Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quite nervous for this one - not worried that we'd lose but I just want us to get some early goals and put the game to bed early so we can go into 3rd ahead of our quarter final next week.

Bournemouth have put in a good shift against the top clubs this season. Played very well at home to City before being denied by a late controversial winner. Beat Woolwich at home. Smashed Chelsea away from home. They do have some players who can cause problems but I think we should be too strong for them

Right.... the mood is that WHOEVER is in our way, gets pushed OUT of our way.
Bournemouth, sorry, but YOU are in our way.
Prepare to be shoved very firmly out of our way... in our dead-eyed pursuit of VICTORY.

Juve did it, by fair means or foul... and THEY got away with it.

Prepare for the same 'dark' forces and punishment to be meted out on Sunday.

We've a point to prove and a statement to make.

To quote a famous line from Millwall's seminal 1970's album; "No one likes us":
".....we are eeeeeeeeeeevil!"

#NOMERCY

Mental

qyBkFUK.jpg

I'll take a repeat of this; 5-1 in 2015.

Quite nervous for this one - not worried that we'd lose but I just want us to get some early goals and put the game to bed early so we can go into 3rd ahead of our quarter final next week.

Bournemouth have put in a good shift against the top clubs this season. Played very well at home to City before being denied by a late controversial winner. Beat Woolwich at home. Smashed Chelsea away from home. They do have some players who can cause problems but I think we should be too strong for them

Just depends whether the players have got Wednesday out of their system.

I think anything less than a 2 goal lead at anytime in the match will make us all feel very nervy.

Because of yesterday's results, 17 points (giving us a total of 75 points) from our last 9 games will take some bettering for both Chelsea and Liverpool as they are still to play each other.

Winning today would psychologically be a very big statement.

Dembele will big the winning addition today. If he plays, which I'm sure he will, he will control the midfield like he often does.

It'll be interesting to see who plays in the 3 behind Kane. If Alli plays then he can find space off of Kane's movement, or he can create space for Eriksen to use. If we go with Son and Moura then we have a lot of pace to get in behind, but do we lose that goal threat? I know Son is more than capable, but Dele does so much for us. The media and rival fans just look for goals and assists, but Dele does a lot more than that.

Do think we'll play something similar:

Kane
Son - Eriksen - Lucas
Dembele - Wanyama
Rose - Vertonghen - Sanchez - Aurier
Lloris​

Do think we'll play something similar:

Kane
Son - Eriksen - Lucas
Dembele - Wanyama
Rose - Vertonghen - Sanchez - Aurier
Lloris​

I would very much like to see this team, however I think it will be Trips who gets the nod. Aurier has had a slight knock.

Dembele and Wanyama is a partnership we havent seen enough of yet, due to injury and form. It would be good to give Dier a bit of thinking time on the bench as he's had a couple of sub par performances and I think Wanyama is a bit more of a baller than him and an improvement overall once Big Vic is back up to speed.

Correct in dropping Dele. I think he learnt the other night that you can just waltz through a game and expect results against better opposition. Son and Lucas driving down the flanks will be good to see. Been a while since we had frightened anyone with pace and keeps the opposition guessing as we can switch our style up.

Looking forward to seeing Sanchez Vs. Defoe... he's in line to start apparently.

3-1 Spurs, after a shaky start.

I see they have Francis at right back and Smith at right midfield. Doubling up on Son.

I’d imagine Eriksen and Son may switch sides. Although if they do double on Son it’ll leave a lot of room for Rose to move into.

I think we have gone with the line up as the players want to get ack out there as soon as possible, which is a good sign. We have a lot of depth now, our bench is solid.

Back
Top Bottom