Tottenham Hotspur Karting FC vs AC Milan 08/03/2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow. Maybe that's the best we can offer.

But let's face it, that's a desperately week looking line up for a Champions League tie.
Paper thin and hideously under invested.

Let's hope the boys can play above themselves and revoke the spirit of Amsterdam!

:contefists:
Just think, a team that got to the final four years ago, has a team that now looks like this fucking shocking.

Please lads! Just some intensity! Start fast, be aggressive, create chances!

If we go out so be it just please have a fucking go and attack them!

See always the same narrative from some and waiting for any and every oppportunity.

Not under invested or poorly invested? Not a bit unlucky with injuries to 2 or 3 key players or any failure to make the most of the available pool of talent?

Take-out Casimero from United and De Gea, have an off-form Rashford and United are suddenly under invested. Take Ederson and Allisson out and. See a poorly performing front 3 at Liverpool etc. See the incoherence of 15 new players bought at incredible cost but no complaints as some would jizz at the thought of more players being acquired at great cost.

Nobody right-minded would have broken up Kane, Son and Kulusevski. We didn't and bought the Brazilian numbrr 9. Who would have foreseen what followed? We bought a midfielder some thought would be different gravy

Defensively we should be 100% better equipped in central defence in particular but tonight Romero suspended.

But it's always the same fcuking narrative. Spend spend spend. Just boring and actually untrue.

Like dealing with misinfornation it's impossible to decode what the writer is actually seeking.

Tonight we most likely lose (in my opinion) because we are not seeing the squad utilised in the right way or energised to perform. I hope I'm wrong but doubt it. We scare nobody other than ourselves.

But it's not solely a matter of investment.

Wouldn't be surprised if we go through tonight. After a couple of poor games there is always a pick me up that gets me sucked in again and makes me think this is the turning point and we are going to go on a good run. It only ever lasts 3 or four days though :levystare:

See always the same narrative from some and waiting for any and every oppportunity.

Not under invested or poorly invested? Not a bit unlucky with injuries to 2 or 3 key players or any failure to make the most of the available pool of talent?

Take-out Casimero from United and De Gea, have an off-form Rashford and United are suddenly under invested. Take Ederson and Allisson out and. See a poorly performing front 3 at Liverpool etc. See the incoherence of 15 new players bought at incredible cost but no complaints as some would jizz at the thought of more players being acquired at great cost.

Nobody right-minded would have broken up Kane, Son and Kulusevski. We didn't and bought the Brazilian numbrr 9. Who would have foreseen what followed? We bought a midfielder some thought would be different gravy

Defensively we should be 100% better equipped in central defence in particular but tonight Romero suspended.

But it's always the same fcuking narrative. Spend spend spend. Just boring and actually untrue.

Like dealing with misinfornation it's impossible to decode what the writer is actually seeking.

Tonight we most likely lose (in my opinion) because we are not seeing the squad utilised in the right way or energised to perform. I hope I'm wrong but doubt it. We scare nobody other than ourselves.

I guess you are right. Just spend spend spend is pointless. But if you spend spend spend wisely, you win things. We spent 60m on richarlison when our attack was doing great last year while we play 3 CBs and only 1 was good. Instead we go a loan for Lenglet. We do have some idiots in charge.

For the most part I agree with this. My issue with investment has always been a matter of who and when. Both of these factors have been an issue with the hierarchy for years. But no, not £ spent solely.

The other huge factor is tactics, style and motivation. All sadly lacking this season.

Please lads! Just some intensity! Start fast, be aggressive, create chances!

If we go out so be it just please have a fucking go and attack them!
Ironically we started the last couple of games well.
I'm nostalgic for the days when we were shit first half and won the game in the second! o_O

But then we have the same narrative defending the mess that we are in, the whole forum like the club is going around in circles.
As for a midfielder at great cost, I thought Bisouma was a great addition and said at the time, unfortunately we are set up that doesn't or isn't getting the best out of him, be I think he is a cracking player.
Richarlsion again, is another one, who for whatever reason cannot get going, but for his national team is their number one striker.
As for utd, they have had one bad result since winning a trophy, something that we have avoided for years.
After we won the league cup in 08 our form was shit too, so not sure why them and Liverpool are referred to.
Some of our problems, is and has been under investment, or going with the cheaper option, and some of it is bad scouting or players not being utilised to their strengths.
But what isn't up for questioning, is the shocking mess that we are in, and the potentially poor line up that awaits us tonight.
Coys

Milan were decidedly average in the first leg, I think they were missing a few regular starters, will they be back tonight?
Oh and lets hope we have a ref who is less lenient to Kjaer tonight, he was virtually playing rugby last match

Any chance this is cancelled due to "dangerous conditions for supporters" or some other bollocks?

I assume North London has the snow this morning that we have here down in deep South?
Leao apparently didn't want to come to the PL cos of the cold weather. Reckon we've got the upper hand now. Get a snow blower in the stands.

If you can't get a bit worked up for a European Cup tie that's in the balance against seven-time winners AC Milan under the lights at WHL then there's something wrong with you.

And that's a fact that you can build a house on.

YIDS
Maybe - maybe the thing wrong with me is actually Spurs though.

Maybe - maybe the thing wrong with me is actually Spurs though.
If its that bad, stop whining and get off the pot.

Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to go to games or watch on TV or give any kind of a shit. If you and others posting similar find it so indescribably awful, do something else.

spank-spanking.gif

Sarr and Skip should start every game until the end of the season.

We need to move on from players like Hojbjerg who won't have a future under a manager that prefers front foot possession based style of football.

If Bissouma is back in time then it should be Sarr and Bissouma as both are better footballers than Skipp and Hojbjerg.

Back
Top Bottom