Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (26th Dec) (12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He can but he won't. This is me just being realistic, not what I want to happen. I could see the worry etched on his face when he talked about getting Eriksen and Verts to stay.

:bentley:....Oh wait, you're serious?

Tell me more about this face-reading ability you're putting so much stock in.....

The money isn't going to be there to rebuild the team and he won't be able to cope with that.

You're playing the 'cynical predictions presented as fact' game again, mate.

....You're rapidly turning into a nay-saying, negative-nancy mystic meg.

Give it a chance for fucks sake. :pocheyes:

It's not my demand but it's what people are after.

That's football utopia; "want" and "expect"/"demand" aren't the same thing, but you seem happy enough to hold JM to task according to the desires of these 'others' you cite.

What exactly do you want....?

(Apart from maybe turning back the clock 18 months, retaining Poch and showering him with transfer funds which he may well have spent poorly anyway....)

That's football utopia; "want" and "expect"/"demand" aren't the same thing, but you seem happy enough to hold JM to task according to the desires of these 'others' you cite.

What exactly do you want....?

(Apart from maybe turning back the clock 18 months, retaining Poch and showering him with transfer funds which he may well have spent poorly anyway....)
To win some fucking trophies, 3 in a decade is reasonable, 1 in nearly 2 decades is shit.

To win some fucking trophies, 3 in a decade is reasonable, 1 in nearly 2 decades is shit.

Riiiiiight.....

..So you poo-pooing things from every available angle at the moment; that ties into that how exactly?

You're acting like you're oblivious to our recent climb up the league.

Riiiiiight.....

..So you poo-pooing things from every available angle at the moment; that ties into that how exactly?

You're acting like you're oblivious to our recent climb up the league.
I'm grounded. Yes we are climbing up the league still only 9 points ahead of 17th long way to go.

He can but he won't. This is me just being realistic, not what I want to happen. I could see the worry etched on his face when he talked about getting Eriksen and Verts to stay. The money isn't going to be there to rebuild the team and he won't be able to cope with that.
I think your reading too much into that we can lose both of the players you mention and actually get better. If you buy smart we won't even need to break Levy. I watched Lecister tonight and I cant believe we let them beat us. Ditto chelsea. If we buy just three players in the correct positions we are alive and kicking. The reality is our scouts and coaching team underachieving for 15 months killed us. The league is being distorted by a rampant Liverpool but everyone are very even.

The usual steaming pile of negativity ....

This is Poch's squad, the same squad that lost 3-0 to Brighton, the squad that at 1-0 down have folded over and over, with substitutions coming to late and making no difference ...

Still the same squad but if you can't see the difference Jose is having - earlier substitutions, actual tactical changes, WINNING games whilst clearly still lacking quality ... what are you watching?

This squad need changes we all know that, but when even a come from behind battling win just gets pages of negativity, what more do some of you want?

I'm grounded. Yes we are climbing up the league still only 9 points ahead of 17th long way to go.

Pfffff....

[You're] "poo-pooing things from every available angle at the moment".

9 points from 17th...... or 3 points from Top4?

You think the Chavs are harping on similarly with relation to their respective mere 12 point gap? Meh.

Your latest response is only proving my point.

I suppose you felt closer to "fucking trophies" at 14th before JM arrived...? :llorishuh:

Last edited:
Pfffff....

[You're] "poo-pooing things from every available angle at the moment".

9 points from 17th...... or 3 points from Top4?

You think the Chavs are harping on similarly with relation to their respective 12 point gap? Meh.

Your latest response is only proving my point.

I suppose you felt closer to "fucking trophies" at 14th before JM arrived...? :llorishuh:
Like I said I'm a realist, we could get top 4 or just as easily be midtable at the end of the season.

I don’t feel any closer to trophies since JM got here that's for sure.

Like I said I'm a realist, we could get top 4 or just as easily be midtable at the end of the season.

That's not being a realist. Every step, you're projecting the worst. That's pessimism.

I don’t feel any closer to trophies since JM got here that's for sure.

Thanks for proving my point yet again...

Whether it be points accumulated or % of games being won, we are essentially closer. Unless your point is that we don't need to win more games to reach such targets...?

That's not being a realist. Every step, you're projecting the worst. That's pessimism.

Whether it be points accumulated or % of games being won, we are essentially closer. Unless your point is that we don't need to win more games to reach such targets...?
Saying we could get top 4 isn't projecting the worst?

Closer to what? Top 4 is not a trophy.

Saying we could get top 4 isn't projecting the worst is it?

Saying we could get top 4 isn't projecting the worst?

['Disagreed' on the basis you're clearly choosing NOT to comprehend.]

What's happened to you man? .....Are you just sulking and pining for Poch?

Back
Top Bottom