Tottenham Hotspur Karting FC vs AC Milan 08/03/2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think a lot wanted Conte because they thought he would be backed to something like the level he was at maybe Chelsea but as it turned out of course he wasn't so its not a good fit .

Meh. That's got nothing to do with style and the so-called Spurs DNA.......

I think a lot wanted Conte because they thought he would be backed to something like the level he was at maybe Chelsea but as it turned out of course he wasn't so its not a good fit .

I fell for the ‘elite manager’ right now crap and not a dinosaur like Jose

The football this season is remarkably similar imv

If they're as naive/ignorant/[insert preferred term] then sure; but they should perhaps not pretend to be otherwise at every other turn. We're talking about an environment (TFC) when most people like think they know their shit and what style of manager Conte (or Jose who was also initially a popular hire!) is....

Those same people bitching about DNA is taking the piss quite frankly.
That's maybe so, but emotion is a fucker.

Again, honestly, I don't know how I voted in the Conte poll, but I never wanted Jose. Never wanted Poch gone, but knew it had to happen.

I don't know who else other than me is bitching about DNA to be honest.

I'm just bored as fuck of always being the bridesmaid wearing dungarees. (I'll admit I'm not particularly good at analogies)

At least let us eat cake and be sick. We need something to enjoy. Dour football and occasional results isn't cutting it for me any more.

If I hadn't indoctrinated my daughters I honestly think I'd be patronising The Walks in King's Lynn again of a Saturday by now.

Meh. That's got nothing to do with style and the so-called Spurs DNA.......
Agreed. Check the level of "backing" he got in the first year of his tenure. i.e. the year he won the premier league. Michie Batshuayi, Marcos Alonso and (admitetedly an excellent) N'golo Kante (for circa £33m)

I think correct recruitment is the biggest factor if I'm honest. And lately a lot of that seems dependant on who is willing to come to you.

I fell for the ‘elite manager’ right now crap and not a dinosaur like Jose

The football this season is remarkably similar imv
I fell for it myself never thought he would come to due to the likely budget he would get.When he did sign I thought something must be up with Levy and he was going to change his ways boy was I naive I really should have trusted my original opinion.

That's maybe so, but emotion is a fucker.

Again, honestly, I don't know how I voted in the Conte poll, but I never wanted Jose. Never wanted Poch gone, but knew it had to happen.

I don't know who else other than me is bitching about DNA to be honest.

That quote about DNA has been banded about here a great deal and peoples complaints about style of play are even more common place too.

(When I said "bitching" it was more a general reference...... It didn't strike me that you particularly were.)

I fell for it myself never thought he would come to due to the likely budget he would get.When he did sign I thought something must be up with Levy and he was going to change his ways boy was I naive I really should have trusted my original opinion.

Lets not pretend that he hasn't had players and significant money spent.

Utter bullshit.......

Says the same person who commonly and condescendingly (yet childishly) calls people ENIC-lovers.......

The same guy that called anyone that didn't want to lose to Man City not proper fans.

There are ENIC lovers on here so totally accurate & with the way our season is looking, wanting us to lose to City looks a smarter choice every week.

Where's that three points getting us? A trophy? A platform for great football? Was a nice win. Long term benefits? Nout.

Lets not pretend that he hasn't had players and significant money spent.
He has got money just not enough with the wages required to get the two or three high end signings that might have pushed us on a level .Of course no signings are guaranteed to succeed but proven player with a track record of success was what I was wishing for to improve our chances .At the end of last season things were looking positive some quality brought in then who knows .

I predict that Milan will let themselves up in a traditional Italian defensive formation to protect their 1-0 lead. And we will set ourselves up in a traditional Conte defensive formation hoping not to go 2-0 down with a slight chance of Kane nicking one against the run of play.

Until around the 78th minute when Conte realises that 0-0 is not a superb result with a team which is valued at hundreds of millions with very few injuries now, and makes a couple of attacking subs.

That quote about DNA has been banded about here a great deal and peoples complaints about style of play are even more common place too.

(When I said "bitching" it was more a general reference...... It didn't strike me that you particularly were.)
You and I are from the same school of "Levy is doing an excellent job of trying tp keep up with the Jones's". However, I am just at the stage where I don't think hanging on to the coat tails of the cheats and the mega clubs (and the Goons who this year appear to have somehow got it right- attacking football anyone?) is enough any more. The occasional 2-0 at home against teams we should be beating anyway, then losing away in a miserable fashion against relegation threatened dross is no longer holding my interest.

Also - if the Chairman is going to spout about forgetting about the DNA, what other conclusions are we meant to draw? Billy Nic, Arthur Rowe, Greaves, Hoddle, Gascoinge, Ginola etc. etc.

The hypocrisy of my dislike of Ndombele for example doesn't escape me, however, surely we can have a team of workers on the front foot by default?

How many out and out flair players did we have in 16-17? Eriksen and Dele?

The same guy that called anyone that didn't want to lose to Man City not proper fans.
I find it really hard to think of a single scenario where I would want Spurs to lose. Maybe a scenario where we’re mid table on the last day, away to Fulham ( a team I generally like) and the loss would relegate Woolwich.

Anyone that wants us to lose a match midway through the season with nothing riding on it given that we badly needed the points is beyond redemption.
Sometimes I’m convinced I’m on a spoof site.

There are ENIC lovers on here so totally accurate

ENIC-lovers? Sort it out.

It's childish, troll-ish bollocks that only serves to piss on a better standard of discussion taking place and given the manner that he's subsequently claiming to respect all opinions; it can fuck right off.

& with the way our season is looking, wanting us to lose to City looks a smarter choice every week.

No it doesn't.

Losing more games = worse season.

Fuck all the whimpering about Woolwich.

Again; even if you have a differing opinon on this matter; accusing the vast majority of the forum as not being "proper fans" for not wanting lose is shit.... To then claim to be respectful of all opinions is a thorough piss-take.

There's a huge spectrum of fans from dyed in the wool to day trip tourist. None of them would I call a cunt.

Not really any need. We are all here to support the chaps wearing the lilywhite shirts surely?
By the same token, telling a Spurs fan to fuck off to Woolwich was also overstepping the mark, surely?

Last edited:
I find it really hard to think of a single scenario where I would want Spurs to lose. Maybe a scenario where we’re mid table on the last day, away to Fulham ( a team I generally like) and the loss would relegate Woolwich.

Anyone that wants us to lose a match midway through the season with nothing riding on it except that we badly need the points is beyond redemption.
Sometimes I’m convinced I’m on a spoof site.

The fact is, I felt we could lose the City game, put a spanner in arsenals title charge and still go on a late Conte-esque run like we did last season and sneak into the the top four. I was never convinced by Newcastle staying the distance, and Chelsea and Liverpool were nowhere at that time.

I've also had it with this notion that top four is some mecca we should focusing entire seasons on, we were already well out of the title race at that point.

As it turns out we are probably going to bottle the top four trophy to the scousers anyway.

Anyone who has followed this club long enough knows the way this plays out.

Just try and understand that top four is not a trophy or success for this club.

While we are chatting why are named after a gooner? odd choice for a Spurs forum don't you think?
He was also a shit manager for us so not sure why anyone would want to use his name as a forum name.

ENIC-lovers? Sort it out.

It's childish, troll-ish bollocks that only serves to piss on a better standard of discussion taking place and given the manner that he's subsequently claiming to respect all opinions; it can fuck right off.

No it doesn't.

Losing more games = worse season.

Fuck all the whimpering about Woolwich.

Again; even if you have a differing opinon on this matter; accusing the vast majority of the forum as not being "proper fans" for not wanting lose is shit.... To then claim to be respectful of all opinions is a thorough piss-take.

Some people have just had enough of people willing to argue in favour of them. It's shit enough having to watch this football, add to that coming on here frustated and hearing "but but City have lots of money or "but but we've progressed on this graph" and people are kidding themselves if they expect a higher level of discourse

Ok, where does it end? Last game of the season and if we beat City it gives them the league, if we win we finish 8th instead of 9th. You take the former, right? So does 99% of this forum. Some posters just value top 4 about as much as the difference between 8th or 9th. The "whimpering" about Woolwich is what you get when the ownership offer a team which is embarrassing to actually support and painful to watch. Schadenfreude/basic tribalism is all that's left. Them winning a title actually means something to people, us qualifying for Europe to get knocked out by the first decent team we meet doesn't.

And yeah, I agree he shouldn't have said people aren't proper fans. Wanting us to win vs City wasn't wrong at all but I really don't think saying "fuck it, we're going nowhere so I at least wanna chuck a spanner in their works" was either. I don't know why people care so much, they moan when people hate them too much and moan when they hate them too little. Maybe if the owners could assemble a side who do justice to the shirt fans would care less about being petty.

Just try and understand that top four is not a trophy or success for this club.

While we are chatting why are named after a gooner? odd choice for a Spurs forum don't you think?
I don’t give a flying fuck if winning the game means the difference between finishing 17th and ……. 17th.

I never want us to lose. Anyone who calls people who want Spurs to win ‘not proper fans’ is a fucking 🛎️ end.
As for the name, it’s a piss-take for the Arteta simps here and a reminder for those who place trophy winning managers on a pedestal.

Back
Top Bottom