Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just thinking aloud... but its a shame that those who attended Brighton weren't able to purchase a ticket inside the ground...

appreciate its logistical nightmare but many years ago I went to anon-league fixture that the hosts were selling tickets for their upcoming FA Cup tie... a crowd record of 8,000 odd turned up.

Hotspur+ membership is a fucking rip off for sure though. Will be having basic membership next year.

Yup, unless they increase the quota for early release then it's simply not worth it. Let's face it, most of us have the + for the big games as the smaller fixtures aren't likely to be an issue anyway.

God knows why I've still got 4 doughnuts on the go, but it's one of those where you need to see it with your own eyes before you can let go ^^

I'm absolutely gutted to miss out on this one!

I guess I was lucky to get to go to the 1st Prem and 1st UCL games there where others didn't even get a sniff (at least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't cry at work)

:vdvcry:

To everyone going, enjoy and COYS!

The whole system is a joke. Thousands jumped the ST queue (which I've been on for 10 years) because they were happy to pay for a ST to Wembley. Then you've got a stadium which holds 25000 more people but there's the same amount or fewer tickets for members (around 7k at present) despite having 160k members apparently. You have a + membership which offers you fuck all - I've never once got a ticket on the priority day. There's also the option to purchase a membership once you're in the ticket page ffs - anyone can get one any time. Finally, no loyalty. I amassed hundreds of points as a member, doing away trips to horrible grounds all over the place 7-10 years ago when I was old enough to afford my own tickets etc. Even now I'm at the shitty home games such as Huddersfield but it means nothing because anyone can rock up for Ajax. Fuck off Spurs.

For once I think LP / Ticket points should be included, they would for FA Cup SF at Wembley would they not? There is an understanding that LP will be used for Finals & SF - I don't think they should for other games.

If it really is such a lottery, what's wrong with giving people a day or two so request tickets and then do a lottery ballot - at least this way you don't need to jump through these hoops, although it may be a bit difficult to administer (if you want PL but there is one in shelf or if you want a cheaper one but there is more expensive)

Disgrace of a system. As I mentioned before, please do report your experiences to [email protected] or raise with the THST as this has been broken for many seasons now. I reckon I've wasted 12 hours starting at doughnuts over the last few weeks and I can't even eat them.

I've literally just sent an email. Expecting a stock response but it's not acceptable to have so many peoples time wasted with a system that doesn't reward loyalty and that doesn't seem to have any form of queue. It's a complete lottery and if that's the way they want it to be, then why not make it a ballot? Saves staring at a screen for hours.

For once I think LP / Ticket points should be included, they would for FA Cup SF at Wembley would they not? There is an understanding that LP will be used for Finals & SF - I don't think they should for other games.

If it really is such a lottery, what's wrong with giving people a day or two so request tickets and then do a lottery ballot - at least this way you don't need to jump through these hoops, although it may be a bit difficult to administer (if you want PL but there is one in shelf or if you want a cheaper one but there is more expensive)
They don't even have to do it with a ballot - they could do it with staggered ticket buying windows. For example:
  • 10-11 am, window for members with 400+ points. 40% of available seats on sale, spread evenly around the ground
  • 11-12, window for members with 300+ points. Another 20% of available seats on sale
  • 12-1 pm, window for members with 150+ points. Another 20% of available seats on sale
  • 1-2 pm, window for all members. The last 20% of available seats on sale
That way everyone gets a chance at a ticket, but those with high points get a much better chance at them and also a chance at the more desirable blocks. And if you want to try to get a ticket with a mate who's in a different window you can wait until the later window to do so.

They don't even have to do it with a ballot - they could do it with staggered ticket buying windows. For example:
  • 10-11 am, window for members with 400+ points. 40% of available seats on sale, spread evenly around the ground
  • 11-12, window for members with 300+ points. Another 20% of available seats on sale
  • 12-1 pm, window for members with 150+ points. Another 20% of available seats on sale
That way everyone gets a chance at a ticket, but those with high points get a much better chance at them and also a chance at the more desirable blocks.
Most games I disagree (SF LP should be included) - I don't think LP should be included as its a closed shop.

That way everyone gets a chance at a ticket, but those with high points get a much better chance at them and also a chance at the more desirable blocks. And if you want to try to get a ticket with a mate who's in a different window you can wait until the later window to do so.

That would make so much more sense actually

Most games I disagree (SF LP should be included) - I don't think LP should be included as its a closed shop.
Yeah I wouldn't do it for most matches. But for category A matches and huge cup games it makes sense, and it wouldn't be a completely closed shop as all members would still get a shot at a ticket even if they have zero points.

Also the actual points awarded for buying a ticket should be changed so that you get zero points added for attending one of the really desirable matches (case in point Woolwich away in the League Cup where 2 points were awarded, despite it being a £10 ticket against our biggest rivals only down the road - not much loyalty needed to drag yourself to that one!)

Email sent to the club:

Hi,

I wondered if you could please explain how the online ticketing system works?
When visiting the website to buy tickets I've always got on to the site anything between half an hour to an hour early, and have found myself in what is described as a queue. As you'll know, we're presented with a ring that shows the percentage that allegedly represents our position in said queue, yet sometimes this percentage will jump up or down in large chunks, or will stay in the same position for half an hour or more, or will load very quickly.
Today, the ring on the page I have open in the (failed, apparently) attempt to purchase an Ajax home ticket has been stuck on 75% for 45 minutes, which is obviously absolute rubbish.
On a previous occasion, when more desperate for a ticket for the Palace game, I had various windows open on different browsers on numerous devices, yet it was the browser on my mobile, opened much later than the others, that got through.
For the West Ham game, I opened another tab on a browser after 10am and got through with that one, but the others that I opened at differing times before that one did not finish loading until all tickets had gone.
I fully appreciate that I will not always be successful as demand is clearly very great right now, but transparency as to how the system genuinely functions would go some way to appeasing us fans that have been going through this process every week.
If the percentage shown by the ring is completely meaningless, and that people are just allowed through randomly to purchase tickets, please just say that. If it works some other way, please just say that. Hiding behind a fictitious queue that lets those that join later in before those that were already in line is just making people angry and resentful. There is currently a lot of goodwill around the fan base at the moment, and with the sheer numbers wanting to go to games it must be easy to be complacent about this, but it won't have to continue in this way for too long before those fans that have been attending for decades start to feel that they're not the ones that you want attending in the future. In many cases, based on the supporters forum that I post on, this has already happened.
I look forward to my standard, semi automated and impersonal response
Best Regards,

xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
Client Ref xxxxxxxx

Yeah I wouldn't do it for most matches. But for category A matches and huge cup games it makes sense, and it wouldn't be a completely closed shop as all members would still get a shot at a ticket even if they have zero points.

Also the actual points awarded for buying a ticket should be changed so that you get zero points added for attending one of the really desirable matches (case in point Woolwich away in the League Cup where 2 points were awarded, despite it being a £10 ticket against our biggest rivals only down the road - not much loyalty needed to drag yourself to that one!)
I see your point, I don't agree with it. LP have never (rarely) been used this way and nor should they in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom