Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Neither the Ticket Exchange nor Ticket Share platforms will be in operation for this fixture"

Are you kidding me? Totally gutted! Was planning on using my old man's season ticket.

If he isn't that old (I mean on a concession ticket) then just use it. No one will notice or care, especially if you log in as him on the app.

Edit: Or what SpursUltra posted while I was writing this.

There are only 4 games left in the Eredivisie and the penultimate game of their season comes on the 28th April so they may know by then whether or not they are league winners.

Probably a HUGE advantage to them knowing that by that time, they could simply rest all of their players for the first leg and then they have a 10 days rest between the first leg and the second leg as no league game in between. Their final league game coming 4 days after the second leg.

Either way, they have a huge advantage in terms of rest.

Whereas we have a London derby with West Ham 3 days before the first leg (after playing 3 days in 7 days) and then we have to fit Bournemouth in between each leg.
All true. But then we play in a more demanding, better league, which makes all of us better. Their league is shit and Ajax come good every generation or so when a bunch of ace kids happen to come together.

If you want to look at it that way. They’ve also put away Bayern, Real Madrid and Juventus so yeah, it’s a test.

All true. But then we play in a more demanding, better league, which makes all of us better. Their league is shit and Ajax come good every generation or so when a bunch of ace kids happen to come together.

If you want to look at it that way. They’ve also put away Bayern, Real Madrid and Juventus so yeah, it’s a test.

Meh. Roma put away Chelsea and Barcelona last season and beat Liverpool too.

It'll be tough, sure.

Meh. Roma put away Chelsea and Barcelona last season and beat Liverpool too.

It'll be tough, sure.
Yeah, it’s all a bit meaningless and it’s also an emotional, form-based game. Unlike cycling or whatever, which is purely physical, playing an extra game isn’t always a bad thing. Croatia should have been knackered against England last World Cup, kinda breezed past us.

Said it already but I’m confident we’ll do them at the Lane. We’ll also get a goal in Amsterdam and then it’s all over. They don’t carry anything like the attacking potency City do (nobody does). Key for me is a fully fit Sissoko, Wanyama and Winks.

Yeah, it’s all a bit meaningless and it’s also an emotional, form-based game. Unlike cycling or whatever, which is purely physical, playing an extra game isn’t always a bad thing. Croatia should have been knackered against England last World Cup, kinda breezed past us.

Said it already but I’m confident we’ll do them at the Lane. We’ll also get a goal in Amsterdam and then it’s all over. They don’t carry anything like the attacking potency City do (nobody does). Key for me is a fully Sissoko, Wanyama and Winks.

Exactly.

We've just beaten arguably the best team in the world (who had a full strength squad), a team that arguably play the best football in Europe and we were without two key players in Kane and Winks and missed one of our players of the season half way through the game. And we knocked them out.

Ajax play great football. They've scalped some great teams full of great players and will be tough. But fuck me, we shouldn't be fearing fucking anyone after what we just witnessed.

We seem to be better when we play twice a week. Unfortunately when we had that three week break, we looked ring-rusty when we played again. Hoping we can patch up Tiddly and Moussa and not pick up any more injuries, luck definitely hasn't been on our side this year with regards to injuries.

Back
Top Bottom