Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea took all their chances and we did not. We were the better team, but they simply executed better when they had the opportunities.

Devastated, I really thought we were going to win up until that Matic strike. One of those games, hope City beats them in the final.

Still, I think we should feel confident about our form and continue our push for the title in the league. Just keep winning and hope Chelsea slip.

I'm not ashamed to be one-eyed about this, for once.

If the cards had been dished out to them when they should have been, they would have been playing with 10 men or we would have gotten through on goal several times. Shades of how Leicester got away with shit last year...

Plus

Interesting to note how the media totally ignores the penalty on Ali, not even replaying it to discuss it. 3-2 up at that point and would have been a very different ending.

They got lucky with Hazards' goal from their [only?] corner as well. Yes we shud have marked him, but of all the places the ball could have deflected to, it went right to the *only* man standing on the edge of a penalty area some 40 yards wide... The last freaky goal speaks for itself, and Kane's backwards spin shot says it all for me really.

So I'm proud of the lads,
how they ran most of the game
despite the emotions of losing Ugo
[now *that* was Spursy].
Probably explains our shaky start as well.
You could see how Poch was simply not himself today compared to usual, and he didnt even have to play...

I dont think Son's foul was even that important in the scheme of things. I still felt we could win right up until the freak 4th goal. Until Hazard scored it felt just like a matter of time till we did.

If it was a day to be picky I'd say that there were a few times that we could have moved the ball faster.
And yes the team selection wasn't great in terms of the LWH.
And yes if Poch had made sure that Janssen and GNK had had more game time when it was possible, instead of the last 2./3 mins once a month, then he would be able to trust them to do a job when it counts.

{I still feel that GNK has it in him to be MiniMane, and with his strong defending skills he would have then been a better choice to start there than Son, if one really couldnt trust Davies. Mind you with 3-5-2 I would have thought Verts etc would have covered Davies but there you go...}

But overall, I am stiill proud of them. I would so much rather be us, playing the way we do, then their style, as a finanically doped Leicester.

What worries me more is how this will affect them from here onwards. Gonna be an anxious wait till Weds to see if we crack up or crack on...

They took their chances but always hate losing to that utter cunt of a club. Footballing aids is what they are. I remember where they come from - a neo nazi / BNP fanbase that won the KGB Euromillions. Rotten from top to botttom. They've been more fortunate than most this season with no injuries.

The one good takeaway is that I think the boys will take out all their anger and frustration out on Palace so that should be fun to watch. Another 0-4 everybody?

It was a disgrace that their players were allowed to kick chunks out of ours for so much of the match. Just a couple of (deserved) yellows dished our would have taken that out of their game early on. The ref turned a blind eye to it for pretty much the whole game. Not saying it would have swung the result but still...

No, it reeks of Mourinho and his legacy on the British Game - the originator of Park the Bus, a mentality that sums up every one of Chelsea's wins

And that is their legacy, a financially doped Leicester who only exist in the Abramovich era

We have a long hiatory, a great squad who, if you said to us when MoPo came in 3 years ago 'two title challenges and an FA Cup Semi built on a sustainable team' tell me who would say know

Hell, tell me who genuinely thought in August we would be where we are today? I sure as hell didn't

As painful as it is to say but the " park the bus " quote originated from Mourhino by discribing us when we drew with them 0-0 years ago.

As painful as it is to say but the " park the bus " quote originated from Mourhino by discribing us when we drew with them 0-0 years ago.
But he was parking the bus for years before that at Porto and yes, even at the racist cunts

He used it as a means to try and shame teams from using his fucking tactic, or to deflect from criticism of his team doing the same thinf

But he was parking the bus for years before that at Porto and yes, even at the racist cunts

He used it as a means to try and shame teams from using his fucking tactic, or to deflect from criticism of his team doing the same thinf

Oh yeah , it's his style of play , more so theses days but I was just pointing out that the term that became so famous was him referring to us.

Today the chavs had little option but to do that as we outplayed them . Penned in seems more apt . Regardless, it's a horrible way to play football, for me anyway .

Oh yeah , it's his style of play , more so theses days but I was just pointing out that the term that became so famous was him referring to us.

Today the chavs had little option but to do that as we outplayed them . Penned in seems more apt . Regardless, it's a horrible way to play football, for me anyway .
Agree. It is anti football at its ultimate form.

Fuck em. Grown up with moments of glory, periods of nearly being there in the league in the 80s, and then the last 25 years, especially being in the ground week after week through the mid-late 90s.

Right now, this is not echoes of glory, but the sound of us fast approaching the sound barrier - we will be surrounded in the roar of glory soon with this lot, I truly truly believe

COYMFS

Gutted.

We played well but they always seem to get the break. Our record at this Wembley and theirs are polar opposite.

Lets do our best and hope results go our way for the title. It's a slim hope and either way it's been progress at least as far as the league is concerned but we have to start winning a trophy soon. The game is about glory after-all.

And hes still up to it, accusing Chelsea of being a defensive team.

Just got back from the game. What a rollercoaster - I genuinely thought we had them when Deli scored. Fair play, Luiz had a good game, they had a plan and executed it to perfection. It won't always work for them - it was a risk to sit deep and counter, saving their best players to bring on an hour in. But it worked for them.

I am just gutted that I had to see Terry's grinning mug again. I'll be glad to see the back of him when he pisses off to China.

In summary today, thought the team played well, eriksen star man, sometimes thems the breaks.

Onwards and upwards. COYS

Back
Top Bottom