Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You dont think Im entitled to support Spurs because I live In another country?

Ive lived trough all the agony from George Graham, and Christian Gross to Andy Booth and Rasiak. Watch every game, and listen to every episode of the fighting cock. I certainly feel like a fan but im sorry I dont live in London.
Raimond, if you get to the ground early come have a pint in the coach and horses ..it will be busy from around 4pm..you'll be welcomed by all..

I think you are entitled to support any team you want and live anywhere you like, that is not the gripe.

The gripe is you have never been to see a game and yet you got a ticket for the semi and then thought it wise to join a forum to brag about it.

That was/is a dick move.

Like I said enjoy the half and half scarf, mate.
Think you’re being a bit harsh here. I understand people’s frustration with not getting tickets, but we’ve all had our first time at WHL. We’ve all got to start somewhere. He’s lucky to get a ticket maybe, but damn right that he should be excited IMHO. His excitement reminds me of how I felt when I got a semi final ticket in 1991, having only been going to a few matches for just over a year.

"Loyalty" points eh.....?

:llorishuh:

...What utter horseshit!

(No beef with whoever scored one btw; enjoy!.... System stinks is all.)

I think I'm in the last row of 523, but just happy to be in the stadium!

Has anyone sat up there? How's atmosphere been? (upper Shelf, closer to Paxton side)

Ajax worry me. Especially without some of our key men. It's going to take a massive team effort to contain their vibrant style.
For me this is really about chapters 1 and 2. The first leg is about setting the scene for the match in Amsterdam.

Both teams could also have their main focus slightly more on the last match (Ajax have home advantage and we have Son and Sissoko back).

I would be very surprised if the first game ends in 2 (or more) goal difference win/loss

I sent a complaint in couple weeks ago; received the usual bullshit corporate reply. But, if enough people complain and the supporters trust get involved, maybe something will get sorted.
The trust??
c032ba2ed89504065671081dee6e24f5.gif

Ajax worry me. Especially without some of our key men. It's going to take a massive team effort to contain their vibrant style.

The thing is that they're like City under Guardiola and Chelsea under Sarri. We absolutely know exactly how they will play, and we can plan for it, as we've done with varying degrees of success against the aforementioned teams. But they are not entirely sure how we'll play as Poch isn't absolutely nothing wedded to one particular formation or tactic.

Wow, we are in a CL SF.

That's glorious.

And we have got a good chance of getting to the final.

This is, quite frankly, all very mind blowing.

Enjoy the ride.

Yeah it’s insane how we got here. Played Man City, Milan, Barcelona, PSV, and Dortmund twice. With 0 transfers in 2 windows and Kane missing half the season...we are still 3rd in PL and have reached the CL semis. Unforgettable season for me

You dont think Im entitled to support Spurs because I live In another country?

Ive lived trough all the agony from George Graham, and Christian Gross to Andy Booth and Rasiak. Watch every game, and listen to every episode of the fighting cock. I certainly feel like a fan but im sorry I dont live in London.
I live in Washington and travel to Spurs, many times a season, you have the time of your life next week for the Ajax game, you deserve it.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s insane how we got here. Played Man City, Milan, Barcelona, PSV, and Dortmund twice. With 0 transfers in 2 windows and Kane missing half the season...we are still 3rd in PL and have reached the CL semis. Unforgettable season for me
And the semis of the league cup having dumped Woolwich out in their own back yard.
It has certainly been unforgettable.
As always with Spurs, lots of bumps along the way but it’s the ride of a lifetime right now.

This is Dele's time to shine. Show us what you are about

If there was ever a time we could do with hearing positive injury updates regarding Winks & Lamela it's over the next few days.

An attack consisting of Eriksen, Dele, Lamela & Lucas with Winks in midfield is far more appealing than it looks if we have to go with Llorente up top against a vibrant, energetic team. The one thing I don't think we want to see is cumbersome play against an Ajax team that closes down space and passes quickly.

Back
Top Bottom