Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The shape, if not personnel of how we played on Saturday would be okay.

I favour 3-5-2 if played well.

I think it clear that Real and Juventus both thought they would sweep past Ajax. We won't think that and the stakes are so high.

If Ajax go on to win the competition, I doubt any team, apart from maybe us could have had a harder route from the last 16 stage.
Ajax had to eliminate three opponents (Sturm Graz, Standard Liege and Dynamo Kiev) before even qualifying for this year's champion's league. The campaign started back in July and Tottenham-Ajax will be the 17th CL-game of the season.

Think there's massive potential for both clubs, or at least fans of both clubs, to underestimate the opponent here,

Ajax would have looked at our fixture with City and been fearful of City so arehappy it's 'only' Spurs. I think it's likely they underestimate how good we are. Add to that they probably overestimate how easy we'll be having beaten the bigger teams they've already beaten.

Plus, and this is legitimate, our two biggest goal threats miss either one or both games. Midfielders are out etc.

And we look at them and think they are from a shit league and players lack experience.

I know Poch will never underestimate them, and probably that will reach the players but I've no idea what their own manager is like.

I think I'm losing it. I keep checking that I've really bought the tickets and haven't done something stupid like purchased tickets for Spurs Ladies vs Ajax Ladies. I've even just checked my credit card to ensure that the payment went through. I'll only be sure nothing went wrong when the tickets appear on the app.

Last edited:
Buzzing for this!!! My season ticket seat has been re-located for this fixture so fingers crossed i can get a ticket in the lower part of the south stand when my sale window opens tomorrow!!! :kanegoal:

Greetings everyone,

First, congratulations on reaching the semi-final of the CL league. I was screaming and cheering when the game against City was over. I can't imagine a better game than Ajax - Spurs. I have waited for so long for this

Today the sale of the home game starts with us. Fortunately I can buy 2 tickets.
Unfortunately my friend cannot be there so I have a ticket left.
The idea that I have is to give that ticket away to a Spurs fan with the intention that he can arrange a ticket for me for the away game.

Is there anyone interested in this? let me know.
I wish you all the best of luck and let's all make it a great party!

Just accepted a new contract of work which includes late shifts but due to unforeseen circumstances, i am unable to attend for two days.

Those days just happen to be 30th Apr and the 8th of May.

Bought a train ticket to Amsterdam for £61. Unfortunately have not booked a return or any accommodation. This trip is going to cost be £800 and that is not even talking about the tickets. :kanehand:

Back
Top Bottom