Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any specific reasons why you hate Son and wish him being injured for the rest of the season?

Wouln't you figure that we could get something useful out of him in next 14 games instead of piling on to totally exhausted player in this one game? After he had to play freaking 11,5 hours of football in 23 days while being on international duty?
That is roughly the same as playing a full game for us with 3 days of rest between games... for 3 weeks in a row.

I personally don't hate him, and would want him to play as little as possible (up to 25 mins if needed; 0 if scoreline allows) in coming game, have then minimal training for next week and then starting in following 14 games.
Some really odd people on here.

Anyone else going into games this season just ridiculously nervous?

Like more nervous than they've ever felt heading into games in the past?

Nope you've got me there - how do you eat a sherbert fountain in a dish (diagram might help)?
rainbow snort GIF

Any specific reasons why you hate Son and wish him being injured for the rest of the season?

Wouln't you figure that we could get something useful out of him in next 14 games instead of piling on to totally exhausted player in this one game? After he had to play freaking 11,5 hours of football in 23 days while being on international duty?
That is roughly the same as playing a full game for us with 3 days of rest between games... for 3 weeks in a row.

I personally don't hate him, and would want him to play as little as possible (up to 25 mins if needed; 0 if scoreline allows) in coming game, have then minimal training for next week and then starting in following 14 games.

Wait, what?

Feel nervous before every game, me.

Think it's because for a long time, it feels like we're doing everything right, going in the right direction and a loss (even though it's not the end of the world) dents it slightly.

This season it's the most calmest I've been for a while, like during the NLD for example I was ridiculously calm because we played well and you can see what we were trying to fo, same for the game against City and Liverpool actually.

I guess for me it comes down to knowing that we are heading in the right direction and even if we lose we are heading in the right direction, I used to get apprehensive under Conte/Jose in big games because there's not much to look forward to and wondered where the next win would come from so before matches I was more nervous.

I don't normally do confidence before ANY game... But this one not only feels like one we MUST win, but also one we WILL win!

Shoot me down at 5pm tomorrow if I'm wrong, but we've GOT THIS!

COYMFS!

Google translate; (Come On You Mother Fuckin' Spurs!)

Mitoma likely back on the bench, otherwise they look fairly neutered in attack.

Most happy to see Adingra still away - seems like the X-factor type to dribble his way through and smash in a worldie winner.

On paper, we have the stronger team and better manager.

On the pitch, we've got a load of 'new-comers' and returnees who haven't played together a) ever or b) for a long while.

Brighton don't do things by halves. They'll either win/lose by high margins or 0-0 draw. They beat us at their place at Christmas.

I'm tethering my expectations.

5-2 Spurs.

On paper, we have the stronger team and better manager.

On the pitch, we've got a load of 'new-comers' and returnees who haven't played together a) ever or b) for a long while.

Brighton don't do things by halves. They'll either win/lose by high margins or 0-0 draw. They beat us at their place at Christmas.

I'm tethering my expectations.

5-2 Spurs.

A very good post. Absolutely spot on analysis.

De Zerbi is Klopp-light. A really aggressive manager, so zero chance of any inferiority complex, or of his team sitting back.

Not sure on this at all. Could easily go either way I feel.

We need to start to click for more of the time in our matches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom