Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are only 4 games left in the Eredivisie and the penultimate game of their season comes on the 28th April so they may know by then whether or not they are league winners.

Probably a HUGE advantage to them knowing that by that time, they could simply rest all of their players for the first leg and then they have a 10 days rest between the first leg and the second leg as no league game in between. Their final league game coming 4 days after the second leg.

Either way, they have a huge advantage in terms of rest.

Whereas we have a London derby with West Ham 3 days before the first leg (after playing 3 days in 7 days) and then we have to fit Bournemouth in between each leg.

Bet Ajax fans will love seeing 4 of their former players ( including former captain I think) lining up against them - Eriksen Vertonghen Aldereireld and Sanchez ! possibly a good time to do some scouting for Spurs as well.

1*UbVPaQDUT5NYGAR4FEP_yQ.jpeg

479a284bb4e6d8b2efea227b878bef4f.jpg

Given recent experiences with the wheel of death, I'm not confident about getting tickets for this one. I remember the queue for the physical ticket office for the Real Madrid QF back in 2011. There was a huge line at 7am and some people had camped through the night!

Going to be a 5 browser job isn't it? :)

Both English teams have a potential problem before the 2nd match day.

We are due to play in the league Monday night and Liverpool are scheduled for the 430pm Sunday afternoon fixture ahead of the dates for the second leg. So surely they can’t make them play Tuesday and then us Wednesday in the CL.

If both teams have to play in the league 48 hours before a CL semi final 2nd leg that is absolutely ridiculous.

Especially as both teams are away in their league matches. Although Liverpool play CL at home 2nd leg.

Before the first leg they play Friday night and we play Saturday lunchtime so that helps.

But TV schedule has made a pigs ear of this for the return leg.

They really need to reschedule the Bournemouth game to Saturday lunchtime........ which means we could play second leg Tuesday so first leg would be Wednesday.

Imagine 48 hours to travel to Bournemouth and Amsterdam, and rest and prepare. Crazy scenario.
And that’s just the fans I’m talking about!
You could swim from Bournemouth to Amsterdam in 48 hrs easy

It's a shame Vinny Janssen wasn't included in the 25 man squad. Might have been of some use in the first leg at least with Son out

But it's ok we have Fernando

Back
Top Bottom