Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

0450a7b321284ff28437cff8deec2223_cut_800x499_505.jpg

Tomorrow's the first day of the year of the dragon. Let's hope a win versus Brighton signals the start of a great lunar new year for THFC and TFC!

At the very least better luck with cards and injuries, please :ange-pray:

I know we all want to get back in the European Cup and host/travel to Madrid, Milan and so on, but at the same time I'm quite enjoying our sabbatical from continental competition.

The +/- week gap between games means you're really looking forward to Saturday (Friday, Sunday, Monday...) when the next match swings around.

I know we all want to get back in the European Cup and host/travel to Madrid, Milan and so on, but at the same time I'm quite enjoying our sabbatical from continental competition.

The +/- week gap between games means you're really looking forward to Saturday (Friday, Sunday, Monday...) when the next match swings around.
Yeah, never thought of it that way. Ange's PC today.
U21's on Spursplay later and tomorrow morn U18s...

For what? To tire them even more?

Or maybe... you know... put on a good runner to tire opposition out and then bring on lethal finisher when they already are tired? No?

Cause with Werner you don't get nearly as much of goal-threat than Sonny.
Werner's speed is perfect against a tiring backline. Sonny's our captain and best player - I'll be shocked if he isn't banging Ange's door down to start.

Think he will start Son.

------------------Vicario-------------------
Porro-----Romero----VDV-------Udogie
-----------------Bentancur-----------------
-----------Sarr------------Maddison------
---Kulu-------------------------------Son--
-----------------Richarlison----------------

Subs:
Forster, Dragovic, Emerson, Davies, Bissouma, Hojbjerg, Lo celso, Johnson, Werner

Any specific reasons why you hate Son and wish him being injured for the rest of the season?

Wouln't you figure that we could get something useful out of him in next 14 games instead of piling on to totally exhausted player in this one game? After he had to play freaking 11,5 hours of football in 23 days while being on international duty?
That is roughly the same as playing a full game for us with 3 days of rest between games... for 3 weeks in a row.

I personally don't hate him, and would want him to play as little as possible (up to 25 mins if needed; 0 if scoreline allows) in coming game, have then minimal training for next week and then starting in following 14 games.

Any specific reasons why you hate Son and wish him being injured for the rest of the season?

Wouln't you figure that we could get something useful out of him in next 14 games instead of piling on to totally exhausted player in this one game? After he had to play freaking 11,5 hours of football in 23 days while being on international duty?
That is roughly the same as playing a full game for us with 3 days of rest between games... for 3 weeks in a row.

I personally don't hate him, and would want him to play as little as possible (up to 25 mins if needed; 0 if scoreline allows) in coming game, have then minimal training for next week and then starting in following 14 games.

What a stupid first line. Grow up.

Werner's speed is perfect against a tiring backline. Sonny's our captain and best player - I'll be shocked if he isn't banging Ange's door down to start.

1) So.. what does the speed do? Run past players. For what? His own goal threat is pretty low.
2) Also his speed could help to tire out players... and then be able to bring on someone who could exploit this tiredness with good finishing ability.
3) I actually do not believe that Son and Werner pace is very different.
4) Well, we have a coach who makes decision. If player can say if he starts or not, it would be pretty bad sign. Coach with any kind of auhtority has to see the bigger picture and can say "Sit back down, I will not risk with starting you. Team needs you in the future." and that's that.

And I can plan more holidays
🤭

Know what you mean, but it sometimes means it feels like half a year between games!

Anyway, we're the mighty Tottenham Hotspur and we belong on the European Stage. More nights like the Ajax away, and beating Madrid please!

Know what you mean, but it sometimes means it feels like half a year between games!

Anyway, we're the mighty Tottenham Hotspur and we belong on the European Stage. More nights like the Ajax away, and beating Madrid please!
We've another fortnight long gap in the not too distant future due to Chelsea playing the Coca Cola Cup Final and I'm dreading it...

Not to mention an International break looming on the horizon.

:ange-hands-head:

I love it when the games are coming thick and fast, can't wait to be back in Europe whatever the competition.

Back
Top Bottom