The Son penalty, well it was mad and he gave Moses the chance to cheat but he DIVED and Moses knows it and that cunt did jack all else all game. it was a gift penalty. Other than single fuck up Son actually did work well on the left I felt. However, at 2-2 we unraveled when the subs were made. Kevin was ineffective & Walker baffling ( was Davies injured ??? ) when Trippier was playing so well why bring on Walker ? That's where the game was lost, not enough real fire power to push Hazzard back.

I felt Matic would have been closed down if Victor had been on the pitch, but that's life. In the end the 2 goal Chelsea got they got from their coach being brave and having world class players to call on and Poch being unlucky and having a pretty week option from the bench. But it's 4-2. How the hell does it keep happening ? its not just today, it's 26 years now....I am not sure if the last Woolwich Semi Final defeat feel worse than this, certainly Pompey did not feel this bad. That was just laughable.

John Terry looked pleased at the end. I wish someone would castrate him, small mercy. We will never face him again in a Chelsea shirt.

Anyone fancy Palace away and Woolwich home next ? :pochfacepalm: Actually I do. We can still finish 2nd and you never know what twists could come. But imploding now will really break my heart.

I love Spurs. But our club needs some luck......Going back to my beer. I am rambling....

Chin up everyone. Tomorrow is another day.

Chavs has 36% possession . I know it means fuck all but it reeks of Leicester
No, it reeks of Mourinho and his legacy on the British Game - the originator of Park the Bus, a mentality that sums up every one of Chelsea's wins

And that is their legacy, a financially doped Leicester who only exist in the Abramovich era

We have a long hiatory, a great squad who, if you said to us when MoPo came in 3 years ago 'two title challenges and an FA Cup Semi built on a sustainable team' tell me who would say know

Hell, tell me who genuinely thought in August we would be where we are today? I sure as hell didn't

So many pessimistic fans on Twitter... Go support Sunderland, you'll expect to be shit every season and you won't be disappointed.

We aim high, and yes sometimes it hurts, but overall I just fcking love to watch this team, we may not win a trophy this season, but we're getting closer and closer. Let's be patient, and enjoy every minute of football this team plays, because it may not last forever

So many pessimistic fans on Twitter... Go support Sunderland, you'll expect to be shit every season and you won't be disappointed.

We aim high, and yes sometimes it hurts, but overall I just fcking love to watch this team, we may not win a trophy this season, but we're getting closer and closer. Let's be patient, and enjoy every minute of football this team plays, because it may not last forever

Twitter is the worst of the worst. I deleted it long ago and feel much better without that negative shite in my life.

Yep proud of the boys again, played very well. But I'm pretty fed up of being proud and losing when it really mattered again!

Was proud, of our performance in the cup final 2 years back, but we lost on the scoresheet comfortably. Same again today!

Eriksen and Dembele by far the best players on the pitch, as a team we controlled most the game, but we lost by two clear goals, against a team without some key players missing in the starting lineup.

One team clinical, one team unable to get over the line again. Absolutely gutted, walking back down Wembley way was pretty depressing.

Still believe this is a squad that will win trophies, just gutting because this was a great opportunity to start that movement. Can't really single anyone out, I didn't like the lineup but that's easy to say after a loss, poch is a genius and today just wasn't our day.. again!

Just hope to god after next weekend my mood has improved significantly.

Up the spurs!

Had we played like this in the other games at Wembley this year. We'd have got through that group. Two stupid tackles killed us otherwise we'd have run away with it before hazard could get on. Must pick ourselves up and take out the frustration on palace and finish strong. Onto Wembley for next season. All these games there only helps

We didn't lose today because of Wembley because it was a neutral venue. But we'll lose games next year because of it IMO because it will still be a neutral venue even when it's supposed to be our home because it's inherently neutral. The atmosphere is always crap there because the noise just disappears into the air. Every chant echos around like it's an indoor swimming pool.

It's an easy place to come and play for visiting teams, similar to the Olympic Stadium. Whether there's 50,000or 90,000 it feels like playing in an empty stadium.

If we go there next season we have to accept we have no chance of winning the league or even making top 4.

Waited until I had calmed down to write but the better team won on the day no question.

We had all the advantage in the starting eleven but failed to take control and they had the bench to assume command and they did.

Sure it's fine margins but 7 successive semi-final losses is an unwanted record and on the day we just made too many mistakes. Lack of experience is bo!!ocks if anyone has used it. We have to hold our nerve better than we did today.

Bottom line for me was that Luiz was outstanding and better on the day than our central 3. Alli again showed how incredible a player he is becoming and that our reliance on Kane is too great. We were good in the middle but at either end they won through.

We have a super 11/12 but we cannot change it for the better or maintain that standard if one or two players need replacing. Today they did and you saw the result.

Gutted but still immensely proud but we cannot keep falling short or the players and the manager will leave.

We didn't lose today because of Wembley because it was a neutral venue. But we'll lose games next year because of it IMO because it will still be a neutral venue even when it's supposed to be our home because it's inherently neutral. The atmosphere is always crap there because the noise just disappears into the air. Every chant echos around like it's an indoor swimming pool.

It's an easy place to come and play for visiting teams, similar to the Olympic Stadium. Whether there's 50,000or 90,000 it feels like playing in an empty stadium.

If we go there next season we have to accept we have no chance of winning the league or even making top 4.

Agree but what i mean is we at least looked more comfortable there. In all the other games before we hadn't played well. Today we did.. I don't accept we won't win the league or get top 4. It's harder at a neutral ground of course but am confident we can still get top 4 and make it our home at least for a season

I'll feel better about it eventually, but at the mo being the team who rightfully should have won is absolutely zero comfort at all. I just want us to fucking win for once.
You were much the better side and didn't deserve to lose, but if we're going to mug any side it might as well be your lot. I'm chuffed but very concerned about the run in. Unfortunately you have a great chance.

Just got back, and have crawled in to bed. Gutted. We didn't deserve to lose that. Hopefully the players will be able to pick themselves up for Wednesday as they've still got a league title to fight for.

:vdvcry:

We were the better team today, playing the better football, and the scoreline flattered them. We didn't deserve to lose today. But, I can't say that we deserved to win today either because we made a few defensive mistakes that cost us the game. Basically if you are a defensive, negative team like Chelsea then you will usually win if the other team make more mistakes than you in defense. That's what happened today really, which was unfortunate for us.

I am proud of the team though, we were good today, we largely dominated, we just need to learn from the experience and come back stronger.

Back
Top Bottom