Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont care how we perform as long as we keep getting results. Today wasn't as bad as some have suggested. We contain, controll, get our goal and minimise mistakes. All round a very good performance. Other teams seem to struggle with the CL / EL mixed week?
I agree I usually hate if we are only 1 goal up after 80 mins but it was not too bad and we really should have scored more.

Tony Gale is a twat in pretty much every respect.
What did he say?
I thought Sanchez was fine yesterday. He’s still settling in & looks a little uncomfortable at times, but he does the simple stuff well & will only get better. He also looks a very physically gifted athlete.

I agree I usually hate if we are only 1 goal up after 80 mins but it was not too bad and we really should have scored more.
One nil is always edgy stuff but teams as Bournemouth will always play to stop us scoring . Once we score we then set up mot to concede? I like to believe, this is where we are and need to be?

Those three points were massive. Don't care how we play. Teams who scrape 1-0's often win the league. We've played a lot better and dropped points. We drew 4 league games in a row around this time last season. Even if we can get 2 wins out of the next 3 league games, it will be a significant improvement on paper. At the moment we're only 1 point behind last year in the Premier League and doing better in the Champions League.

What did he say?
I thought Sanchez was fine yesterday. He’s still settling in & looks a little uncomfortable at times, but he does the simple stuff well & will only get better. He also looks a very physically gifted athlete.
That Sanchez can't pass the ball ... his pass completion yesterday was 97 per cent.
That Bournemouth should put King up against him because Sanchez would give away free kicks. He made 1 foul yesterday. And if King tried to run him I would be willing to bet he is the quickest of our defenders.

That Sanchez can't pass the ball ... his pass completion yesterday was 97 per cent.
That Bournemouth should put King up against him because Sanchez would give away free kicks. He made 1 foul yesterday. And if King tried to run him I would be willing to bet he is the quickest of our defenders.
Thanks. What a salty cunt he must have sounded.

Truth be told we were pretty comfortable throughout the second half. Not sure if it was the post-break effect or our lads having an eye on Tuesday or what, but it all felt very relaxed after we'd drawn their sting.

May not have been pretty but there isn't a trophy-winning club or national team in the world that hasn't owed a significant part of it success to winning like that when needed

It was funny when they kept comparing him to Toby and how much more accompilshed he was. Like it was a revelation that a 28 year old who has played in La Liga, World Cup, Euros and been in the PL for 3 years, is more steady than a 21 year old who has played 7 games in England.

Tony Gale is a twat in pretty much every respect.
I swapped to a Russian stream after 15 mins, partly because it was HD and the other was out of focus on full screen but also to get Tony Gale's incessant whining out of my head.
Fuck knows what the Soviets were saying but it was a shitload easier on the ear.

Not surprised that Sanchez's pass completion rate was good. He was keeping everything on the ground. Mainly short passes to others rather than something more positive. However there was a few very good penetrating passes further forward. He did not seem to want to cross the ball in the air and then out of the blue when he had space in front of him and I was shouting for him to cross it, he did.
Think it is just a lack of confidence and he will take more risks with his passes in time. Sissoko was like that last year but this year much more confident. As long as he defends well and does not lose the ball in dangerous situations I will be happy with him.

Meh. Grow a pair and get behind your team.

I assume you're shitting it about Tuesday too?
No, I'm excited about Madrid. Did well against the last European Champions we faced.
Just never understood this rose eyed delusional back us at all costs mentality, I'll speak my mind and if I think we may lose I will say so, has nothing to do with getting behind the team, as soon as the whistle blows I'm backing them.

Just glad we're not playing them soon, City in this form would twat us so hopefully they lose that before we play them.

Not surprised that Sanchez's pass completion rate was good. He was keeping everything on the ground. Mainly short passes to others rather than something more positive. However there was a few very good penetrating passes further forward. He did not seem to want to cross the ball in the air and then out of the blue when he had space in front of him and I was shouting for him to cross it, he did.
Think it is just a lack of confidence and he will take more risks with his passes in time. Sissoko was like that last year but this year much more confident. As long as he defends well and does not lose the ball in dangerous situations I will be happy with him.
He is keeping things simple whilst he gets used to a new team, new system & a new league in a new country. But he’s doing the simple things well. He is going to be a superstar for us. I can sense it
:tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom