Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I got very lucky today but Its terribly wrong.. you might be a + member but all that seems to get you is a bunfight for tickets with every other + member!.. it should really go down to loyalty points.

I sort of agree. My gripe is that 1,000 tickets go to one hotspur members today, with 6,000 going on sale tomorrow. You have to be incredibly lucky to get one today (fair play to those that were). I suppose if the allocation was the other way around you'd have a lot more plus members and the scamble for tickets would be similar.

Also I just know that somebody who is a 'normal' member tomorrow and has been to around 3 games in 5 years is going to get a ticket at the expense of somebody who has been to a hell of a lot more. That is what really grates.

But then you'd get the ones with the most loyalty points always getting the tickets and then in turn getting more loyalty points - which means those with no loyalty points would never get the chance.

And it wouldn't make Spurs loads of cash like the "priority memberships".

They'd have to have a decent system for the membership points so that if you turn up to the Brighton game on a wet Tuesday night you earn more points than if you go to Liverpool at home on a Saturday 3 o clock.

That's the real loyalty

Of course it could be fine tuned further but i don't see that there's a fairer basis.

Cat A = 1LP
Cat B = 2LP
Cat C = 3LP

If u prefer....

I think the season ticket list being attached to OH+ membership is a bit silly. They should have a separate waiting list. I also think they should limit the OH+ level to the number of available tickets (7,000?) so that you are guaranteed a ticket should you want one. You would then have to have another waiting list for OH+ membership. Maybe OH members could then apply for any left overs via a ballot.

Not sure if this would be any better than the current system, but I do know the current system is rubbish. Although I suppose if you've got 170,000 members dropping money every year on the off chance of getting one of 7,000 tickets then why would the club be worrying about their fans clients.

All tickets are subject to availability and sold on a first come first served basis. In order to be fair across the board and to give members an equal chance of attending one of our home games we have adopted this approach. All One Hotspur members will continue to earn ticketing points for games attended, which will be utilised in the event of ticket availability where the Club is participating in a Cup Semi-Final/Final. We have a loyal and growing fan base and demand for tickets will inevitably far outreach supply.
I thought this was a Cup Semi-Final...?
Shouldn't the points system be utilised for exactly this event?

Of course the world and his wife (and next-door's cat) want to go... but some of us have been waiting a lifetime to attend a European Cup Semi-Final (old school reference, kids) ...yet seemingly have the same chance as someone who rocked up last month with their brand new membership card, half-and-half scarf and a selfie-stick!

Dare I say it (and i'm not necessarily including myself here) but sometimes, just sometimes some fans actually deserve to be in attendance at certain games more than others!

...still, there's always tomorraaaa!

Block 252 row 6 come onnnnnn. First proper game I’ve managed to get tickets for at the new place, wheel of death seems to be completely random, I got in straight away this time

I guess the reality is that the system isn't designed with fairness as its lead goal which is to make money. Why would the club change what is likely making them maximum amount of money than it has for a very long time.

It's a ridiculously unfair system. Feel sorry for those who were queuing from 9am without a sniff who missed out to those who logged on at 10 and got in straight away.

I got lucky today but still angry at the system on behalf of those who missed out.

Feel genuinely sorry for people that didn't get lucky today. I agree that membership points should be the way forward/ or points from people that went to Wembley (I went to 8 games this year). The fact that 5000 ST holders didnt turn up for Brighton is a shambles and ST holder should get given a warning then penalty for the number of games they miss (this should act as a deterrent). Lets not become the scum down the road.

I guess the reality is that the system isn't designed with fairness as its lead goal which is to make money. Why would the club change what is likely making them maximum amount of money than it has for a very long time.
Exactly - it's kind of nice that we're all discussing what is most fair - when the reality is that they will go for the system that gives them the most money.....

Why would you limit One Hotspur plus to 7000 (The available tickets) when you've got 100000 people that will pay on the "Off chance" that they'll get a ticket.

I think the season ticket list being attached to OH+ membership is a bit silly. They should have a separate waiting list. I also think they should limit the OH+ level to the number of available tickets (7,000?) so that you are guaranteed a ticket should you want one. You would then have to have another waiting list for OH+ membership. Maybe OH members could then apply for any left overs via a ballot.

Not sure if this would be any better than the current system, but I do know the current system is rubbish. Although I suppose if you've got 170,000 members dropping money every year on the off chance of getting one of 7,000 tickets then why would the club be worrying about their fans clients.
that would make it a waiting list to go on the waiting list.
I think these big events should go to a ballot like we had before we moved, but without a points cutoff so all members still have a chance. Maybe have grades so bigger points along with plus membership gives you a bigger chance of getting in. If anybody has Vitality rewards and tries to win football tickets it's similar how your activity points give you a bigger chance.

Got in at 10:45, despite being in the queue on various browsers from 9am. No tickets left.

I've sent a complaint about the queuing system to [email protected] because it's just a massive fucking waste of my time and systematically unfair.
I sent a complaint in couple weeks ago; received the usual bullshit corporate reply. But, if enough people complain and the supporters trust get involved, maybe something will get sorted.

Back
Top Bottom