Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty amazing isn't it. The whole league gets behind its clubs if they progress to the latter stages of a European competition. Absolutely unheard of elsewhere
Is that not fixing an unfair advantage to win uefa games if not every league does it?!
Should be for every league or none at all due to the enormity of the CL!!
I know money and tv money etc come into it but fuck me-imagine getting the weekend off before a big semi in europe!

Is that not fixing an unfair advantage to win uefa games if not every league does it?!
Should be for every league or none at all due to the enormity of the CL!!
I know money and tv money etc come into it but fuck me-imagine getting the weekend off before a big semi in europe!
It's good and bad...... We were at our best this season when Kane was injured and we were playing games every 3 days.... We looked good and were playing well....... We then had a big rest and played shite for a couple of games, then another big rest and then more shite.

Contrary to popular belief this team seems to play well when you flog the life out of them.

Very excited about Moura's form and Llorente, well, I'm not despondent about the prospect of him featuring given his obvious hunger for the fight.
Personally I'm nervous at the prospect of a Kane and Sonny absent Spurs line-up. Moura is such a flakey guy, awesome one day and totally missing the next. We know what Llorente brings, but will it be enough, especially if Moura isn't on song?

It's good and bad...... We were at our best this season when Kane was injured and we were playing games every 3 days.... We looked good and were playing well....... We then had a big rest and played shite for a couple of games, then another big rest and then more shite.

Contrary to popular belief this team seems to play well when you flog the life out of them.

That's because they are used to having been flogged into the ground from the poch double training sessions

Any ideas for how to get tickets if unable to from the Club? Wife and I are thinking about making the trip.

Given that the official club ticket exchange will not be operating for this match I don't think you have much chance apart from one of the club's (VERY expensive) premium offerings.

Pretty amazing isn't it. The whole league gets behind its clubs if they progress to the latter stages of a European competition. Absolutely unheard of elsewhere

Don't get it wrong, there are about 4 or 5 clubs who don't have a problem with this decision. All the other clubs are complaining and don't want this to go through. But Ajax would have played on Sunday against De Graafschap and Tuesday against Spurs, which isn't according to the UEFA regulation. So that match couldn't go through and the KNVB wants the last 2 rounds all at the same time.

Bit pissed off Sonny is banned for the 1st leg and it’s just typical Spurs bad luck, but with our new found confidence at our wonderful stadium, I honestly think the crowd will hype any player that starts for us that game. We still have Lucas, Eriksen , Ali and even Llorente who can hurt them if need be. If we can get a similar sort of result like the City game, 1-0 or 2-0 and take a clean sheet back to Amsterdam, I am fully confident we can unleash Sonny in the 2nd leg and get the away goal to put us through. Very confident we are going to make the final, unbelievable really.

Bit pissed off Sonny is banned for the 1st leg and it’s just typical Spurs bad luck, but with our new found confidence at our wonderful stadium, I honestly think the crowd will hype any player that starts for us that game. We still have Lucas, Eriksen , Ali and even Llorente who can hurt them if need be. If we can get a similar sort of result like the City game, 1-0 or 2-0 and take a clean sheet back to Amsterdam, I am fully confident we can unleash Sonny in the 2nd leg and get the away goal to put us through. Very confident we are going to make the final, unbelievable really.

Shows how important son is now.

Kane is a distant thought

Nope, not even much of a drinker (only ever been falling-down drunk twice in my life). Told you, really boring!
Well Mrs P as someone who is completely the opposite (I’ve spent most of my days under the influence of something or another). If you are curious about the kind of euphoria you can achieve from drugs. The feeling after the after the final whistle at the Etihad on Wednesday tops them all.

In other words the ups and downs of supporting our beautiful club is probably the most dangerous drug of them all. :pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom