Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, I'm excited about Madrid. Did well against the last European Champions we faced.
Just never understood this rose eyed delusional back us at all costs mentality, I'll speak my mind and if I think we may lose I will say so, has nothing to do with getting behind the team, as soon as the whistle blows I'm backing them.

Just glad we're not playing them soon, City in this form would twat us so hopefully they lose that before we play them.

Twat us like they did last year when we ended their unstoppable run....???

Im not deluded.... Im being perfectly realistic.

Win lose or draw, its sad that you cant even envisage us being able to compete.

Last edited:
Twat us like they did last year when we ended their unsoppable run....???

I'm not sure I feel that confident about the Madrid games, but there is no team in this league we cannot beat including City as the are right now.

Spot on. Last season we played city, who were unstoppable at the time and we beat them.

City had a great win yesterday, but it's one performance, they are still shaky at the back and are not the world beaters some are making them out to be.

We will stop City in their tracks when we play them. Am absolutely certain of it. Don’t bet on spurs often, but will be having £25 quid on us to give them a mauling.

I'm not sure I feel that confident about the Madrid games, but there is no team in this league we cannot beat including City as the are right now.

Re: RM... Same again for me. I shan't underestimate them, but i have faith we can give them a game. I cant wait!

Last edited:
City don't worry me. Look at what we contended with against Dormund, who would have battered most Premier League teams playing like that.
City have had some good fortune in some of those games, and then teams have crumbled. Bournemouth gave them a real test and they needed some cheap tricks from Sir Pep to get loads of added time. Its extremely fine margins, had they drawn that maybe they wouldn't be on this type of run right now. One thing is for sure though... when we play them its right about when we start finding our most lethal form.

Re: RM... Same again for me. I shan't undetestimate them, but i have faith we can give them a game. I cant wait!
I think we can maybe get a couple of draws. Maybe even a famous win. But I just don't see us beating them twice. They're the best CL team in the world and our squad is s till pretty young and lacks the experience of the competition and foreign leagues so that's why I am hesitant. That said, I just enjoy the novelty of seeing us at the Bernabaú (although given that we have played then already in recent years I kinda wish it was the Nou Camp this time).

I will be glad to be wrong. Let's see what happens.
Last year doesn't matter either, and that applies to every match.

Yes, and despite the supposed “hoodoo” none of our performances have been flat out bad, even when we haven’t got a result. When you look at the way Chelsea played yesterday and the scum have in quite a few fixtures I do laugh that this narrative has been advanced by some fans and the media that we are/were totally shit at Wembley.
We are a decent side , the real deal. No doubt we would have won the PL last season if Chelsea also played in the CL. We have come on so far that , for me losing silly games is not on the agenda anymore.

We are a decent side , the real deal. No doubt we would have won the PL last season if Chelsea also played in the CL. We have come on so far that , for me losing silly games is not on the agenda anymore.
No such thing as a ‘silly’ game in the Premier League. While I agree that in order to win the title you have to be putting the weaker teams to bed, there’s a touch of fan entitlement and arrogance that treats any game in the PL as a walkover...and I think that it is particularly important to be aware of in a year when we are essentially playing 38 away games.

No such thing as a ‘silly’ game in the Premier League. While I agree that in order to win the title you have to be putting the weaker teams to bed, there’s a touch of fan entitlement and arrogance that treats any game in the PL as a walkover...and I think that it is particularly important to be aware of in a year when we are essentially playing 38 away games.
We should beat Bournemouth at home this weekend regardless of a CL game on Tues.

Yes you are right about the term 'silly games' I was wrong to generalise and it is disrespectful but, Im taking each game as they come and Bournemouth at home, at this moment of time, is a game we should win and did so. I never take a game for granted because anything can happen but we are playing with so much confidence that we can win games such as this. Its not entitlement, its where, I feel we are as a team-able to beat most. Two seasons we have shown a consistency at home against the lesser teams.

Does makes me wonder, Everton bought quite wisely as people are saying early before the season. They bought players with PL pedigree, Pickford, Keane, Siggy, Rooney, etc. Now they play like that.
Guess it dont always work having PL experience.

I will be glad to be wrong. Let's see what happens.
Last year doesn't matter either, and that applies to every match.

So if reference to ANY other match is worthless, prey tell, what exactly is your fear founded upon?

(Besides you seem perfectly happy to cite our past against BvB in ref to RM games in your prior reply..... Contradictory much?)

Like i say, grow a pair rather than piss your pants just cos City smashed a mediocre (at best) team...

So if reference to ANY other match is worthless, prey tell, what exactly is your fear founded upon?

(Besides you seem perfectly happy to cite our past against BvB in ref to RM games in your prior reply..... Contradictory much?)

Like i say, grow a pair rather than piss your pants just cos City smashed a mediocre (at best) team...
Never mentioned BvB but ok. Last seasons results don't matter as teams and squads change. I certainly am not assuming we'll batter Woolwich at home just because we did last season.
I mentioned we did alright the last time we played the European Champions (Inter) which was tongue in cheek anyway.

Anyway, as I've thought a few times on here there is a cultural difference in thought patterns, seems to me to be very English in this support us, and back us all the time ideology. Whereas here for a myriad of sports we're not afraid to say if we don't think we'll win a certain game. Let's see how accurate or otherwise that turns out to be...

Back
Top Bottom