Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finished the first half. This feels so much like your typical post International break game, where everyone is working to get back in sync after being away from each other and training with their respective national team for 1-2 weeks.

Not bad. Just clunky. Like the machinery needs a bit of oil. The more we play the more we will get back in our groove.

Looked worse because of so many empty seats being pitchside, too. Will give the unimaginative pundits more ammo than showing the wider angle shots of the game.
I went to this match and bought when on General Sale. At first when on General sale the whole first tier was sold out and only available tickets was at the back of the top tier. I then looked last week and there were some tickets available and bought in 102 which is just to the right of half way line and where all the spare seats were. These seats certainly were not available last week when I bought. There were lots of touts trying to sell tickets and they may have had these. I really do not understand why the club hold tickets back in the lower tier and fill the third tier. The same is happening for WBA, no available tier 1. I will await to see if they become available. I did not buy from ticket exchange and so not season ticket seats and yet loads of empty seats in my row.

I went to this match and bought when on General Sale. At first when on General sale the whole first tier was sold out and only available tickets was at the back of the top tier. I then looked last week and there were some tickets available and bought in 102 which is just to the right of half way line and where all the spare seats were. These seats certainly were not available last week when I bought. There were lots of touts trying to sell tickets and they may have had these. I really do not understand why the club hold tickets back in the lower tier and fill the third tier. The same is happening for WBA, no available tier 1. I will await to see if they become available. I did not buy from ticket exchange and so not season ticket seats and yet loads of empty seats in my row.
'Liked' for being informative (not praising the situation!). It sounds like an odd situation there. I wondered if people had opted for the cheaper seats in the upper tier/didn't want to sit right next to the pitch due to visibility, but it definitely sounds sketchier from what you've said.

I noticed a load of touts today which is nothing unusual I guess, but the cunts couldn’t have sold much. Warms the heart

Looking at the new stadium that
s coming along better atmosphere in there thats for sure!
From what i saw up in 523, there were a whole lot of families with young kids chilling out, plus tourists, and maybe a few Bournemouth fans making use of the general sale. Not a very active crowd really.
There was a guy sat next to me in a zipped up hoody, who didn't cheer when we scored... I thought he was a neutral until he strutted out the black and red stripes after half time :dembele:
Hopefully that won't happen at our new fortress :levystare:

Finished the first half. This feels so much like your typical post International break game, where everyone is working to get back in sync after being away from each other and training with their respective national team for 1-2 weeks.

Not bad. Just clunky. Like the machinery needs a bit of oil. The more we play the more we will get back in our groove.
Finished the game and yeah, this was your standard back from break game. All the pieces were there but time apart had made the team a bit rusty. We will get back in the swing of things.

Gutted for N'koudou. Hopefully he is not out long.

Sanchez is probably my MVP outside of Eriksen who scored. Alli was also good today, not his 100%, but a 70% Alli is still a mighty fine player. Sissoko had another solid run today and had he made the pass to GK earlier/lighter we might have had a 2-0 win.

Wow - lux.

Went out to see Withnail & l in a poly tunnel in Great Missenden. Decent bar, but we were enconsed in a Yurt beforehand.

Driving back (now I’ve got a signal) Livescore informs me that the mighty ‘Orns have duffed up the scum 2-1.

Which made my day.

Last edited:
I dont care how we perform as long as we keep getting results. Today wasn't as bad as some have suggested. We contain, controll, get our goal and minimise mistakes. All round a very good performance. Other teams seem to struggle with the CL / EL mixed week?

Switched my opinion? I've always said Sanchez looks rough around the edges. I said it against Huddersfield too when he was lucky to get away with conceding a stone wall penalty.

His passing is a little off and his timing in tackles and heading clearly needs work but he has the tools and he's going to be learning from two of the best.
You’re a joke

Switched my opinion? I've always said Sanchez looks rough around the edges. I said it against Huddersfield too when he was lucky to get away with conceding a stone wall penalty.

His passing is a little off and his timing in tackles and heading clearly needs work but he has the tools and he's going to be learning from two of the best.
He is good enough to be first choice for Poch every week since he has signed, that tells me everything!

I dont care how we perform as long as we keep getting results. Today wasn't as bad as some have suggested. We contain, controll, get our goal and minimise mistakes. All round a very good performance. Other teams seem to struggle with the CL / EL mixed week?
Yes, and despite the supposed “hoodoo” none of our performances have been flat out bad, even when we haven’t got a result. When you look at the way Chelsea played yesterday and the scum have in quite a few fixtures I do laugh that this narrative has been advanced by some fans and the media that we are/were totally shit at Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom